PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to Hetalia...

PSY-chan
03-19-2011, 01:46 PM
I'll start this...

Thanks to Hetalia I have:

*fangirled over the Lithuanian Embassy
*internally fangirled over a cute Russian guy at Starbucks

Your turn!

Axelai
03-19-2011, 02:51 PM
*got a bunch of stares in History class for knowing so much about the axis
*giggle at my homework when it said "America is materialistic". So true~
*stopped hating the country of Germany
*realized world peace is capable with understanding between the new generations

I don't do that whole "hahaha this part of history is funny" bit because that's kind of heartless. Like the girl in my class who said Poland's invasion in WW2 was so yaoi. In history class. That's kind of desensitizing the deaths of people. I find it funny in the show's context, but thats it.

But it does make me think of the characters every time I see the names written down in homework. Like at one point, it was talking about Germany being evil, and I was like "No. Its leader was evil. Its politics were evil. But Germany was just chillin, man."

ToroSonyCat
03-19-2011, 03:23 PM
- I learnt about the existance of Sealand
- It encouraged me to actually start learning where countries were on the map. No joke, I couldn't even tell you where Canada was before. I thought the area where Canada is was America, poor Canada. I also thought Russia was a small country.

belligerent
03-19-2011, 04:06 PM
Thanks to hetalia I have:

-Made a bunch of friends. None that live anywhere near me, but hey.
-Re-kindled my interest in going to cons.
-Begun cosplaying.
-Found a new way to spend all the money I don't have.
-Discovered my amazing acting ability (???????), which I will now be using in panels.
-Put a shit-ton of miles on my car.
-Learned that my true talent is looking like a man.

Codename Otacon
03-19-2011, 04:17 PM
- I learnt about the existance of Sealand.

^That.

Anmanda
03-19-2011, 05:03 PM
.. I think I have to say that I learnt about the existance of Sealand too ^^'

- gotten more intrested in foregin languages and history :3
- fangirled over something in my sisters history book (... I don't remember what it was.. but still.. I totally fangirled =u=;; )

smilestyle
03-19-2011, 05:17 PM
/edited!

Gwazi57
03-19-2011, 05:34 PM
Thanks to hetalia, i will Never be able to ride the "it's a small world" ride at Disneyworld without breaking out into a laughing fit,

I insist we eat pasta or cheeseburgers,

And I chant kolkolkol at my enemies.

GO HETALIA.

fullbleed
03-19-2011, 07:01 PM
I've become aware of Yaoi, this is not a good thing
I've learnt more about Eastern Europe
Got back into anime in general
and I've had my sexuality questioned even more than ever

Shana05
03-19-2011, 09:40 PM
Like Belligerent, I made a bunch of new friends. I even ended up riding to St. Louis for a con with some. Also I can identify a lot more flags.

Keirii21
03-19-2011, 10:14 PM
Thanks to Hetalia...

I now study...ermm...read the mangas :3
And pass my History tests ^^

princess96n
03-19-2011, 10:38 PM
Thanks to Hetalia...

-I know a lot more about all the countries
-History is much more interesting
-I can identify many more flags then I used to
-I also learned of Sealand's existence
-I cracked up when I passed a Mcdonalds that had three flag poles in front of it and they all had American flags on them :rofl:
-My cosplay list got a lot longer

Kira*chan
03-19-2011, 11:25 PM
Thanks to Hetalia...

-I've made a ton of new friends, both here, and in other countries
-I've learned to write smut (...yeah |D; )
-I learned of Sealand.
-I know a ton more history than I ever did before (I've always had an intrest in it, but never really....learned much. )
-I bought my first wig (And second...and third....)
-The list of languages I want to learn has tripled
-I Roleplay.
-I'm actually active on facebook
-I've found something I want to study in University. (European history, and Spanish studies, most likely |Da )
-I've begun to learn to sew

C. Marie
03-20-2011, 12:29 AM
I started using a tilde a whole heck of a lot more.

meepstio
03-22-2011, 10:44 AM
- Made a bunch of new friends
- Got more into cosplaying
- Got into roleplaying ffff.
- Got more into cons in general I suppose.. (more involved in skits/panels/events)
- Actually interested in history nao :T
- oh lol I now know what those flags are XD
- Know more countries... lol. Was rly closeminded about European countries before now I'm more interested.

Ritsu H Saotome
03-22-2011, 11:00 AM
Thanks to Hetalia....

-Being a history buff now crosses over with my cosplay photography
- The two years of German I took now has a purpose XD
- Greater Exposure to Yaoi (that can be clever)
- Opened my heart enough to start fangirling >.>

Firefly026
03-22-2011, 08:35 PM
Thanks to Hetalia....
*I have a use for all of the random history facts I know (seriously... my friends thought I was a history buff... I just have a really good memory lol...)
*Read up on history... FOR FUN O[]O
*I have learned to deal with my dislike for yaoi... I'm just used to it now, lol.
*I'm considering changing my major (from broadcasting to international studies perhaps?)
*I yell/say "Pastaaaa~!" whenever I'm at an Italian restaurant/pass the pasta isle at the grocery store lol.
*I'm so much more patriotic (AMERICA, YEAH!!!)
*Thanks to Hetalia, I'm actually a fan of the series. I never thought I would be... I was SO wrong lol.

BassPlayerNinja
03-22-2011, 09:07 PM
I chant kolkolkol at my enemies.

THAT. Is amazingly awesome.. because I do the same:rolleyes:

Gwazi57
03-22-2011, 09:20 PM
THAT. Is amazingly awesome.. because I do the same:rolleyes:
YES! I knew I wasn't alone!!!

Kolkolkolkolkol will rule the earth!

KittyAngel
03-23-2011, 12:03 AM
Thanks to Hetalia, it is now:

-my occassional drug

Thanks to Hetalia, I'm now:

-Asking my dad more about history just to see if the facts are true or not. Some made sense and others are..... meh, idk!!!!!

-Working on a Holy Roman Empire cosplay and possible others as my grab-and-go cosplays.
-Want to learn more about my German heritage (I'm part German on my mom's side and I'm part French and Irish on my dad's side:p Just don't ask me why though-_-; )

-Being smacked with Hetalia yaoi every where I turnXP

Shana05
03-23-2011, 12:05 AM
Thanks to Hetalia, my etsy shop got a lot more orders. Apparently there's few people making Hetalia related items, but many willing to buy them.

auburnsky
03-23-2011, 12:13 AM
Thanks to Hetalia...

I can't bring myself to take history so seriously anymore because every time they mention a war between England and France all I see is Iggy and Francis fighting each other. :p But I still love history, and I've always been decently good at it, except remembering all those dates. :D

PSY-chan
03-23-2011, 01:52 PM
Thanks for the posts guys! I, too, imagine history (in addition to world sporting events/other competitions) in terms of Hetalia.

Axelai
03-23-2011, 02:01 PM
Thanks to Hetalia...

I can't bring myself to take history so seriously anymore because every time they mention a war between England and France all I see is Iggy and Francis fighting each other. :p But I still love history, and I've always been decently good at it, except remembering all those dates. :D

That aspect of the fandom bothers me :\ Sometimes its a funny situation, but... remember these are real people in these wars. Real people died in them.

I admit, sometimes its funny (like when my book uses somewhat sexual sounding terms when discussing two country's politics), but... just keep that in mind :|

Ends Beginning
03-23-2011, 02:03 PM
*Got a Penpal in Sweden
*Got a Penpal in Russia
*Got another penpal in Kazakhstan
*Learned a good portion of the Russian Language
*Made plans to go to France for my honeymoon

I can't say gained an interest in international news, because I was doing that before I got into Hetalia....

Julesie
03-23-2011, 09:31 PM
Thanks to Hetalia...

-I named my guinea pigs after Germany and Prussia with their human names, Gilbert and Ludwig.
-Became more interested in the news and history.
-Got into cosplaying
-Recognize flags easier than before.
-Going to my first anime convention (next week)

BassPlayerNinja
03-23-2011, 09:42 PM
Thanks to Hetalia..

-I now refer to my German friend as "doitsu"

-Whenever someone mentions the country of Russia, I automatically yell "VODKAAA" without a second thought.

- I did a project on the country Japan just so I could quote Hetalia's Japan the whole time.
"Japanese grow em' not show em'." :D

*MiniEatsYou*
03-23-2011, 10:11 PM
Thanks to Hetalia:
* My friends and I are now England, France, Prussia, and Italy.
* History became A LOT more interesting. ;D
* I start doodling OCs for Latin Americs while we study it...
* I hear something about Prussia in a school video and have this face: *O* YAY!
* People are asking me if they can be [insert country]. (China and Hungary are all I can remember atm.)
* I say "That's what [insert country] said." when my friends say something somewhat inappropriate about a country.

...That's all I can think of. XD

auburnsky
03-24-2011, 07:23 PM
That aspect of the fandom bothers me :\ Sometimes its a funny situation, but... remember these are real people in these wars. Real people died in them.

I admit, sometimes its funny (like when my book uses somewhat sexual sounding terms when discussing two country's politics), but... just keep that in mind :|

I understand what you mean. I mean, I don't start laughing at wars and all the people who lost their lives, because those people sacrificed a lot during that time and it's just rude to laugh at the things they had to go through. It's just that I also remember Hetalia when they mention a war between two characters that were constantly bickering in the series. Or a peace treaty and stuff like that.

Shana05
03-24-2011, 08:21 PM
Before Hetalia came along, my high school World Studies tried to make the class funny by making light of war and stuff. Although for me, he wasn't funny at all and I didn't learn a thing from him making me have to study a lot outside of class so I could pass it. It seemed like I was the only one with this problem though.

makinonight
03-25-2011, 12:51 PM
Woo, how about I make this my first post on the forums? ;)
haha!

Thanks to Hetalia:

-I pass my History class. I've always loved History but I have the attention span of a fish. (It didn't help that I had bad History teachers, as well.) Watching the show and it talking about wars I had never heard of got me interested and then, bam! I began looking up all this history. Now I know quite a lot of history, about America and other countries!
-Got me interested in learning new languages such as: German, Korean, and Japanese.
-I gained a lot of friends! :D
-I got my family into it so now they want to cosplay with me.
-I've gotten better at roleplaying.
-I want to travel to different countries and visit historical places.
-Try different foods. (I was never one to try new things~)

and many more but I am in class at the moment so I can't really think of anything. :)

Emiko87
03-25-2011, 06:44 PM
I have:
>Learned to recognize a large percentage of European national flags
>Started watching Eurovision on youtube (it is actually pretty awesome and now I am jealous)
>Learned to recognize the national boundaries of a lot of European countries without looking at the names
>Developed a fascination with Eastern Europe, especially Poland and Lithuania
>made an awesome friend in Poland, who I am hoping to visit next summer :toothy:

Chaletica
03-25-2011, 08:27 PM
Thanks to Hetalia:
-I learnt about Sealand
-I think of the characters whenever I see a countries' name
-Gotten more interested in history
-Can identify more flags
-I got my first wig
-Made lots of new friends.

Gwazi57
03-25-2011, 08:50 PM
Thanks to Hetalia....
I started learning Russian,
Fangirled WAY TOO MUCH at the American history museum

Thanks to this thread...
I realized I'm the only one who made no friends..

Emiko87
03-25-2011, 10:54 PM
I randomly met mine on Deviantart, and I'd been in fandom for over a year by then, so you might meet someone yet =)

Codename Otacon
03-25-2011, 11:45 PM
Thanks to this thread...

I randomly met mine on Deviantart, and I'd been in fandom for over a year by then, so you might meet someone yet =)

^Agreed. DA is great place to make friends. Thats how I found my cosplay friends/groups.

Kira*chan
03-26-2011, 04:44 AM
Thanks to this thread...

You'll most likely make some soon c:
As others have said, dA is a good place for that.

I've made mine by going to cons, as well as cosplay meets in the city I live in (such as for Hetalia day, as well as Christmas), and also on some sites I go on (Like tinierme.com.
I've made two really good friends from there. Both are in Australia though. |D;; )

Gwazi57
03-26-2011, 05:23 AM
@Emiko87, chibi Baka zaru, Kira*chan

Thanks...
I've had a dA for a while, but still haven't really found anyone...I'll keep trying!

Thanks to Hetalia...
My best friend has been dubbed 'Iggy'

makinonight
03-28-2011, 12:09 PM
Thanks to this thread...

D'aww. I met all my good Hetalia friends on tumblr. c:

PSY-chan
03-28-2011, 03:33 PM
So I met a contact from a moving company. He's Hungarian and inquired about my first name. Apparently, it's Hungarian. I tried to stay relatively calm, but I was probably beaming when I found out! I'm so American...

Thanks to Hetalia, I have become more like Alfred ;)

crimson001
03-28-2011, 07:06 PM
Thanks to Hetalia...

I impressed my Medieval Lit. Professor with my knowledge of the Teutonic Knights in class today. (She was talking about how some Lithuanian Princes converted to Christianity and the scene where Teutonic Prussia shot Lithuania in the head popped into my head.)

SabienStrange
03-29-2011, 01:40 AM
:: it's easier to remember countries now, since i have derpy little faces to put them to.
:: i've met a friend who i hope will be around for a long time, and continue to school me on the mysterious inner workings of Canada.
:: the fanart is probably the best part of this fandom. somuchdelicioustalent.
:: cosplaying prussia forced me to stop being anti - social at cons and actually talk to people.

Celia Rose
03-29-2011, 11:10 AM
Thanks to Hetalia:
-I met one of my closest friends/cosplay buddies who has just as much interest in poli-sci as I do~ :heart:
-my artwork was published in a big-name book (TokyoPop's vol. 2 fan art contest).
-I learned more about specific events in world history, because whatever is referenced in Hetalia is usually vague and/or inaccurate for the sake of the punchline.
-I started learning wig styling techniques (for Taiwan's ahoge-curl-thingy).
-I've worked hard to better my manners, because the American stereotype glorified by Alfred and other people in the U.S. is really just gross. :/

In my area, there's a decently-sized Hetalia fandom, but with quite a few people who put way too much emphasis on the yaoi and disregard of personal boundaries/respect, instead of enjoying the characters and the series together. I've met awesome people through this fandom and the jokes are enjoyable, but I've had way too many negative encounters to really stick with it like I had in the past.

Pasta_or_Die
03-30-2011, 02:11 PM
*I now like Yaoi >.> (but only in Hetalia and i can be quite picky on couples)
*Sealand is a country and not a some piece of thing floating in the ocean
*Has been informed that Canada isn't invisible
*Squeals every time someone names a country
*Eats pasta basically everynight.
*Chibi drawings of Hetalia characters all over my science/math notes XD
*Sang Maru Kaite Chikyuu so much, my dad now knows most of the words
*Will never see Pangea the same way ever again
*Now watches the History channel
*Now pays attention in history class (but complain when we dont do enough history)
*Squealed like a fangirl when i saw The Holy Roman Empire in a sentence in a grammar book (giving me weird stares from the teacher and students)
*Cried when i heard what happened to Japan and gave up my whole allowance to donate $5 to them (all i had XD)

Since i just moved to California, I met one of my best friends over an anime convo and now we're inseperable.

Gwazi57
03-30-2011, 03:42 PM
Thanks to hetalia,
I realized that my friend and I are EXACTLY like the Italy brothers, so we now call eachother Romano and Feliciano. We plan on cosplaying them soon ;)

And I had way to much fun cooking burgers today.

jalynissuper!
04-12-2011, 10:00 AM
- my cosplay list has gotten much longer (canada, franca, ukraine planned but more soon)
- i have a new perspective of countries that I didn't really like before because of history.
(all the things still happened but its nice to look at it in a different way than the dark and dismal history)
- i feel like i've finally found an amazing fandom!

Mama Austria
04-13-2011, 12:08 PM
Ah, Hetalia.

*I've discovered a love of historical European fashion
*US History has been hilariously insane thanks to meeting a fellow fan
*I've been able to apply all my musical and Austrian knowledge into this character
* I have discovered a treasure trove of amazing and wonderful friends that have been my support through so much.

Riyunah
04-13-2011, 08:08 PM
- my mind is now open about other countries!
- I find Europe more interesting than what I know.
- I keep reading world history.
- Flags! Yes! I now memorized more flags.
- Micronations. This is like the first time I heard about Wy. o3o
- So much facts about countries -- very interesting!
- I'm partly self-studying Russian language. I find it interesting. :D
- Appreciate other countries; their culture and people and such. :D

FuntomKitten
04-15-2011, 05:33 PM
Thanks to Hetalia...
This happened;
Kay, so, I'm pretty much the Italy/America/whateverothercountryweneed in our Hetalia group. So, in History, we've been working in the lab. I get insanely annoyed, because I hear some kids laughing like idiots and talking about England for about 10 minutes. I finally turn around to tell them to SHUT IT, and I see that they'd looked up 'England hetalia' and were making fun of his eyebrows. They then gave me a thumbs up, 'cause guess how they know about Hetalia. I had started to tell them off, too, but then I just put on my best America voice and said "OMG FRANCE THEY'RE LIKE US. Carry on, guys.~" (Our France was next to me. Our England, next to her, was nothing short of raging. X'D)
...And stuff like this happens daily.

OH YEAH. 'Nother shorter story.
When you walk into the classroom with the book 'Victorian England' (because you're interested in the time period) and France mock-strangles you, Prussia rolls her eyes, and England acts like you're GOD.
...And you just called your three best friends France, Prussia, and England.

ReicheruHozuki
04-19-2011, 08:10 PM
Thanks to hetalia:
I give the kids in my class names of countries
I actually pay attention in history
I passed my S.A.T (Seriously, we didnt learn anything about the stuff on the test in history)
I draw random hetalia characters in class (some noobs in my class said they wanted to marry iggy O_o)

rubyspitfire
04-26-2011, 02:31 AM
*Will never see Pangea the same way ever again
this made me laugh

hm, because of hetalia:
- i have a new interest in where my ancestors came from. ok not just because of hetalia, but part of it
- some new music that isn't metal for once. specifically "delicious tomato song" and "carrot and stick". i can't help but start dancing around the house when those songs come up in my ipod shuffle
- am learning more japanese, since i prefer the sub to the dub. the music is helping with that too, especially when i can recognise the phrases that are the same in marukaite chikyuu

i haven't really had the benefits of findng new friends, but it'll happen when i go to more cons. there is a hetalia panel at afw again this year, and now that i know what hetalia is and isn't i'll be going to that

BeardedDragon74
05-01-2011, 12:37 PM
Because of Hetalia:
- I am no longer ashamed of my German heritage (WWII). I really can’t believe how proud I am, now.
- Discovered I have some Prussian ancestors (which explains my silver hairs)
- Realized the existence of SeaLand and Liechtenstein (and now can locate them on a map!)
- Instead of just a few words on a history book page, the 30 years war now creates an emotional response (poor HRE!)
- Will visit Italy next year, now I want to visit Germany
- Realized the world economic impact of Germany (and quickly switched some of my stocks to international which turned out to be an awesome move)
- Always thought Belgium would be an old toothless man, never expected such a nice looking, non-drunk character (I’m half Belgian so I can pick on myself and my family)
- Can list all the countries involved in the War of Austrian Succession without batting an eyelash
- Making my first elaborate costume (HRE)
- Naming my sheep on FarmVille after Hetalia characters
- When referencing a country, accidentally referencing to him or her
- I actually got a friend into Hetalia, who got two others into it (it’s a web!)

Anmanda
05-05-2011, 02:49 PM
Oh I came up with another one, thanks to Hetalia I'm now looking forward to this years Eurovision Song Contest xD

(For you people who doesn't live in Europe, it's basically a song contest where each country have a singer/band who represents their country and then people from all across Europe votes for their favorite song, and then the song who got the most votes from the people in, let's say France for an example, gets 12 points from France, the song that gets the second most votes from the French gets 10 points and so on, and the song with the most points win obviously.)

The contest itself isn't THAT amusing, but I find the voting HILARIOUS, and it totally suits the Hetalia characters personalities =u=. Like, Russia ALWAYS gets high points (8, 10, 12) from Latvia Estonia, Lithuania and Belarus. ALWAYS O^O The Nordics almost always give high points to each other, and UK gets.... none cuz he has no friends xD Or well at least last year UK got the least points of all countries... Even Belarus beat him.. OnO

CyberCandy
05-05-2011, 04:17 PM
Oh I came up with another one, thanks to Hetalia I'm now looking forward to this years Eurovision Song Contest xD

(For you people who doesn't live in Europe, it's basically a song contest where each country have a singer/band who represents their country and then people from all across Europe votes for their favorite song, and then the song who got the most votes from the people in, let's say France for an example, gets 12 points from France, the song that gets the second most votes from the French gets 10 points and so on, and the song with the most points win obviously.)

The contest itself isn't THAT amusing, but I find the voting HILARIOUS, and it totally suits the Hetalia characters personalities =u=. Like, Russia ALWAYS gets high points (8, 10, 12) from Latvia Estonia, Lithuania and Belarus. ALWAYS O^O The Nordics almost always give high points to each other, and UK gets.... none cuz he has no friends xD Or well at least last year UK got the least points of all countries... Even Belarus beat him.. OnO

thats epic xD i wanna watch this too bad i live in the us =/

Because of Hetalia, I learned of Sealand.
I'm now OBESSED with China<3
I want to become one with Russia xD
this (http://www.zerochan.net/356755)

Naruto Uzumaki
05-06-2011, 11:40 PM
As far as the Eurovision thing goes I think it gets streamed on the internet as well.

Thanks to Hetalia...
- I'm obsessed with becoming one with Russia (in the dirtiest ways possible..)
- I've started to become interested in world history.
- My cosplay list has tripled!
- I have an unshakable urge to visit Russia, Sweden and Germany.
- I'm once again interested in anime after a very long hiatus.
- I have something to fanboy over again!

KanaTamago
05-07-2011, 09:45 PM
Anyways, my turn.

Thanks to the series (unfortunately) I
-cannot make a straight face when reading country-related stuff especially those about my favourite countries (or if the word phrasing makes absolute sense when I picture it in my mind)
-Am into countries that I once thought were typical (especially Finland, Denmark, and Norway which are ordinary at first but now everything I think about them changes now)
-And because of this everytime I look or even buy that merchandise I wonder if people question why I'm buying something so irrelevant
-Know where Sealand and Prussia is
-Know the typical Hetalia in jokes (like vital regions, saying "Who?" after Canada is mentioned)

Here are some things I already know before Hetalia
- I know pretty much all the countries aside the two mentioned above, since read maps all the time
- And that I know how everyone's flags look like

kittymutt
05-07-2011, 11:27 PM
Thanks to Hetalia: (Some already may have been said)

--I can easily name off the three Baltic Countries. (Never could get them right on tests)
-- I discovered a lot of awesome foreign music thanks to fan videos on youtube.
-- I've become more interested in my own heritage.
-- I love tomatoes even more then I did before.
-- I tend to find a lot of hetalia-related jokes out of things I see in everyday life.
-- I've met the most awesomeness, coolest amazingly spectacular-icious people ever in this fandom. =D
-- I learned about the existence of Sealand.

RandomSprinkles
05-14-2011, 02:27 PM
-One word: Sealand.
-I know so many more countries than I ever thought I would.
-I could not go through reading and summarizing the causes of WWI without picturing all of the Hetalia characters involved.
-I can understand history SO much better.
-I have successfully accomplished in confusing all of my friends who don't watch/read Hetalia (which is... basically all of them) with random references and jokes.
-I fell in love with cosplay and wish to dress up as every character every day.
-My interest in anime and manga has reignited.

Dalibar
05-14-2011, 03:55 PM
Thanks to Hetalia:

- I have way too many cosplays to do....
- I'm saving up the money to buy Sealand
- I refound my love for history
- My friends and I have so many inside jokes
- I'm even more interested in learning multiple languages
- I'm even more proud of my Russian, German, and Austrian ancestry
- I can now name most of the countries on a map!!! Hows that for being American!
- I also memorized a lot of flags!
- I have waaaay too much yaoi xD!

xAbbiChanx
05-31-2011, 01:38 PM
- I type with tildes all the time
- I roleplay
- I'm best friends with my Social Studies teacher
- I actually know a bit more about geography than my Social Studies teacher. (He couldn't figure out where Liechtenstein was, I found it in about a second. XDDD)
- I became a yaoi fangirl (I used to kind of hate it. Now I know better.)
- My cosplay list got A LOT longer

VIsForValarie
06-02-2011, 03:09 PM
Thanks to Hetalia I:

-Will never look at a map the same ever again
-Began Cosplaying
-Have made a ton of great friends
-Learned that the key to world peace is being able to laugh at yourself and your own mistakes
-Have a long list of languages I want to learn
-Rekindled my passion for travel
-Love to study history
-Have an unhealthy obsession with Prussia and Russia
-Discovered I have a 'thing' for thick eyebrows 0w0 (Darn you Iggy!! *shakes fist*)
-Realized just how much I love foreign accents (Especially British, Russian, and German :D)
-Respect cultural differences so much more

And that's just the tip of the iceberg. ^_^

loveless/angel
06-02-2011, 03:29 PM
Thanks to Hetalia, I can't ever take world history seriously again and met awesome people.

Ineedaname9
06-02-2011, 10:05 PM
Thanks to Hetalia:

- I've come out to my friends as a history buff/dork...
- Get a power trip whenever I see a 'Russian Empire/Soviet Union' map
- Learned to hide my laughter, during my history class...most of the time...
- Can now identify more flags.
- Meet a bunch of wonderful people who've become good friends of mine
- Now answer to Russia
- No longer get mad when people mistake me for Russian or call me the axis of evil. (I'm Japanese German...)

XxChibiArtistxX
06-23-2011, 01:15 AM
Because of Hetalia~

- I'm actually proud to be Canadian (Even though I live in America)
- I Got curious about my heritage, found out that I was British too~!
- I Can name 90% of the countries on a map of Europe. Still workin' on naming the states though LOL
- I use '~' way too much
- Read my entire American History text book FOR FUN :U (we barely ever read it in class...)
- Money? What money? Hang on, my England wallet is underneath my half-finished Denmark cosplay and my hetalia mangas....Oh, it's empty. Shocker.
- Eurovision just got 1,000,000% funnier LOL
- I started writing fanfiction again! (Oooh that was an awful idea lol)
-I'm up at 1:14am writing this because there's no new Hetalia episode

Eyesabelle
06-24-2011, 11:20 AM
The only thing Hetalia did for me, guaranteed was attached some faces to things and help my mind visualize more.
Also help my notes in a class make more sense [Visual learner and note taking here, Not for writing a wall of text, Cornell-style] and also make my Prof write cute things on them after she collected them.
It didn't exactly change my life.

:| I don't like threads like these. Saying that you only love a country because of a comic book character seems wrong.

I'd just like to say I'm happy that Hetalia accentuates my life, instead of making it.

Firefly026
06-24-2011, 11:30 AM
The only thing Hetalia did for me, guaranteed was attached some faces to things and help my mind visualize more.
Also help my notes in a class make more sense [Visual learner and note taking here, Not for writing a wall of text, Cornell-style] and also make my Prof write cute things on them after she collected them.
It didn't exactly change my life.

:| I don't like threads like these. Saying that you only love a country because of a comic book character seems wrong.

I'd just like to say I'm happy that Hetalia accentuates my life, instead of making it.

That's all well and good for you, but not everyone's like you.
So what if someone likes a country more because of Hetalia? I think it's a good thing this show can get people interested in other countries, as well as ones own country.
And if you don't like these kinds of threads, there's a really easy way to avoid them.
Don't click on them (mind blowing concept, I know).

Gazizaty
07-04-2011, 06:15 AM
-Made friends with local fans and formed a cosplay group with them :D
-Actually bothered to learn about my own countries history (Malaysia)
-Acknowledged the existance of Sealand
-I feel I can tolerate ALOT more...and be less biased about certain things. I feel so ashamed I used to be like that... ;~; So, I understand cultural differences better, and have respect for it
-I can also tolerate history lessons, and enjoy it now! (a subject I use to loathed)
-I know some flags off by heart without mistaking them for another
-Use to hate it when people thought I was 'Chinese' or got some insulting comments about my ethnicity D;...but now, I can just brush it off me like dust~ Plus, I mainly cosplay China too, so it' all cool~
-Generally, Hetalia brings alot of happiness in my life :)

Thank you so much Himaruya-sensei!!! ^^

Gladepanther
07-21-2011, 06:31 PM
Thanks to Hetalia I:

-Made a bunch of new friends and am part of a London Hetalia cosplaying group: the HetaDons!
-Got me back into going to cons and cosplaying in general.
-Found a new favourite anime <3
-Re-sparked my interest in anime and manga in general as it was sorta being replaced by games.
-I know sooo many flags that I didn't know before!
-Acknowledge Sealand as a country, and in turn actually found out Sealand existed in the first place. ^^;

ChariChan
07-21-2011, 07:38 PM
Because of Hetalia:

- I discovered that Sealand is a country, and I now have a desire to become a Lady of Sealand.
- I've become much more aware of world history, which sucks because I just finished taking AP World History and this show would have been a huge help (my teacher was horrible...).
- I can easily identify a great deal of flags now
- I now have a huge desire to go to Europe and just tour around all of the countries there.
- I now have a way to prove how awesome Denmark is (I did a project in one of my classes about Denmark and nobody believed me when I told them that the country is awesome...until now!)

smileyanimeface
07-24-2011, 09:50 AM
because of hetalia I've ...

-decided to take on translating as a career (when i finish school)
-passed 3 subjects that i have failed for the past 2 years in school
-known there was a difference between America and Mexico
-relised that Australia is a content
-never wanted to cosplay more charters from one series (ima cosplay about 5)
-spent so much money
-wanted to fandub songs from it
-watched a whole anime in a day
-seemed so smart when i start talking about Prussia
-learnt that prussia once existed
-argued with a teacher
-bought something off ebay >.>
- read soo much dojin
-leant i ethicly hate myself (long story)
- become one with mother russia :D
-and my drawings im proved

and am i the only one who already knew the existence of sea land ???

MothMask
07-26-2011, 09:26 AM
Thanks to Hetalia,

I now know that Sealand, Belarus, Latvia, Estonia, Lithuania, Seychelles, Monaco, Liechtenstein, and several other non-Hetalia countries exist (I feel pathetic now ;_;)
I could tell you the general locations of several tiny, obscure European countries.
I have become more interested in languages.
Out of my six AMVs, at least two of them involve the concept of peace.
I now have a list of places I want to visit in other countries.
I now have a reason to learn more about geography and politics.
I'm not bored~!

FallofIcarus
07-26-2011, 09:42 AM
-learned that painting mt fuji red was actually a LEGITIMATE idea. And I shake my head at this.
-have a newfound love for Italy. And pasta.
-want to help make Sealand a country too! They have a big heart!

skythefairae
07-27-2011, 03:45 AM
Thanks to Hetalia:

-I learned about Sealand, like everybody else.
-I'm more interested in learning foreign languages, like Italian, Russian and French.
-I fangirl over Canadian stuff.
-I learned more about history, like all the different wars.
-I realize just how much italian and fast food I eat.
-I learned about flag etiquette.

Aliceneko-chan
07-27-2011, 04:18 AM
Thanks to Hetalia...
-I have made more friends.
-I got closer to my current friends.
-I learn that Prussia used to exist as a country.
-I ended up researching about my background.
-I can hold conversations about world history longer.

Jiseru
08-01-2011, 04:46 AM
-past college history
-understand history
-i love history i used to hate it -__-; (why didn't i know about hetalia in high school ??)
-i now celebrate hetalia day/united nations day
-laugh my ass off or get extremely depressed when i watching a history documentary
-i will never look at history the same way again
-made new friends
-i celebrate hug a prussian day xP

KnightJeran
08-03-2011, 10:36 PM
I could say things like "i like history more" and "more friends" and what not... but the first thing that pops into my head is...

"All thanks to Hetalia, I can't listen to the BBC without imagining England reading it."

Royalbakaness
11-08-2011, 05:41 PM
-Have a reason to practice/use various accents
-Giggle when I see a world map
-Blame England when people say things about America's bad manners (child abandonment!)
-Refer to countries as family members in relation to each other (i.e. Canada is America's brother)
-Can actually remember historical facts

Convulsive
11-14-2011, 10:19 PM
Hetalia helped me today in class when we were learning about the French Revolution, it also helps me remember places on maps, and just history all together.
Thanks to Hetalia now I refer to the countries as people in class, (ie; when X battled Y did he blah?) but most people understand because I told them about the show and I have a hetalia tee shirt.
Thanks to Hetalia, I was the only person who knew what Prussia was when we began our German State unit. I also was the only person who knew what Lechteinstein was and how to pronounce it!
Thanks to Hetalia I now can do a better Russian and German accent (for the lulz at school)
Thanks to Hetalia my music choices have even a wider array of languages.

SoulsinAshes
11-20-2011, 12:12 AM
-Sealand.
-I was introduced to different groups of countries and which ones were in them. I can actually name quite a few members of the Soviet Union.
-Belarus, Liechtenstein, Estonia, Latvia, Prussia, etc. are all countries. (I think I managed to impress my MathCounts teacher with my knowledge of Soviet Union countries. ouo)
-...I am never able to see a world map without looking for Sealand, South Italy, and Prussia. (and then raging because THEY'RE NOT THERE)
-I have to hold back laughter when someone mentions two (or more) countries in a non-war situation.
-Yaoi and yuri. This show got me into them.
-I know what accents belong to which country and can even replicate them. (...to an extent)
-I want to learn foreign languages. Like, way too many.
-I have, like, five new (...unique) laughs now that I can pull out at any given moment.
-I keep a cardboard mustache in my pencil bag.
-I squee mentally when I see someone with a Hetalia icon.
-I wear a Flying Mint Bunny necklace every day.
-My cosplay list got infinitely larger. (BUT I DON'T HAVE THE SKILLS TO SEW HALF OF IT WHY ARE THINGS SO COMPLICATED D: )
-I call my friend France and another friend Ita-chan/Italy. In return, my Ita-chan calls me Poland. (MY FRANCE GETS IT AND SO DOES MY ITALY. My France even acts like real France. ouo)
-I am seriously waiting for world history.
-I have another reason to be excited for January. (WORLD SERIES DUB. YES.)
-I can fill up a post this size filled with Hetalia references and lessons I've learned. From Hetalia.

Tofu Delivery
12-10-2011, 04:40 PM
Thanks to Hetalia:

-I have more interest in other countries

-Want to try foods in Australia as well as Russia

-Have more tolerance for people

-found a pairing that I can't stop liking (Russiamerica.)

-Improved my writing skills.

Tatsu-chan
12-10-2011, 06:14 PM
-found a pairing that I can't stop liking (Russiamerica.)

DUDE! I swear I'm the only one of my friends who like Russiamerica TT.TT

JinxxDraconett
12-17-2011, 07:35 PM
Because of Hetalia: My life has meaning.

SA2R
12-19-2011, 12:05 AM
Thanks to Hetalia:

-I have made a whole truck load of wonderful friends <3
-I am able to retain facts about history easier.
-I have interests in many more places around the globe.
-Can now match up countries with their flags 8DV

petrichoreka
01-02-2012, 02:28 AM
Hetalia has introduced to alot of friends and the amazing life of a cosplayer. I just can't seem to stop. Hetalia has also beem my muse for fun videos I make online.

Shadow of Heart
01-05-2012, 09:18 PM
Thanks to Hetalia I have:

- Outsmarted my History Class. (Seriously.)
- History class is more interesting/amusing.
- Made a whole bunch of awesome friends.
- Felt inspired that practicing drawing and improving your art helps make you a better artist in the end. (Just look at how much Himaruya's artwork changed overtime.)
- Gained a better knowledge about Hong Kong by wanting to research the territory.^^
- learned what a lot of other country's flags look like. XD
- Now want to travel to different sections of the world I have not seen yet.
- Started a rare pairing that I just love. >w< (Hong Kong x Japan.)
- Learned that a fanbase can take the strangest things to an extreme level.

thedollysmama
01-05-2012, 10:10 PM
Thanks to Hetalia I am doing a freakin' panel at a convention! Yikes!'

Karen the Gimp

crazdpastry
01-13-2012, 03:30 PM
Thanks to Hetalia-

-I've actually gotten interested in sewing and cosplay
-I've made a lot of friends
-I have learned a lot more stereotypes and laughed at how ridiculous they are
-Laughed Extremely hard at that episode of Monty Python's Flying Circus about the Army Recruitment (England's uniform all the way)
-Military uniforms. Enough said.
-I can now recognize more flags
-Despaired at the fact that Prussia is mentioned in my history book a total of 1 time
-Can't get my little brother to stop calling me "Germany" in an Italian accent -.-
-History class is more interesting when thinking of cartoon characters instead of landmasses
-Told my friend, "It's impossible to HATE one of the characters, they're all awesome, and have all done really cool and really crappy things. But you can't blame the countries themselves. Love the country. Hate the idiots that give it a bad reputation."
-Won a Hetalia T-shirt at a friend's party for an impromptu "12 days Of Christmas" Skit. Wasn't a song so much as a 9 minute argument over Christmas presents with my anime club's resident England and Belarus (I was *vaguely* Germany for the party)
-Learned that Scotland's national animal is a Unicorn. And England's is a Lion.

