PDA

View Full Version : grrr!!! wig cap problems

heki-chan
10-28-2003, 10:45 PM
i need some help! GAH!!! if anyone has any insight, i'd REALLY appreciate it ^_^ thankies in advance. HEre's my issue:

I found the perfect wig for my next costume. BUT when it arrived in the mail, the wig cap is SOOO bloody small. Seems like its made for a child or something^_^;;

and nooo i dunt hav an overly large head^_^ ive had wigs before, but this wig is...omfg. TINY.

But i dunt want to return it, simply based on the fact that its THAT perfect.

So i was wondering if there are any techniques in fixing the wig so that it will fit.

A friend of mine makes her own wigs by sewing the hair to a swimcap. I dunno if that will work for this one....

Please help!

Gren
10-28-2003, 11:37 PM
So... the wig itself is too small for your head?

heki-chan
10-29-2003, 01:42 AM
yep. its really weird.

u know how when a wig fits good, it hides all ur hair and is quite snug?

This one isnt snug at. all. super loose. and dusnt even cover my hairline! :(

halp...

Sarcasm-hime
10-29-2003, 12:39 PM
Maybe you could part the wefts at the back, or somewhere inconspicuous, and make a slit in order to create more room. You may need a couple of slits. Then sew some stretchy fabric or lace into the slits, and if you need to, get some loose hair and sew it into the new areas so you don't have empty spots.

I've never tried this, but that's just what I can think of right now.

Actually, it occurs to me that you might have ordered a 3/4 fall by mistake, thinking it was a full wig. That might explain the sizing problem--3/4 falls are add-ons meant to sit behind your hairline (usually with a headband to cover the join)--they're usually used to make it look like you have longer hair while still showing your natural hairline. They're not full wigs--so that may be what you got.

KaraokeKate
10-29-2003, 07:52 PM
Yeah, I'm kinda wondering the same thing Sarcasm-Hime is... could you post a picture of the wig?

heki-chan
11-01-2003, 06:15 PM
sure :) i think its a full wig tho. heres the picture of it :)

http://i24.ebayimg.com/03/i/00/be/59/de_1.JPG

thanks in advance :)

KaraokeKate
11-03-2003, 01:58 AM
That is a full wig, but if that is the ebay picture, and not one you just took, it's possible they sent you a child-sized wig instead. o_0'

heki-chan
11-03-2003, 11:02 AM
mmhmm :( thats what im thinking too.....

even so...the bangs on the wig are SOOO perfect for Rakusu X_X; id still like to try to fix it ^_^;