PDA

View Full Version : Wig Site Reviews: The Five Wits

Gypsyangelf4i
03-24-2011, 08:37 PM
OK did a search and couldn't even locate a "where to buy wigs" thread, so if there is one. I'm sorry...I tried. Also, Now, let me say, I did look here for a wig first and could not find a long black wig with long bangs that would work....atleast there wasn't one listed at the time.

But anyway, just wanted to give a Woot to The Five Wits
http://thefivewits.net/cosplay-wigs/

I recently purchased a wig from them for my Ling Yao cosplay. You'll likely pay about $20 more than if you bought from an Ebay seller, but it's so worth it. First, they're located in Pennsylvania...yes,that's IN the U.S. Second, I purchased my wig late Friday....by Monday I had a tracking number and my wig was on it's way. Here it is Thursday...of the same week, and , oh look, there's my wig. Too awesome! No waiting a month with hazy shipping from China.

OK, onto to quality. Overall I give the a solid B+ on quality.The materials they use are superb and For my purposes, this wig will work perfect, but it would need extra wefting in the top just above the bangs and in the back if you wanted to do an up-do. But those are really the only places where I found it thin. And mind you, it's ONLY thin if you pull the hair up, with it laying normal, you can't see the wefts at all. They even take the wefts all the way to the edge and even under the elastic, so it does a great job of hiding the elastic when you're wearing it. I can even pull it back into a low pony tail without showing anything. They also went through the trouble of making the "baby hair" along the back neckline. It tightens with the basic hook and loop adjuster found on most wigs. I can't wait to style and wear this wig with my cosplay!

Note: It appears that they do offer thicker wigs that are pre styled so this may just be normal for the style I chose.
OK pics:
This is the wig I bought called Dark and Stormy Night:
http://thefivewits.net/2010/06/a-dark-and-stormy-knight/

On the stand:
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x207/gypsyangelf4i/Cosplay%20Misc/2011-03-24_19-13-16_537.jpg?t=1301012529

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x207/gypsyangelf4i/Cosplay%20Misc/2011-03-24_19-17-17_859.jpg?t=1301012529

Underneath:
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x207/gypsyangelf4i/Cosplay%20Misc/2011-03-24_19-12-01_955.jpg?t=1301012529

Here I'm pulling up the ear tab so you can see the hair wefted underneath it. Too cool:
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x207/gypsyangelf4i/Cosplay%20Misc/2011-03-24_19-15-29_646.jpg?t=1301012529

Here I have the wig pulled up into a "high" ponytail so you can see the baby hair along the bottom and the thinner wefting underneath:
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x207/gypsyangelf4i/Cosplay%20Misc/2011-03-24_19-14-55_815.jpg?t=1301012529]

And here I'm parting the hair just above the bangs to show the thinner wefting here:
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x207/gypsyangelf4i/Cosplay%20Misc/2011-03-24_19-25-40_4.jpg?t=1301012529

And without the hair parted,the wefts are completely hidden:
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x207/gypsyangelf4i/Cosplay%20Misc/2011-03-24_19-25-49_771.jpg?t=1301012551

Now for the fun part....wearing it (I still have to cut and style the bangs, so don't spaz):

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x207/gypsyangelf4i/Cosplay%20Misc/2011-03-24_19-07-45_960.jpg?t=1301012529

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x207/gypsyangelf4i/Cosplay%20Misc/2011-03-24_19-11-02_541.jpg?t=1301012529

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x207/gypsyangelf4i/Cosplay%20Misc/2011-03-24_19-10-13_717.jpg?t=1301012529

KnightJeran
03-24-2011, 09:25 PM
Glad you're happy with their products!

My friend also purchased from TheFiveWits! They're such an A+ group. She ordered the Sad Fluff Apocalypse aka Chrona from Soul Eater. It looked too good to be true. But OH MY GOD. It came out of the package already PERFECT. It looks just like the picture.

WARPAINTandUnicorns
03-25-2011, 09:32 AM
I ordered an Action Iced Demon Slayer from them but it didn't fit my head. T-T Great quality though.

