View Full Version : MGS4 Raiden for Fanime 2011
03-21-2011, 12:33 AM
Rather than spamming up the main thread with WIPs, I figured I'd keep my posts a little more organized by posting my progress here. Here's the head camo thus far:
- Cleaned up edges of the visor
- Masked off and drew barcode and logo on visor using whiteout pen
- Used scrap plastic from the fishbowl to make the skeletal teeth section.
Other progress not pictured:
- HF Blade is prepped for paint
- Belt made from luggage strap from Daiso, a local store chain that specializes in imported Japanese products, most for under $2!
- Knife sheath that goes on his lower right leg is also finished, using two small luggage straps and an attachment for a toolbelt.
03-23-2011, 02:02 AM
High Frequency blade. Made with a wooden yardstick, foamcore, masking tape, black foam grip liner, and spraypaint. Not pictured, but now edged with super-shiny aluminum tape. All the rigidity of wood, but still thin :D
04-03-2011, 03:57 PM
- Found a deal at a sports store that was having a spring clearance, $20 for both a compression top and bottom :D
- Bought black leotard from dance store, $30
- Bought white gloves from daiso, $3
- Put 1/4 inch eyelets into the leotard
- Cut tan foam sheets for chest pieces and gloves
- You can also see the knife sheath on my lower right leg, in the reflection in the mirror
04-12-2011, 01:36 AM
Was out of town for a week competing in a winter guard competition (dance + spinning rifle/flag/sabre), and I returned today to find my wig had arrived. Will need to maybe thin it out and further style it, but here's a test fit with the head camo.
04-16-2011, 10:38 PM
- Added tan armor to the arms of the top, detailed with washers
- Added armor along backbone
- Bought a few black pouches that I added to the belt. 3 pouches for $6
- Bought a sidearm holster from the surplus store for $12. Bought velcro strapping for $6 to attach the holster to my thigh, will add a 2nd strap later
05-28-2011, 02:10 AM
Finally done! Woot! Most of this was done in the last few days; talk about procrastination :P
Since last update (4/16):
- Added silver and tan details to the side of the torso
- Added lines to the white areas to convey muscle fibers of the exoskeleton
-Added tan armor to leggings and swim shoes, as well as detail work to all armor plates
- Added 2nd strap to gun holster
- Took another fishbowl (like the visor) and cut the shoulder plates.
- Made a sheath for the HF blade