PDA

View Full Version : France Austrian War Help

Der_Bast
03-29-2011, 04:22 PM
Alright so I'm going to be making France's Children's day outfit and well, I need help...>x<

Sorry if this has gotten old or if there is another forum like this. If there is, this post can be deleted. >.<;;;;

Codename Otacon
03-29-2011, 04:47 PM
Do the Fancy version of France(Austrian war outfit) like this person:

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/234/a/9/France_18th_Century_Cosplay_by_kaiser_mony.png

I know a lot of people hate the anime version since its boring and plain...its your costume, do whatever you want with it.

Der_Bast
03-29-2011, 05:37 PM
Well, I have looked at them and thought their costume was amazing. x3 I'm just a little paranoid since this will be the first time I've worn something mainstream and not obscure. But you are right, it is my costume and I will do what I like with it. x3 Thank you though :3

Mama Austria
04-12-2011, 11:08 PM
Do what I do and do a little historical research on the attire of the time! 18th century French attire. You may not want to go authentic (the uniforms back then were wool!), but perhaps take a few nods from what some of the nobility may have worn to make it look nice and fancy.

Der_Bast
04-13-2011, 01:21 PM
Hmm...I looked into the Napoleonic era but I never thought of just looking at nobility ware...I think I will give that a try 8D Accuracy is something I like, but I don't want to waddle too far from the original design ^ ^'''' Thank you for your input though, it was a big help! 8D

Mama Austria
04-13-2011, 06:55 PM
Any time! Variations on a theme are always refreshing! Keep the style of clothing but adding period and/or character appropriate embellishments are always fun. I'll be adding Austrian crystal and Edelweiss buttons to my Austrian Succession uniform =D

Der_Bast
04-13-2011, 11:17 PM
Oooohhhhh That sounds pretty. 8D Well, I looked at the nobility and I must say I like it better than the actual militia wear of the time. :3 Now to figure out how to make the gold, ladder looking thing on the front of the coat...>.>

Mama Austria
04-13-2011, 11:44 PM
Post a picture? I may be able to give you some input.

Der_Bast
04-14-2011, 11:24 AM
http://blog.catherinedelors.com/wp-content/uploads/18th-century-male-court-costume1.jpg

http://media.photobucket.com/image/recent/DarkBlueSinger/Hetalia%2520Resources/France.jpg<----is Children's day France...>.>

I figured I would throw in France's Original design...just to see what I'm talking about with the gold ladder thing...I've noticed a trend, Men sometimes had it others did not...I personally like the ladder thing, but I think it's buttons...but I'm unsure. I've only made ONE other coat similar to the first link but it was faked and only for a gaiaonline event...So I only stuck with the accuracy of the Avatar...So, what do you think it is? *prays its not buttons...Fails sooo hard at getting the little buggers on xD*

Mama Austria
04-14-2011, 08:18 PM
Dude, he is so shiny.

The trim along the edge of the coats you listed first is actually probably just very ornate trim or embroidery, with buttons sewn in here and there. I think whether men had it or not depended on the occasion it was being worn to, and just their personal tastes as well. Given that it's France...it's probably safe to say that it's gonna be a fancy, frilly sort of taste.

Der_Bast
04-14-2011, 08:50 PM
LoL Ikr x3

But, I guess it's safe to say that these buttons serve no other purpose than to look pretty. x3 Well looks like I'm heading out to buy Buttons of the frilly kind. x3 Hmm...Now the ornate trim...*looks at pile of ribbon.* I think I'm going to need more bridal lace and more gold ribbon. x3

Just out of Curiosity, for your Austrian children's day outfit that you are working on, I noticed in another forum post you said you used actual 18th century patterns for Austria's coat...How difficult was it to come by them and follow the instructions?

Mama Austria
04-14-2011, 10:41 PM
You can also find trims that aren't ribbon that look nice and embroidered. Just look around in the trim section of your fabric stores!

As for 18th century patterns, have no fear. They are simple to read, and what they are, are modern day patterns drafted off of original 18th century designs. Also, easy to find!

http://jas-townsend.com/product_info.php?cPath=40&products_id=416

This website has this one, and many others. Take a look through them to see if you find one you like. As for reading them, it was EASY. I loved it to death. I saved it for my Austrian Succession coat, since I modded one for Children's Day.

Der_Bast
04-14-2011, 11:12 PM
Oh my! This place looks amazing...* o* It even has patterns for the stuff to go under the coat~ Thank you! I would say I love you but that's a little extreme...x3 So you can have a cookie~ 8D

I shall have to look deeper in the trimmings and see what I find. Once again, Thank you! This is the first time I've done something like this and it's sort of a memorial tribute, so I don't want to mess up too much x3

THANK YOU! 8D

Mama Austria
04-14-2011, 11:32 PM
Oh, you can love me, I don't care. XD

I love that website. It's where I got my shoes for Children's Day Austria as well! =D

And it's not a problem; feel free to ask me anything any time!

Axelai
04-15-2011, 12:54 AM
http://blog.catherinedelors.com/wp-content/uploads/18th-century-male-court-costume1.jpg

http://media.photobucket.com/image/recent/DarkBlueSinger/Hetalia%2520Resources/France.jpg

I figured I would throw in France's Original design...just to see what I'm talking about with the gold ladder thing...I've noticed a trend, Men sometimes had it others did not...I personally like the ladder thing, but I think it's buttons...but I'm unsure. I've only made ONE other coat similar to the first link but it was faked and only for a gaiaonline event...So I only stuck with the accuracy of the Avatar...So, what do you think it is? *prays its not buttons...Fails sooo hard at getting the little buggers on xD*

^^ For the record, thats not the Austrian Succession outfit. Thats his Children's Day outfit XD;; Different.

Der_Bast
04-15-2011, 10:54 AM
^^ For the record, thats not the Austrian Succession outfit. Thats his Children's Day outfit XD;; Different.

I know LoL...But I see everyone use it for his War outfit so...I thought it would be acceptable x3 Sorry if my calling it a different name bothered you, I'll fix it :3

Axelai
04-16-2011, 10:15 PM
I know LoL...But I see everyone use it for his War outfit so...I thought it would be acceptable x3 Sorry if my calling it a different name bothered you, I'll fix it :3

Well I mean, someone might give you help for the actual Austrian Succession outfit, when you want help for Children's Day... you know? So I think it's probably better if you call it by its actual name XD;; Seeing as they're completely different.

Der_Bast
04-18-2011, 01:42 PM
Well I mean, someone might give you help for the actual Austrian Succession outfit, when you want help for Children's Day... you know? So I think it's probably better if you call it by its actual name XD;; Seeing as they're completely different.

I don't know how to fix the title D'; I fixed every other post...but I can't change the title....I'M SORRY FOR BEING A NOOB D'x LoL x3

Axelai
04-18-2011, 01:46 PM
I don't know how to fix the title D'; I fixed every other post...but I can't change the title....I'M SORRY FOR BEING A NOOB D'x LoL x3

You need to click "Edit" then "Go Advanced". :3

Der_Bast
04-18-2011, 01:51 PM
You need to click "Edit" then "Go Advanced". :3

OMG! >:| Why do I not see these things? Fuuuuu, I fail, = n=...Anyway, Thank you for telling me where to find that. 8D