PDA

View Full Version : Hetalia Axis Powers (Chibitalia)- Holy Roman Empire Help!

KittyAngel
03-21-2011, 01:09 PM
Okay, I've decided to go on and create a Holy Roman Empire cosplay for this upcoming cosplay contest/anime event at my local mall at the FYE store. I've managed to complete the cape and it looks totally awsome:bigtu:

Now, I have 2 questions:

1. I'm kind of debating whether to go by the Hetalia Axis Powers card version of HRE or by the anime version of HRE. Here's the card version:

Here's the anime version:

Just by comparing, which would be best to go by in terms of color? I'm asking this because I have a huge (like possibly 5 yrds, which use to be 7 yrds before I did the cape;)) amount of black cotton fabric that would save me some serious amount of cash as far as purchasing fabric is concerned. Should I make everything black or should I use the dark grey color like the anime version?

2. Do you think that a Lutwig/Germany wig could work for HRE. I'll shop around for boots, but at the same time, where would be a good place to find no heel boots for cheap?

Thanks so much:D

Axelai
03-21-2011, 01:33 PM
Black should work out just fine for it.

And I think a Germany wig should also work just fine ^^

For finding boots... I usually scan eBay's depths XD

KittyAngel
03-21-2011, 02:36 PM
Black should work out just fine for it.

And I think a Germany wig should also work just fine ^^

For finding boots... I usually scan eBay's depths XD

*gasp* Thanks so much:bigtu: Talk about a huge money saver for me. You don't have any idea how much of a headache you saved me from. Again, thanks so much^o^

Anmanda
03-21-2011, 02:39 PM
You could also try to check out some thrift stores for the boots, sometimes they have really awesome stuff at those places :3

KittyAngel
03-22-2011, 05:51 PM
Thanks Anmanda^^

Anyway, it turns out that I'm not going to get any type of wig because of the shipping timeline. This event is on April 3rd and there's no way any wig would be able to get to me on time (even it's a good wig or not, there's no way:(.) So I decided just to create fake side burns for HRE. I've thought about some sculpty clay or Model Magic with some sort of adhesive to put on my skin.

1. What type of adhesive will work for skin without hurting yourself when you take it off?
2. Does anyone else have any other suggestions for fake sideburns for my HRE?

Thanks so much:bigtu:

Axelai
03-22-2011, 10:32 PM
Thanks Anmanda^^

Anyway, it turns out that I'm not going to get any type of wig because of the shipping timeline. This event is on April 3rd and there's no way any wig would be able to get to me on time (even it's a good wig or not, there's no way:(.) So I decided just to create fake side burns for HRE. I've thought about some sculpty clay or Model Magic with some sort of adhesive to put on my skin.

1. What type of adhesive will work for skin without hurting yourself when you take it off?
2. Does anyone else have any other suggestions for fake sideburns for my HRE?

Thanks so much:bigtu:

1. Spirit Gum adhesive is amazing. You can find it at costume stores, and get a remover for it.
2. Sculpty...? Couldn't that look... weird? Just go to a costume store and get fake sideburns from there, and paint em blonde or something. Since that'd look really weird to have giant clay sideburns XD;;