PDA

View Full Version : around one month left!!

trixyloupwolf
03-27-2011, 12:17 PM
yeah!! whos ready or not^^??

they should give out more info haha
or any update or anithing to encourage us errg to make us entousiaste to go event more haha!!

nya!! iam used to anime convention it show right ^^
hehe they give lot of info ^^ lol

anyhow whos ready
what have you left to do
whats done

waa will make our own info support tread hehe^^

done:
fantaisy maskerade costume(missing just a couple detail to work on tecnical^^)
single pattern: only complementary part to accompagne the the vest right^^::
futur fashion folio: half done yeah!! need to work hard to finish it waa hard hard ^^
doll contest: need to do it all^^::
hat contest: not start yet

nya!!
need to prepare for 2 or 3 pannel/ workshop thingy
so still not sure what i should say or write what iam supose to ssay =-= pannel and me are 2 ^^:: hehe!! but it will be fun any have info on what i could say =_=;;;; hug!

waa need to prepare my bag /get babysitter for my cat and my mice nya!!

and you nya!! help me get exited about going (iam already but more is never enough haha^^) i need info anithing is fine nya!!

Buddycat
03-27-2011, 05:02 PM
I'm juggling 3 projects at once. One's to finish up my F & SF, which didn't get done for Archon, another for the FFS, and a special hall costume idea I've got in the pipes. In fact, gotta go right now and get back to work!

khenemetset
03-27-2011, 10:11 PM
Totally being lazy this costume con. RaDragon and I aren't even competing this year, so it's going to be a relaxing time I think. :)

trixyloupwolf
03-27-2011, 10:42 PM
aww i see ^^ nya!!
so anyone else paniquing ^^ nya!!

von Drago
03-27-2011, 10:50 PM
F&SF - done unless I want to add anything extra
Single Pattern - half way
Doll - fabrics purchased, need to start.
6 panels - eek! Half done? Course Bruce is doing most of the work on the video stuff. Need to determine how much stuff is going.

Ironhill
03-28-2011, 12:21 AM
Nothing is done. Still sewing like mad.

Historical: About half way.
FFF: Started but not very far on it.
SF&F: Scraped. Just not enough time to do it right.

trixyloupwolf
03-28-2011, 04:47 AM
waaa hang in there people nya!!!
waa iam just very happy ill see many friend ^^ i miss all so very much nya!!!!

also yeah i love news hehe
hughug

supergeekgirl
03-28-2011, 10:45 AM
Not doing single pattern or FFS. Someday, I might but not this year.

Our historical entry is... not done yet. It's in progress. I'm sure it will be done in time, but it's not much yet.

Not entering F&SF this year unless I can think of a good reason. The penguin barely fits in our car, and it blocks all windows, and Pit, besides the wings, is not terribly exciting. The wings themselves are not actually terribly exciting either.... of course, all of this doesn't mention that Archon had one hell of a time getting us onto their stage. I don't think the size of the CC stage will be enough to get us safely on and off of it without more help than they can give. IF we could even transport the costumes. If someone at the next SLCG meeting offers to go in with us for a van, things could change (penguin!!!).

Reminds me... we still need to record our script for the historical. We cut it down a bit this weekend because it was just over a minute. Serendipity just helped us with our backdrop in the form of a friend loaning us the bars for a photography backdrop he found in the garbage.

Mikhail came up with a brilliant plan for our documentation.

I realized this morning that seeing my husband in his full historical is going to make me sweat big time. ;)

All of our hall costumes are done and mostly decided upon. Misha decided not to do Weird Al to save time, which is sad... I hope he finishes it in time for Dragon*Con.

alpha_helix
03-28-2011, 11:09 AM
I need to work on presentations, make a hat for my historical costume, get some elf ears, and put some finishing touches on my doll costume.

I also need to finish my thesis (eeeeeek) and sort out some personal issues. Lots of stuff to deal with month, mostly I just want to ignore it and hope it will disappear.

von Drago
03-28-2011, 11:23 AM
Nothing is done. Still sewing like mad.

Historical: About half way.
FFF: Started but not very far on it.
SF&F: Scraped. Just not enough time to do it right.

Yeah, I scrapped my Historical cause I simply didn't have time. Maybe next year.

RaDragon76
03-28-2011, 09:18 PM
Scrapped SF&F plans because of lack of a decent presentation idea for the costumes. They deserve a bit more than just a stroll across the stage.

Scrapped Historical plan because we want to take our time with it and finding decent information has been difficult due to heighten interest in the period and civilization at the moment.

As Khene said we're not competing this time round and are planning only for hall costumes this CC. We do have a halfway finished Doll Contest entry that will probably get done and we still need to finish one set of hall costumes but other than that we're pretty much ready.

Gravely
03-29-2011, 03:44 AM
I may just be a body in a presentation this year, and I'm wrangleing a bunch of Castle Blood character costumes and props for the display room, that should be fun. regular working costumes, that have all really been out there, night after night, and hopefully still in one piece to display. none of my own stuff,( tho I helped build some) but things from other cast members.

and I'll be maning a table for the National Haunters convention, outside Philadelphia the next weekend.
Any paid member to Costume con, can have a free membership to the haunt con, if they want it, and I'll have the vouchers with me.
Halloweenshow.com

Ironhill
03-29-2011, 10:30 PM
I may just be a body in a presentation this year, and I'm wrangleing a bunch of Castle Blood character costumes and props for the display room, that should be fun. regular working costumes, that have all really been out there, night after night, and hopefully still in one piece to display. none of my own stuff,( tho I helped build some) but things from other cast members.

and I'll be maning a table for the National Haunters convention, outside Philadelphia the next weekend.
Any paid member to Costume con, can have a free membership to the haunt con, if they want it, and I'll have the vouchers with me.
Halloweenshow.com

Cool, I was planning to take my nephew to it. Saving a couple bucks will help a lot.

Thanks!

trixyloupwolf
03-30-2011, 12:24 AM
yeah it back to life (the costume con people are alive)
yeah i miss you ^^

yeah update^^
i have big trouble with my fff costume nya!! =-=
i hate the belt wait thingy of the skirt fabric shyny is evily giving me pain in the ass ^^::

ill work hard again on it tomorow hopw it be fine this time =_=
bore of redoing it after 3 or 4 time nya!!

heh e less then a month whoo houu i miss you ill be a happy girl to see you all^^

supergeekgirl
03-30-2011, 10:47 AM
I'm always alive on here, but I mostly post only in two threads. :)

I hate working with rayon satin. It's dumb. Actually, it's not bad except that I have two shaped seams I have to do, and I have to make them look like French seams. Remind me again why I am finishing all of my seams, including the ones on my underwear...

By the way, my wig for Madonna came in yesterday. I'll have to do a few pictures this weekend, perhaps. Still need to talk to Steve about letting me borrow the layer cake dress as he's been trying to get me to do forever, and then I'll go ahead and get my wig for Kaylee.

stardust462
03-31-2011, 08:58 AM
Since my FFF costume uses a lot of things from a costume I already made a few months, I just need to make the top for it, which shouldn't take more than half a day (famous last words). With Anime Boston the weekend before, that's the only costume I'm making specifically for Costume Con, but I have a lot of costumes for the past year that I plan on wearing.

Crazy Flower
03-31-2011, 10:07 AM
Historical: Done (Finished that last week. Now I gotta do the test run)

F&SF: Still working on it. Hope to have it done by Patriot's Day. (Wish me luck)

SP & FFF: Not doing this year, the Single Pattern didn't give me ideas and when I realized I had time for the Folio, I lost the file. No need to get myself in a panic.

Hat Contest: Done (Surprisingly quick, one weekend from idea to completion)

supergeekgirl
03-31-2011, 10:19 AM
Hat contest, eh? I didn't notice that before. I've made some hats that are kind of cool, but I'm not sure I have anything contest-worthy. *wishes she had more time*

The rayon didn't kick my ass! I finished the hardest part! Now I have to do the REST of the costumes.

Sarcasm-hime
04-02-2011, 06:24 PM
Historical: 99% done; have some tweaking I'd like to do and maybe a bit more beading if I have time. Was supposed to be last year's Historical, but our group was just too rushed.

SF&F: Dress is pretty much done, am working on accessories. Need to dye shoes and style wig.

I really wish I'd had time to do the Single Pattern, as I'm really jonesing to make a fancy '30s evening gown, but it's just not happening. *sigh*

trixyloupwolf
04-02-2011, 08:22 PM
nya!! love you all ^^
less then a month its soo cool(not costume wise finish but ya know see friend^^)

yeah iam getting there with my costume it give me hard ime =_=
modifiying costume is hard after all ^^::: hehe^^

nya!! hat hat on the way i found a nice hat ill decorate it for the contest nya!!
doll i wanna do something nicer then what i did yet so ill retry again^^

trixyloupwolf
04-05-2011, 02:04 AM
23 days people ^^

LadyoftheThread
04-07-2011, 01:38 AM
Well, the terrible winter weather here killed my motivation to go shopping for supplies and work on costumes so it looks like I’ll just be rewearing a lot of my old stuff and won’t have anything completely new for Costume Con. I am working on a new costume at the moment but I’ll be at Anime Boston the weekend before so it’ll most likely debut there.

SF&F group plans fell through a few months back due to various real life issues; it was just turning out to be bad timing for everyone. :-/ And I don’t feel anything I have done is elaborate enough that I especially want to enter it at Costume Con so I’m not planning to do any of the competitions this year.

I feel kind of lame for it but I’ve also given up on trying to do something for the Broadway theme. I love musicals but I just couldn’t come up with anything I especially wanted to make that wouldn’t have required much more money and time than I’d be willing to spend on a costume I might not have a good opportunity to wear again. I guess I’ll just bring my Tamaki ballgown since it’s a Takarazuka (a Japanese all-female theatre troupe) parody and some other sparkly costumes.

Unfortunately, I think most of the local cosplayers who were thinking about attending are out now due to the NYC cherry blossom festival being that weekend; a lot of them go to take pictures with the blossoms and the festival started including a cosplay fashion show last year. Some of my friends are involved with events and two people had to drop out of my prospective SF&F group because they’re supposed to be vendors at the festival. After the festival dates were announced, I think I’ve only heard 2 or 3 of my local friends still mention possibly going to Costume Con.

I was so excited when I found out at CC27 that this year’s Costume Con would be in NJ and with a Broadway theme but now I just feel kind of blah about it with various plans having fallen through. :(

And out of curiosity, does anyone know of possible locations for Costume Con in 2014? If I remember correctly, voting is supposed to take place at the con but I don’t believe I’ve heard about any bids. Wondering because the next two years’ locations are too far away for me to attend.

Sarcasm-hime
04-07-2011, 11:36 AM
I know a bid has been put in for Toronto but I don't recall if it's 2014 or not.

trixyloupwolf
04-07-2011, 04:14 PM
21 jourrr waaaaaa panic mode^^ !!\
run everywere nya!!!

some styuff need to be done aaaa!!
ok nya!! see ya hug to all

Gravely
04-13-2011, 10:43 PM
Lady of the thread,
Maral is correct
the voting this year isfor the toronto bid in 2014 cc-32

there is also now a bid for cc-33 in south carolina 2015

supergeekgirl
04-14-2011, 09:45 AM

My friend in NC will be happy about that!

von Drago
04-14-2011, 03:43 PM
Lady of the thread,
Maral is correct
the voting this year isfor the toronto bid in 2014 cc-32

SC would be cool! I've never been there.