TentenJen
03-25-2011, 09:29 PM
Oh, they're located in PA? No wonder I saw them at Zenkaikon!

I bought a wig from them last week that is really nice quality. It's a high-ponytail wig with an extension in case you want the ponytail a bit longer. I think it was $35, and I don't consider that very expensive.

The one downfall is that it's a bit small for my head. I went back to them the day after I bought it, and all they could do was tell me to make sure my hair is kept as flat against my head as possible. Personally, I'm going to turn some of the extension that came with it into wefts to add to the back of it so that you can't see my hair or wig cap sticking out.

LockedxxHeart
03-27-2011, 02:46 PM
I am a huge fan of The Five Wits. They are my first stop for cosplays wigs, as they are such an amazing group.
I am the proud owner of three of their wigs: Audio Cherry Bubble Punch (for a Sakura Haruno cosplay), Ultra Pepperoni Shojo Blast (for a C.C. cosplay), and Yosh! Princely Hero Type (for an England cosplay), and all have been SUPERB.
Also, a friend of mine is on their website. If you go to the wig "Idealist Athlete Spin Kick", you can see one of my best friends. Oh! And the white shoulder is me xP. After you buy a wig at a con, they will usually ask if you'd like to be on their website. So nice!
The first two were purchased at cons, so I didn't have to deal with shipping. But I bought my England wig around Christmas time, and it came to me about two or three days after! And they even included these lovely hand-made charms as a thank you for Christmas!
I find the quality to be excellent, especially on long wigs. My C.C. wig did not become a ball of frizz and tangles after the con like my first wig did, and I detanlged it with ease, and it's ready for it's next con!
I highly reccomend them, they are a lovely group of sellers. Plus it's nice to support American sellers as well ^^

Gypsyangelf4i
03-27-2011, 04:08 PM
Plus it's nice to support American sellers as well ^^

A++++ to that!!

As for size, maybe it's different with each of their wigs. I found the size to be the same as my Edward wig and looks about the same as most other wigs I saw. Not sure, I have limited experience with wigs.

Ludger03
03-28-2011, 10:58 AM
I had one great experience with those guys. I order an Ichigo wig Known as Strawberry Neko Bankai Crush wig for my brother and people at the last convention we went to, love it. So Im like eager to buy there Quincy Sparkle Glasses Flash wig next time I saved moneY. That way I don't have to cut my hair ever so often :)

Blood_Sword
04-04-2011, 09:20 AM
I had one great experience with those guys. I order an Ichigo wig Known as Strawberry Neko Bankai Crush wig for my brother and people at the last convention we went to, love it. So Im like eager to buy there Quincy Sparkle Glasses Flash wig next time I saved moneY. That way I don't have to cut my hair ever so often :)
I have also ordered the Ichigo wig from them, I am very happy with it. :D (Ichigo cosplay in my profile if anyone is interested, example pics also found on their site!)
Definiately going to order from them in the future too!

Gypsyangelf4i
04-04-2011, 12:24 PM
BTW: They just posted up a bunch of new wigs. :D

CyberCandy
04-04-2011, 10:47 PM
I can't believe I never heard of this store ^.^
I think I may buy the Action Iced Demon Slayer wig when I get ready to do my Allen cosplay 8D
I like the shirts too ^.^

Ludger03
04-05-2011, 12:36 PM
I have also ordered the Ichigo wig from them, I am very happy with it. :D (Ichigo cosplay in my profile if anyone is interested, example pics also found on their site!)
Definiately going to order from them in the future too!

Yeah No kidding. I have bought other wigs in the past from other website and total fail. This one was good and not expensive either.

Hydraskylar
04-10-2011, 12:12 AM
cool, such good reviews. I'm saving for their Ciel-Phantom wig if anyone wants to do a review :)

ImNewHere
04-11-2011, 07:48 AM
I have 5 wigs from them and I've been very happy with them so far.

LunaBell87
04-12-2011, 07:54 PM
Just bought the last Stocking wig from there since the one I got from Moemall turned out to be horrible quality.

Can't wait to get it, happy there are good reviews for this place.

Electrogirl
04-13-2011, 11:49 PM
My experience with China based cosplay-wigs was positive, but it's nice to see a small American based wig seller. :) I've been looking to purchase the "Yosh! Princely Hero Type" for my Tamaki and Eiri Yuki cosplays.. but was wondering about the color. Im interested in more of a natural blonde, not gold.. so I hope that the color is what Im searching for when I place my order. I JUST received a blonde Twiggy from the awesome Kayla on here but was not impressed with the quality. Good thing I bought it a bit cheaper, I guess. LockedxxHeart, your Arthur wig looks great, btw! :)

LockedxxHeart
04-14-2011, 03:42 PM
My experience with China based cosplay-wigs was positive, but it's nice to see a small American based wig seller. :) I've been looking to purchase the "Yosh! Princely Hero Type" for my Tamaki and Eiri Yuki cosplays.. but was wondering about the color. Im interested in more of a natural blonde, not gold.. so I hope that the color is what Im searching for when I place my order. I JUST received a blonde Twiggy from the awesome Kayla on here but was not impressed with the quality. Good thing I bought it a bit cheaper, I guess. LockedxxHeart, your Arthur wig looks great, btw! :)

Thank you so much!
I definitely reccomend this wig for a Tamaki cosplay. It's the right shade of blonde, pretty easy to put on, and it was incredibly easy for me to style for my England cosplay. Plus the price for the quality was a steal!
And believe me, this wig is far from gold. I do think it could pass as a natural color (if you have platinum blonde hair), but I absolutely adore the color. I think it'd work quite nicely for your Tamaki cosplay.

If you have any more questions on this wig feel free to let me know, since I own it and have for...five months? Eh, whatever xD!

Electrogirl
04-15-2011, 03:12 PM
Okay! How are the fibers? The Twiggy literally feels like a broom. I don't like it at all.. ): So I'm definitely saving up for a new wig.

Gypsyangelf4i
04-15-2011, 03:55 PM
My wig was super soft and easy to detangle.

FluffyCoatIzaya
04-15-2011, 08:44 PM
Gypsyangelf4i- you said your wig shipped pretty quick to you. If i ordered a wig from them today or tomorrow would i receive it by the 21st of this month. ?

LockedxxHeart
04-15-2011, 10:40 PM
Okay! How are the fibers? The Twiggy literally feels like a broom. I don't like it at all.. ): So I'm definitely saving up for a new wig.

So soft! It feels like I am petting a kitty! All of my wigs are so soft, and they style beautifully.
And like Gypsy said, very easy to detangle for long wigs. I can detangle my C.C. wig easily!

FluffyCoatIzaya
04-20-2011, 06:05 PM
Name of Commissioner: The Five Wits
Website/C.com gallery :http://thefivewits.net/
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Ichimaru Gin Wig from bleach
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: i havent taken pictures of it yet so heres a link to its picture on the website
http://thefivewits.net/2011/03/pale-creeper-extendable-smile/
Timeline (how long your order took to process): order saturday , it shipped out monday and i got it in the mail today the 20th.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.
Pros:
Omg the is a really beautiful color.
The wig cap resembles many of my other wigs
The fibers of the wig is soft i love it.
The color reminds me of tuti's from the musical
Really fast shipping
Really nice and understanding.

Con's:
None
Final Grade: A+

I really recommend them. ^^

Gypsyangelf4i
05-06-2011, 12:16 PM
Gypsyangelf4i- you said your wig shipped pretty quick to you. If i ordered a wig from them today or tomorrow would i receive it by the 21st of this month. ?

Sorry, saw this too late to reply. But for future reference YES, they offer express shipping (2-3 business days) for only $3 more.

Gypsyangelf4i
05-06-2011, 12:23 PM
BTW I have to brag on their customer service a bit. I just received a wig with a small defect (it happens rarely,no biggie) It wasn't anything that kept me from wearing the wig,but it would bother me in the long run.I wrote them about it and They responded immediately, apologized and dropped me another one in the mail today,after checking it for defects first of course, even before I can ship this one back. Now THAT's how you keep your customers happy. A+++++ I couldn't even imagine if this had happened with a Chinese wig company. Oh the nightmare of waiting 3 weeks for a wig only to have to send it back and then waiting another 3 weeks for the new one. XD

I have to say, I'll definitely continue ordering from them in the future. And don't let the idea of getting a dud wig from them deter you. If you order many wigs, it's only a matter of time before you'll get at least one with a small defect. I just hope your customer service experience is as good as mine when it does happen.

Ludger03
05-14-2011, 09:55 PM
I recommend a wig for a friend who will be my Kisuke Urahara so I know it be great. Just waiting for him to received it so I can see it myself.

AnimeViolinist
05-21-2011, 01:51 PM
Looking to buy their "Sharp Shooter Lady Hawk" and possibly "Super Master Genius Trainer" and/or "Fire Spinning Cross Tattoo" soon. I'll be sure to post a review. :) Really excited to buy from them.

Gypsyangelf4i
06-03-2011, 07:17 AM
ZOMG I just ordered yet another wig from The Five Wits. I got this one:

http://thefivewits.net/2010/06/giant-prop-sand-slam/

I ordered it for my Matt cosplay and I paid them a very little bit extra to trim the bangs. It is soooo awesome. The layers are perfect!! I'll have pics up after wearing it this weekend at SeishunCon.

BTW I have noticed that my long wig I ordered from them is a whole lot less tangly than my long wig from Ebay. Hmmmm :-/

AnimeViolinist
06-05-2011, 04:40 PM
So, I bought "Sharp Shooter Lady Hawk" And "Super Master Genius Trainer"
SSLH:
Really nice wig, just have to move the ponytail-thing down a bit, and it would be perfect with minimal styling to the bangs. However, it's... Exxtremely hard to get it to cover the back of my neck and the area around my ears without pulling it so far down that it begins to show the hair that's pinned on my forehead.Tips? Also, it looks pretty nice on the top, but all thrown together underneath and it has a lot of fly-aways that can't be fixed. ^^;

SMGT:
I absolutely looove this wig. It would work perfectly for L (Death Note) and/or Sasuke, since you can style it with just your fingers really easily. I ordered it for Sebastian, so it will take a bit of styling, but not too much. It came out of the package nearly perfect. :3

Also, I ordered them the Wednesday or Thursday before Memorial Day and I got them on Tuesday the next week. :)

Gypsyangelf4i
06-05-2011, 07:15 PM
So, I bought "Sharp Shooter Lady Hawk" And "Super Master Genius Trainer"
SSLH:
Really nice wig, just have to move the ponytail-thing down a bit, and it would be perfect with minimal styling to the bangs. However, it's... Exxtremely hard to get it to cover the back of my neck and the area around my ears without pulling it so far down that it begins to show the hair that's pinned on my forehead.Tips? Also, it looks pretty nice on the top, but all thrown together underneath and it has a lot of fly-aways that can't be fixed. ^^;

SMGT:
I absolutely looove this wig. It would work perfectly for L (Death Note) and/or Sasuke, since you can style it with just your fingers really easily. I ordered it for Sebastian, so it will take a bit of styling, but not too much. It came out of the package nearly perfect. :3

Also, I ordered them the Wednesday or Thursday before Memorial Day and I got them on Tuesday the next week. :)

Their wigs should be adjustable. If that doesn't work, try emailing them for some tips. They're always uber helpful and eager to please. Also the wefting is usually pretty stretchable, so maybe try pulling it down a bit more than you normally would in the back?? not sure really though...sorry.

As for that other wig...I know right!! That wig is so awesome!! I use it for my L and Sebastian. I love it soooo much:heart:

MercuryLampe
06-29-2011, 11:32 AM
Hey there, guys! Bumping this thread, because I'm about to order a wig from the Five Wits, and I was wondering about the shipping time. I'm in desperate need for this wig to arrive before the 14th of July (Harry Potter midnight premiere!), but I don't want to pay extra for express shipping. With the normal shipping, will it come in time? I'm so worried about the shipping time, but I think the wig looks perfect for my costume <3 I'm so happy that I found this website though, all of your reviews are so positive, plus it's a US-based shop, which is great :D So...oh! And one more thing...are their blonde wigs thick enough that they'll cover dark brown hair? I'm worried about that as well...My hair is very very short, so I can fit it all under the wig, but the last light colored wig I bought (not from TFW, thank goodness!) showed my hair underneath and it looked awful :(
Eheheh, sorry for my noob questions >___<;;

Gypsyangelf4i
06-29-2011, 01:28 PM
Dude, you're almost next door to The Five Wits (in PA). I live all the way in Georgia and without express shipping the wig still came in like a week. So if you order it now, you should have no worries. But FYI express was only like an extra. $3.

Also, I've never had a problem with their wigs concealing my hair. Just buy a light colored wig cap to go under it. Which is something you should be doing anyway. If still unsure, email them.

MercuryLampe
06-29-2011, 03:58 PM
Oh, wow! I'm no longer worried, hehe xD Thanks for the help! :)
I already have a light colored wig cap, so I should be fine then ^_^

Gypsyangelf4i
06-29-2011, 04:41 PM
NP and BTW they just announced they have a new overnight shipping available to the U.S., they said it's pricier,but probably worth it if you've ever had a last minute wig emergency. :p

AnimeViolinist
07-01-2011, 04:45 PM
Yeah, I have bright red hair (I dyed it :P), and using a wig cap- you can't see a thing as long as it's on properly and covering your hairline, etc. ^^

DingDing
07-03-2011, 03:36 AM
Thank you GypsyAngel and everyone else for making this thread, I am now totally comfortable with buying with them and probably will do for all my next cosplays.
I'm thinking of doing a Amane Ohtori cosplay from Strawberry Panic and the wig I found is like the exact colour and style! YAY!

AnimeViolinist
07-03-2011, 10:11 PM
I'm hoping to purchase another two wigs from them... Def. Fire Spinning Cross Tattoo (I think that's what it's called.) And the other... I'm not sure of. xD One of their short brown ones though~

luffyatemyfruit
07-04-2011, 03:09 PM
Has anyone bought the 'Cocky Commander General Snap' (http://thefivewits.net/2011/04/cocky-commander-general-snap/)? I'm thinking of purchasing it for a cosplay but I'm not so sure. I'm pretty sure the quality of their wigs are very good but how is this one?

han-pan
07-05-2011, 10:01 PM
I actually purchased a t-shirt from them, but I figure it's okay to post here.

They advertise their organic "geek t's" as being pre-shrunk cotton. So I was super excited that A: they had an XS, and B: it fit PERFECTLY!

But then, I brought it home and it shrunk in the dryer ; 3;
I commented on their site just as an FYI so they would be aware, not expecting anything from it, and they asked me to email them my address. They actually sent me a brand new t-shirt in size Small so it will fit! I'm so super pleased and astounded by that level of customer service and kindness <3

Gypsyangelf4i
07-25-2011, 09:23 PM
Just a heads up. The Five Wits posted on Face Book today that they are going to be moving. No wigs will be shipped from Aug 1st - Aug. 15th. They won't even have the "add to cart" buttons active on their site during this time. They did however, say that they would still be available to answer questions and emails.

touzoku
07-31-2011, 09:00 PM
I'm pretty much a newb as a cosplayer, and bought a wig from them at a con on a whim for a future cosplay, but I've got to say I got really lucky.

I bought the Ultra Pepperoni Shoujo-Blast for N Harmonia (they weren't selling Diabolical Undergarments Akuma Princess yet, which probably would have worked better) and was VERY pleased. With some curlers and hairspray, I was able to add the hairflips on the side and add some loose curls in the back easily. It runs a bit small though, especially underneath my hat, but luckily my head is small. I'm pretty sure you could get a similar style for cheaper, but since I bought it in person with no shipping costs, it was a good buy.

Though I was wondering if anyone bought or know of how Stupid Smexy Tomb Thief (http://thefivewits.net/2011/03/stupid-smexy-tomb-thief/) looks? I'm considering it for Yami Bakura, since it looks nicely pre-styled, but alas there's no front view of it on the website, so I'm a bit hesitant. (Plus it's always nice to get an outside opinion.)

naru chan
08-22-2011, 07:12 PM
i love the five wits wigs they are the best! i bought a teto wig from them at otakon and a white short wig(that i'm going to use for kawou) the only promblem i had with the wig was that on the teto wig if you look real close you could use that the wig was once blonde streaks but you could see the blonde streaks if you were looking at the wig real close. but other then that they are the best! even my mother bought a pink wig from them and it look so great! the cost of the wig was like 30 dollars and hey they are wigs that cost more and don't even tell you how you can use it again for aother cosplay! the five wits are great for any bught and if you look at the wig bags they have cute names like singing toast time.

KittyKendra
09-02-2011, 03:50 PM
Thanks for the review!

LostLittleWitch
09-04-2011, 01:50 AM
I bought "Caution! 1000 Sword Samurai" for my Witch costume, and it's PERFECT. If I ever need another wig, I'm definetely buying from these guys.

Bean Boop
09-17-2011, 08:07 PM
Wow! They really sound legit! Has anyone here bought the Stocking wig from them? I'm considering it, but I just want the color to be as accurate as possible. Because I'm obsessive like that. :o

Tonyu
09-19-2011, 10:35 AM
Has anyone ever used Motions Oil Sheen to detangle their Five Witts wig? I have their Yuuko/Mio wig and used Motions to detangle it a week ago and the spray still hasn't dried. I've never had this problem before on any other wig.

Gypsyangelf4i
09-19-2011, 01:44 PM
I haven't ever had this problem and use it often on all my longer wigs. But I do use it sparingly,just a light spritz. Perhaps you used too much? I'd wash the wig to rinse it all out. Also I use the aerosol, not the smaller "pump" version.

Tonyu
09-23-2011, 11:49 AM
I haven't ever had this problem and use it often on all my longer wigs. But I do use it sparingly,just a light spritz. Perhaps you used too much? I'd wash the wig to rinse it all out. Also I use the aerosol, not the smaller "pump" version.

Thank you, I washed the wig and as soon as it is dry I will try using less spray. : )

chibierwin
11-22-2011, 10:13 PM
I just recently bought my first wig from them at Anime USA this past weekend. I bought their "Goggle Star Boots Girl" wig and it's insanely nice!!! It's really soft and looks fantastic :3

Somethingducky
12-22-2011, 08:14 PM
Just purchased their "Purple Fox Eyebrow Tamer" and am very happy. This is my first real cosplay wig purchase. I ordered Monday 12/19 and just received today 12/22! Super fast! Now if I could just remember where my wig cap went...

KnightJeran
01-06-2012, 12:44 PM
What I bought: YOSH! Princely Hero Type (Shizuo and England)
How long I waited: Got it in a week.
Link to product: here (http://thefivewits.net/2010/06/yosh-princely-hero-type/)
Link to what I received: here (http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&global=1&q=knightjeran#/d4ibzs4)
Notes: Lovely layered wig in a lovely mixed light blonde, platinum blondish shade. I barely needed to cut it (only around the bangs), fits both Shizuo and England with minimal styling (all I did was mess it up a bit). The fibers are nice and soft and the wig is pretty darn full. I love it and it was TOTALLY worth the price of 30 bucks. I paid with money order, which is great that they accept those!!!
?/5: 5/5

Animegirl13
01-07-2012, 02:08 PM
Ugh, I wish I'd heard of this place before!! I've just seen their Temari wig, and my friend and I have just spent hours today cutting and styling the Chibi wig from Arda into a Temari wig!! Still, it's looking pretty good so far ^_^

XxChibiArtistxX
01-11-2012, 06:30 PM
Ahh I love them!! I bought their "Intergalactic Manly Fluff" from them at Connecticon, and I love it so much! :D The only bad thing I can say about it is the wefting on top is extremely thick, so much so that if I don't keep it on my wig head, it starts to look funny ^^; But other than that I love it to death and so far it's survived a few cons and a lot of beating XD

PutPutters
03-05-2012, 12:01 PM
Bought two wigs from them. :3 Both wigs were pretty good but they don't have much volume on the crown, which isn't good for me 'cause I have a really round, pudgy face. XD I received them very fast, maybe it's 'cause I live in PA. But I got them within a week or two. Very fast shipping.

