PDA

View Full Version : Haruko - FLCL

oninomiko
10-29-2003, 07:30 PM
Hiya! I just made this costume as a commission job - I would like to know what you think of it! I already sent it out and I am VERY happy with the results, but what about you guys? The model is my mom, she was a close match for the sizes. The bust and hips will fit the customer a bit looser. She didnt want the goggles, wig, or guitar. So what do you guys think? :)

Dia
10-29-2003, 09:09 PM
First off, that really seems like a good choice of fabrics. I especially like the fact that you used PVC for the pants, because in most images of Haruko they're damn shiny.

The one thing that I think detracts from the overall appearance would be the cap sleeves on the red vest. I think they're a little bit too pronounced, though the general shape is right. I'd suggest just trimming them down a bit, maybe an inch off the end or so. Otherwise, nice job ^_^

Izam3
10-29-2003, 09:16 PM
Hello Oninomiko,

Well being this is the first time I have ever critiqued a costume I must say you did a very nice job on it. Well keep up the good work.

Take care,

Izam3

Bahzi
10-30-2003, 12:38 AM
I love the choice of fabrics as well, I always thought the Haruka costume would look better in a shiny material, including the dress/jumper. I agree with the shoulder caps, and the only other thing I could suggest would be to make it fit tighter, you said it would fit the customer looser, right? it already looks a little bit too loose on your mom. All the pics I've seen of Haruka and the anime from what I remember, her jumper was very form fitting through the bust, waist, and hips. Other than those little quibbles I think its very good, and again I love the shiny look.

-Nayami-
11-04-2003, 10:37 PM
Yes, I agree with every one else who said that the fabric choice was superb.

But I also agree that it seems a little on the loose side. Unless the person wanted it loose, that is--Haruko has a very tight outfit.

And the shoulders stood out a little TOO much. Trim those down a little, and you'd have a great costume.

handlebar49
11-22-2003, 04:31 PM
Yes, I agree with every one else who said that the fabric choice was superb.

But I also agree that it seems a little on the loose side. Unless the person wanted it loose, that is--Haruko has a very tight outfit.

And the shoulders stood out a little TOO much. Trim those down a little, and you'd have a great costume.

yeah, i agree with that, IMO the jacket could stand to be a little shorter but thats just me

Hanyaan
11-22-2003, 04:51 PM
The pants are just AWESOME, and I 100% agree about the material choices being spot-on. I also agree that the sleeves are a bit too poke-out-y, though, and about it being a bit loose.

If I wanted to be REALLY nitpicky I could mention that the scarf might be a few inches too short, but that's a little tiny detail.

Overall, though, great job, and good luck on any further commisions!

Lottie
11-22-2003, 04:55 PM
I like it. The fabric is really good, it's Harukoish. The sleeves do kinda go alittle to far out though, but that shouldnt be to hard to fix, it could be alittle tighter as well. That's it though pretty much. Nice job.

Shego
10-18-2005, 08:58 PM
Dose anyone how to make Haruko's outfit here is a pic http://bottled-metro.net/haruko/extra/haruko-music.jpg

I'm a guy that love to Crossplay Haruko^_< Can any you ladies help me thanks^_^

Citrakite
10-18-2005, 10:10 PM
Your picture is Forbidden

That and this isn't the place to ask for that. try crossplay.