PDA

View Full Version : Misfits

saskatoo
03-17-2011, 09:50 AM
So I am a huge fan of the series 'Misfits'. Its a British show, but it seems to be growing pretty popular at least in Canada where I am. I really want to cosplay it but it might be difficult since you would need to have an actual physical likeness to be recognized I think.... All they wear is orange jumpsuits although if I had a whole group people might recognize?

Anyway for those of you who DO know the show, what do you think!? :D

Husk
03-17-2011, 10:36 AM
I love misfits! I think you'd be more likely to get recognized if there were a whole group, but still each character has their own quirks you could mimic without much physical similarity to the original actors.

EX: Alisha wears her uniform belted, cuffed, and partially unzipped. Curtis usually wears his tied around his waist with a tank/vest top. Nathans says "community blowback".

In short, I totally think a misfits cosplay is possible, plausible and would just flat out rock. Which character were you thinking of doing?

saskatoo
03-18-2011, 06:24 PM
Yeah Im thinking if I can find some others to do it with me we could be awesome! Not too many of my cosplay friends watch the show though :(

Im not totally sure...I think I could perhaps pull off Simon the most realistically but I had also considered Alisha and Kelly haha. As much as I love Nathan....I dont think I could pull him off. And Ive never been a huge fan of Curtis...Hes just sort of meh haha

Husk
03-18-2011, 11:23 PM
I seem to have the same problem. For some reason despite the growing popularity it hasn't really reached the cosplay community.

And Curtis never did it for me either. Simon is amazing though. If I could crossplay well I would totally crossplay him...but I can't. So I'm stuck trying to decide between Kelly and Alisha lol.

Side note: Series 3! No more orange jumpsuits. I'd like to take a minute to morn them.

saskatoo
03-20-2011, 06:03 PM
Yeah I just keep my fingers crossed that one day I'll see an epic group walk past haha!

I really like all of the characters minus Curtis lol, and Nathan is so hilarious! I think Nathan might possibly be my favourite just for all the stupid stuff he says xD

ALSO. That never even occurred to me! Omg. *joins you in mourning*

Faraday
03-20-2011, 10:52 PM
heeeey, I just watched the entire series last week!
given the chance I'd totally cosplay as Kelly but I'm afraid I'd only end up looking like a generic 'ASBO s--thead' as Nathan so lovingly calls them, haha. Though theoretically highway trash collector would be a better selection of Halloween costume for me since everything I've chosen has been way too obscure.
The superhero costumes they wore in the costume party episode would also be memorable in my opinion (nevermind that I immediately noticed the girls' outfits were inverted Silk Spectre designs).

Husk
03-21-2011, 01:06 AM
Wow i never noticed it was just an inverted Silk Spectre design. I'll never look at the ep the same way again lol. Speaking of that ep, did anyone else really like Bruno?

Side note: You know...there's 3 of us on this thread, 2 more and we can have the ASBO 5!

saskatoo
03-24-2011, 09:36 AM
Hmm actually now that you mention it, Kellys outfit in particular was very Silk Spectre ish! xD And yes! Now we only need two more ASBO shit heads hahahah

I didnt mind Bruno. He was a nice guy.....monkey.....gorilla xD I was sad that he got shot though.

Husk
03-24-2011, 09:57 AM
I know, I was sad too! But it ultimately gave us one of the best lines of the series (in my book).

"uh--I shagged a monkey"

Priceless. Okay that's it. This just totally convinced me to cosplay Kelly. I'm off to look for orange jumpsuits now.

dagmarus
03-26-2011, 01:13 AM
I was actually considering doing a "Superhoodie" costume. I found the pads he wears and everything. Love me some Misfits.

Husk
03-26-2011, 09:50 AM
Superhoodie would be awesome! He was easily one of the best parts of series 2! If you do it, make sure to post some pics :)

dagmarus
04-06-2011, 07:48 PM
haha, yeah, I think I may end up doing it next year. I'm kinda past my budget for costumes this year.

Faraday
04-11-2011, 12:35 PM
http://robert-sheehan.com/2011/04/10/robert-not-returning-to-misfits/
No more orange jump suits and no more Nathan either. Get bummed.

dagmarus
04-13-2011, 08:37 PM
...that sucks so completely. Goodbye, Misfits.

thecastiel
04-17-2011, 03:24 AM
My roommates and I are actually planning to go to Youmacon this year as Kelly, Alisha, and Simon. We might even have a Nathan. I'm so excited, we've already bought our jumpsuits and everything! c: