PDA

View Full Version : The Rest of the Etna Costume

katrinastrife
10-30-2003, 07:52 AM
I'm not entirely happy with how this came out. I like the top, but the skirt makes me a little uneasy. And, my frikken buckles broke before I got any good pics! ;___; However, I plan to replace the model magic buckles with real metal ones, and do a little more work on the tail... Anyway, here it goes! ^_^;;;

First pic is a reference pic. Second is two full pics of the costume (with various pieces missing ~_~;;), third is me in a tree, then one of my faves, and finally, a shot of the back of the costume. Enjoy, and please critique!

Yuna
10-30-2003, 09:46 AM
From what I can tell of it (since I have Etna in progress myself) you don't have the belts or buckles on the gloves, no braclets, and, IMO the most important, the shoes! The best part of Etna is her shoes with the faces! XD;

mitylene
10-30-2003, 10:01 AM
Katrina you had an awesome etna costume! You were sooo kawaii! I really love all the work you did on the wig and the skirt is excellent. I can't wait to see you again. :)

katrinastrife
10-30-2003, 10:41 AM
Yuna:

>__<;;; I know, it's terrbile that I left off all of the detail... I'm trying to find a good way to make boot covers (Or, maybe just getting a pair of white boots and painting the faces on them ^^;;). As for the belts and all, I'm in the process of making them... In all honesty, I guess this is really a progress pic... ^^;;

Yuna
10-30-2003, 01:30 PM
The faces just like pushed the costume over the edge for me XD;; I'm almost done with my boots >.> <.< there's a pic in my galllery.

But yeah, other then those detail's, there's only one thing I can find to comment on. Ont he shirt, the first spike is in more of a curve and not so straight up =o Other thent hat however, pretty great job! Your wig looks really good ^_^ OH! And yeah, her skirt is one of the most difficult things I've ever made strangely. I had such a hard time @__@;

ELFanatic
10-30-2003, 02:04 PM
I don't know if you can do this now but I think you're hair is a bit too light.

I say your last pic is the best simply because you got boots on. Although, Etna's soles don't seem so thick and it looks like you picked boots with high soles(whatever you call them)

Not a bad costume though. Best luck to you.