Vocal Singing Genius Dancer wig (http://thefivewits.net/2011/07/vocal-genius-singing-dancer/)
FB album with my niece wearing the wig (bought it for her). http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.346126172069698.120785.100000169549657&type=3&l=7d6d2b15db
The Vocal Genius Singer Dancer wig was nice. The twin tails don't tangle badly and it's a very comfortable wig. Nice color, good feel (soft). But the back of the wig doesn't cover the hairs at the back of the neck well. Minus that, it's a pretty good wig.

Cocky Commander General Snap Wig (http://thefivewits.net/2011/04/cocky-commander-general-snap/)
My FB album (obviously the black wig is the subject) with the wig in various shots. http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.224349124247404.91404.100000169549657&type=3&l=6cf569309f
I completely tricked everyone with this when I spent a day in the wig. Everyone thought it was real. But it didn't feel like real hair to the touch (a rather plastic-y feel). It was comfortable to wear, but it kept slipping back when I was wearing a hat over it (for Abe Takaya from Oofuri). I'm pretty sure the hat wasn't that heavy, but I guess maybe some bobby pins would've helped to attach the wig to my wig cap or something. Doesn't really spike up that well. Maybe it's 'cause I used hairspray on it, but the texture of the wig completely changed. Before it was very fluffy and soft, but now it's just thick and hard. I don't use it anymore. XD

Jei-Cos
03-25-2012, 11:22 PM
i just bought the Manly Flowering Graceful Assassin wig:
http://thefivewits.net/2011/09/manly-flowering-graceful-assassin/

its a great wig. i was told that their wigs would be too small since my heads a little bigger then most wig sizes. but it actually fits perfectly on the first hooks. i love it to death. when i do my axel cosplay much later, i know where to buy lol

TMLiza
04-03-2012, 02:51 PM
Forgot to post here after I got my wig.

So, I bought the Chocolate Curls Cascade. Shipping wise it came to me in about a week. The wig itself was very nice and soft and it is easy to care for because since it is heat resistant I just throw my straightener against it and it helps remove the hardest tangles. The only bad thing I could say for it is that like most longer wigs it tends to tangle a lot after walking around while wearing it and the tangles are a bit difficult to take care of with just fingers but it is possible. I will definitely buy from them again in the future. ^_^

Oniigiri_Basket
06-02-2012, 03:11 PM
Bumpin' it up, y'all.

Anyway, reading this thread, it seems that their wigs can run a bit small, which makes me nervous. Does anyone know what their wigs measure?

FluffyCoatIzaya
06-03-2012, 01:51 PM
i bought the extendable smile/ ichimaru gin with from them and it fits me fine. i have a large head. But , i did here some of pony tail ones run small.

Moonsong
06-16-2012, 08:42 PM
Can anyone give me some advice? I was at AnimeNEXT this past weekend and purchased one of The Five Wits' wigs from their dealer's room booth. I later was rushing to put it on, but when I got it on, I was surprised at how dry it felt and it was a bit tangled already. I feel like I may have gotten someone's return or a sample. I don't want to throw it away, but attempting to detangle it hasn't worked very well despite using Motions Sheen Oil spray.

Is there anything they can do, considering I purchased it at-con and not from their website? :(

HareyuNanami
06-18-2012, 06:16 AM
I bought the Snow Falling Meteor wig
http://thefivewits.net/2010/06/heaven-snow-falling-meteor/

for my Ice Queen Cosplay from The Five Wits
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/389747/

and I have to say it is one of the most beautiful wigs I have purchased from any site. the fibers were soft to the touch, the fit was perfect, the colour was even better then the picture on the site!
I would definitely buy from them again.

Ludger03
06-18-2012, 11:43 PM
Is there anything they can do, considering I purchased it at-con and not from their website? :(

Try emailing them and explain your experience and also tell them you bought it at the con. Im sure they will help you with your problem.

I forgot to write this review.

