PDA

View Full Version : Ciel on a budget.. Haha!

animefreak754
03-19-2011, 01:31 PM
Ugh. Haha. So, Im a Ciel cosplayer on a budget saddly. The places online are just.. WAY TO EXPENSIVEEE

My point of posting this is, I have to find places where I can find a good Ciel costume for a good price. I mean like... thrift store-ish type things. Does anyone have any ideas on like.. Where I could go? I live in Austin, Texas

Reisana-chan
03-19-2011, 01:35 PM
What exactly is your budget would you say? I know a website where the costumes are a bit on the cheap side compared, with added shipping to the US it adds to $100-110. (although the Ciel costumes are a bit more expensive.. So it's be $110-140 :( )

But you really could go anywhere, what you find doesn't have to be an exact replica of what you're looking for. You can always modify them to fit your needs :).
I would reccommend any thrift stores or second-hand shops. Google for some in your area and see what comes up!

Good luck~

rajamitsu
03-19-2011, 01:41 PM
Unfortunately, I'm on the other side of the country, so I don't know where you could look. ^^; But maybe something to consider budget-wise? You might want to consider doing one of his civilian/undercover outfits, like the newsboy look in the Jack the Ripper arc. There's a different one in the circus arc of the manga. I'd think most of that you could find in a local Goodwill.

Kuriin
03-19-2011, 01:46 PM
If you're trying to make a specific costume it'd be tougher, but if you're just generally trying to look like him it shouldn't be too hard. XD Just look for military/sailor/navy type jackets, knee shorts, other Victorian looking things ect., I put together a pretty decent cosplay of him like that. If you're making a specific outfit you can always modify things :3

animefreak754
03-19-2011, 01:51 PM
Hey thanks :) I sadly have a budget of.. Like.. $80 so buying an internet costume is out of the question. I was considerably (trying to use big words XD) lost. But thanks for the help! Im only 13 (ironic im Ciels age? XD) so there is no wa for me to get a job XD

Kuriin
03-19-2011, 03:34 PM
I'm 14, also without very much money, so we're kind of in the same situation XD Good luck~

Mehdia
03-19-2011, 08:08 PM
Like everyone else said, just rummage around thrift shops and goodwills and all. You will eventually run into something you can use. The idea to do his newsboy look or something can also be done using thrift store pieces or even hitting up some regular department stores.

Don't worry about the age and lack of money though. One of my best friends started cosplaying when she was 13 and always just saved her money from allowances, Christmas, and birthday to pay for cosplay. She's 20 now and has a job to pay for her cosplay habit (especially her expensive Ciel costume I made her last year). But just remember, there have been plenty of times even the best of cosplayers have been strapped for cash and had to find ways around spending the big bucks on their costumes.

animefreak754
03-19-2011, 10:20 PM
I found that out. Well, I went shopping today haha. Guess what I found? A Ciel outfit! Well, I put it together haha XD Im going to post it on my page soon if you want to see
\

jalynissuper!
03-20-2011, 01:54 AM
i looked at your pic. its cute so far! You can easily find a ribbon to tie around your neck, and possibly a matching colored flower or ornament for your hair. (even a tiny hat would work if you could find one! party stores are a great place for little things like that.)
An eye patch would be easy, and gloves as well.

I think I mentioned this in another thread about ciel, but he is a character that you don't have to follow from specific scans or pics. He is a character you can take creative license with, since he has so many costume changes. Its a fun way of bringing you're own personal taste to the character. Just stay within his color schemes, usually dark colors. If you have a sebastian that's a super plus!

animefreak754
03-20-2011, 03:51 PM
i looked at your pic. its cute so far! You can easily find a ribbon to tie around your neck, and possibly a matching colored flower or ornament for your hair. (even a tiny hat would work if you could find one! party stores are a great place for little things like that.)
An eye patch would be easy, and gloves as well.

I think I mentioned this in another thread about ciel, but he is a character that you don't have to follow from specific scans or pics. He is a character you can take creative license with, since he has so many costume changes. Its a fun way of bringing you're own personal taste to the character. Just stay within his color schemes, usually dark colors. If you have a sebastian that's a super plus!

Yes! I do have a Sebastian! And thank you so much for the advice! I think a little hat would be fun haha. And yes I was glad I realized I didn't have to spend a million dollars on it. I just have to buy the wig :) Now my Sebastian just has to get his costume already, and we can do a Photoshoot. I cant believe I got it finished before my cosplay meet up too haha XD Thanks again for the advice.

2moro
09-02-2011, 09:23 PM
Hey thanks :) I sadly have a budget of.. Like.. $80 so buying an internet costume is out of the question. I was considerably (trying to use big words XD) lost. But thanks for the help! Im only 13 (ironic im Ciels age? XD) so there is no wa for me to get a job XD

im 12 and have no money either
im going to a con as paperboy ciel so all i can advise is just look in thrift stores and such and then if you can sew, then make what you cant find