CherryFeather
01-26-2012, 05:13 PM
Hmm...
- Thanks to Hetalia, my accent changes at any given moment without wanting to
- When I try to do the accent for one country, I do a different one by mistake, because I'm bad with accents (but getting better!)
- Every time a country is mentioned I smile to myself
- I have never been more proud to be English!
- I will have the tomato song stuck in my head FOREVER.
- When a girl in my class announced that Vancouver was an American state I had to stop myself from saying 'But, I'm Canada!!'
- I decide which country any random person walking by me is by looking at what they're wearing and their hair etc.

Gumi~Chan
03-01-2012, 12:10 PM
*I randomly break into a british accent
*crack up when I see sewing machines made in West Germany and Guns made in Italy.
*Drink tea and eat english muffins for breakfast.
*scream PASTA randomly
*whenever I pass a my little pony I think Maybe Germany secretly has one....
*Whenever there's no root BEER at a restaurant I get iced TEA. XD
*Laugh like a maniac whenever I see something with a british flag.
*Laugh like a maniac at the looks on people's faces when I do these things.:rofl:

AwsomePrussia
03-05-2012, 05:59 PM
Thanks to hetalia...

- I laugh everytime someone says anything to do with the Countrys of the world
- Love history
- I now know most of the flags
- I always say America would be proud everytime I eat a cheeseburger

kankuro876
03-11-2012, 02:34 PM
Thanks to Hetalia. . .

*Learnt about Prussia
*Learnt about Sealand
*Reason why i cosplay
*More interested in history (i got in trouble once for giggling in histroy class)
*Interested in languages
*Leant to sew :3

leopardair
03-11-2012, 03:04 PM
- got weird looks in history for knowing all about ww1 and 2 and the axis + allies
- got compared to all the tall blonde people in hetalia
- joined the army :) juniors division so im a cadet basically
- continuing to learn German, beginning Russian and Italian haha random
- planning to visit my German relatives

haha hetalia just makes me laugh and every time in history they say something like AMERICA ALWAYS HAD A PLAN i would sometimes quote iggy :P everyone would think im weird except my best friend who where the ones who gave me the dvds in the first place!!!
also my dad, Gro▀mutter und gro▀vater are happy i have taken an interest in the family haha

kosakuitaly
04-05-2012, 11:09 PM
Thanks to Hetalia
-Proud to be an American
-Refers' Country as He or She not it XD
-Know more Flags
-Get weird looks from my teacher when we learn about stuff
-new friends
-hate Hetalia yaoi even more XD (what?)
-Cannot see "Canada" and refers him as a "hat"

shorai_keisho7
04-08-2012, 11:49 AM
Thanks to Hetalia:
- whenever we have pasta I yell "PASTAAA!!!"
- am now extremely interested in history
- can't hear the name of a country without thinking about the character
- can't stop talking in accents
- can now tell what type of foriegn music songs are from
- and fangirled over my sister's history book (1st grade) when she started learning about greek mythology.

Fiddlesticks
04-14-2012, 09:55 AM
Thanks to Hetalia:
- I have a huge interest in world history. I mean, I always liked it, but now I can lose myself in it for hours.
- I despair at the history curriculum being taught at my school. (The 1930's Ashes, guys? Seriously? When you haven't even mentioned the Holocaust once?)
- I can place every single country on a map. This is perhaps one of the greatest accomplishments of my life so far.
- I'm cosplaying for the first time.
- My writing has improved massively (I love you, fanfiction).
- I'm way more interested in international affairs and do Model United Nations conferences (last year I was on the Germany team, this year I'm Saudi Arabia).
- I've actually learnt a lot of Japanese vocabulary, mainly from the character songs. ("So class, migi and hidari-" "ARE RIGHT AND LEFT O_O" "..Yes. Yes, they are. Well done.")
- I have a squillion metric tons of fangirlishness that I've locked away inside me because none of my friends care that much about Hetalia. Someday it'll blow, and that day ain't gonna be pretty...
- I'm going on a year-long cultural exchange to France in a few months' time and I couldn't be more excited.

Gumi~Chan
04-14-2012, 12:48 PM
Thanks to Hetalia! I have-

*Geeked over pasta
*Now mastered Italian, British, German and Prussia's accent. (I can't do his laugh though...)
*Laughed whenever I see something's made in Germany. (So far- Sewing Machines, Cake and pingpong talbes) and on a show a gun was made in Italy......
*Thought of Romano whenever I see a tomato.
*Whenever someone says 'magic' I think of england's magical friends.
*Giggled whenever I see a flag on something (etc- British flag on a notebook)

DeathOfSoul
04-30-2012, 11:10 AM
-Got me more interested in history.
-Found out about Sealand and the face that Prussia was a real place. (Yeah, never talked about Prussia in History that I recall.)
-I've met some interesting people.
-I also see the world map a whole lot different now.

That's about it that wasn't normal before XD Though I'm sure I'm going to go through this thread and find things I didn't even think about.

Royalbakaness
04-30-2012, 02:58 PM
...my fish are all named after countries.