What I bought: Pact Knight Timid Squirrel
How long I waited: Got it in 2-3 days.
Link to product: http://thefivewits.net/2012/03/pact-knight-timid-squirrel/
Link to what I received: http://yamibakura03.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4vm0ji
Notes:
I was looking around for a wig to make this particular style but didn't find one. So I send them an email and suggested the wig style for a certain character in a Tales game. They told me they already had that styled in mind so I should wait a few weeks till I hear more news about it. They later send me an emailed about it and I quickly bought it. Once I received it, the wig is so soft and easy to styled that a simple used of hairspray made the bangs. I will buy more wigs in the future.:D
rate: 5/5

Neelh
06-19-2012, 01:41 PM
Has anyone purchased their Pinkie Pie wig?

The only sizing I can go by is that cosplaywigs is a bit too small for me.

StarcraftGhost
06-19-2012, 02:19 PM
What I Bought: Giant Prop Sand Slam for a Spirit Albarn (Soul Eater) cosplay
How Long I Waited: None, bought it at Colossalcon at their booth
Link:http://thefivewits.net/2010/06/giant-prop-sand-slam/

The girls were super nice and explained everything to me since it was my first wig purchase ever, gonna pick up their Diabolical Undergarments Akuma Princess wig for my N cosplay when I am ready for it, plus they're based in the states so no uber long waits!

rating 5/5

Norakun91
06-28-2012, 11:36 PM
I bought their vocal Genuis singing dancer wig. It is beautiful. I love how soft it is. I ordered it on a monday I believe and it came in on wednesday. Great service so i will be buying from them again.

PumpkinBat
06-29-2012, 02:53 PM
I also bought their 'Vocal Genius Singing Dancer' wig and three wig caps (two beige and one black). It was my first big wig purchase and I'm very pleased with what I got. I ordered it on a Wednesday (June 13th). Next Tuesday (the 19th) I got shipping confirmation and a USPS tracking number and I received it that Saturday (the 23rd). I live in New Jersey.

It fits great and is very soft. The pony tails are somewhat heavy but they stay on well and are easy to attach anywhere. I was worried the wig would arrive looking a different color than it did in the pictures but it was spot-on. I was also worried about the packaging since I had never mail-ordered a wig before and the package looked flimsy but it was perfectly fine and packed well.

Wig just out of the package (the package was a yellow envelope with bubblewrap): http://s17.postimage.org/s30h7lkv3/DSCN1726.jpg
Front of base wig: http://s17.postimage.org/shflcf93z/DSCN1731.jpg
Side of base wig: http://s17.postimage.org/450fposm7/DSCN1732.jpg
Ponytails: http://s17.postimage.org/46adj3ufz/DSCN1730.jpg

FuntomKitten
07-08-2012, 04:00 PM
Oh wow I never knew this was started. I've ordered one wig from them (The one for Len from Vocaloid, use the tags on the left side to find it Dx) and am super happy with it. The only con is that the clips used to keep the wig on (better; you don't need to use them, really) can kind of hurt =/ and that the tie for the ponytail broke after a couple of wearings, so you'll probably want to replace it ASAP. Another thing I noticed is that they haven't really updated a lot of their old wigs to give pictures with more accurate colors- though I don't blame them, as I know they're busy.
Overall, though, several of my friends have all gotten wigs from them and I absolutely love them! ^^ Shipping time is usually about 3 days since they're in the US, and everything is always as the picture.

(Though, if anyone hasn't figured this out already, I'm fairly sure what they do is order their wigs in bulk from Chinese stores and re-sell them in the US, [when I asked them for a wig not in their store once, they said they ordered it and had to wait for it to arrive] hence why some may not fit as well as others. I've noticed some of their wigs seem to look like Fantasy Sheep wigs, but hey, it's still awesome that they do this for those of us who can't order through taobao ^^)

CosplayJelly
08-12-2012, 11:27 AM
i dunno but every wig i get from the five wits is waay too big for my head.

Talossa
08-12-2012, 12:24 PM
Has anyone ever gotten Manly Blonde Scorched Casserole (http://thefivewits.net/2012/07/manly-blonde-scorched-casserole/) from them? Looking at it, in some photographs it looks really blonde and in some really brown. Is it more blonde-ish or more brownish?