PDA

View Full Version : Vahs's costume!!!

Legato/Machan
05-30-2002, 04:22 PM
Hi guys!!!!
I was sewing my Legato's costume when I rememberd that I need to make the Vash too.
Does anyone here know what kind of fabric (is that right?) should I use for his red coach?
I'm so happy, I've just finished the Vash and Legato guns too.

well ... kisses for the girls and hugs for the boys

Legato/Machan

Tenshi
05-30-2002, 10:15 PM
I would think leather or vinyl. That's what I've seen most Vash cosplayers in.

Mei Lan Chang
05-30-2002, 10:16 PM
Leather (which can be pricy, very pricy) or vinyel. Tenshi has the right idea.

Legato/Machan
05-31-2002, 08:08 AM
Well I've just checked out the price of vinyl and I have to ask ... Is 7bukc per meter a good deal? Cause for me it's kinda espensive, but I found some leather's imitation for about 4~9 bucks, is that a good deal too?

tristasusen
08-24-2003, 10:52 PM
if u ask me i dont think vash's coat is leather cause in the show it get ripped real easy. i think its a tough red fabric. thats what i bought and it look much more realistic than the ones made out of leather. and some imtimations of leather can be to shinny

HaloNoir
08-25-2003, 03:24 AM
I make them out of poplin or vinyl. The poplin you don't have to worry about tearing as easily if it gets snagged on something and it is easier to sew than vinyl. The vinyl does have a very nice sleek look to it though which is a bonus. I say go with whatever your sewing skills and budget will allow you to make.

I can say that from watching Vash in the anime that I'm pretty sure his coat is made from a woven material since it is rather matte and you don't see it colored with any sort of reflectiveness... there is only shadow. The action figures definitely give a vinyl/leather look to him though. I couldn't say what the manga looks like because I haven't read it. ^_^

Allia
08-25-2003, 10:00 AM
Well if you think the price is too high for the fabric, then go to JoAnn's when you get the 50% off coupon from the sunday adds and use it on your purchase. That is all I can think about how to reduce the price. Places sometimes have sales but not often and not that drastic.

Koumori
08-25-2003, 10:05 AM
Based on the way it moves in the anime, I really don't think it's leather. The best approximation I can come up with for a fabric that moves and drapes like that, of that approximate weight, is wool or heavy linen. (Though where you'd grow flax or feed sheep on a desert planet, I don't know.)