PDA

View Full Version : J-pop cosplay

BabySnowLeopard
10-22-2002, 12:27 AM
Okie I've been meaning to post this for a while ^o^

But.... well there isn't that much J-pop cosplay out there.... and I think we all know well why that is =P So... what singers do you think are actually cosplayable???

Yay for Tsunku! Most of the Hello! Project girls are cosplayable *whee* but some of my other favorites... are totally not. My most favorite singer is Uehara Takako... and there's not a single outfit of hers that stands out.

Ayumi too... she has several outfits that are totally cool and recognizable ^o^ *yay for her crazy sense of style!* I would love to do more of hers... if I actually looked Asian enough for it =P booo

Anyone else?

~Kie

Ennui
10-22-2002, 12:30 AM
noone recognized me when i did hyde... ;____;;;

Umi
10-22-2002, 12:37 AM
I think Utada Hikaru from her Traveling video would be pretty recognizable as well.. it's all about that toy soldier-esque hat of hers.

Oh and I bow to whoever decides to do a TM Revolution cosplay... that man is too pretty o.o

Here's one for the vague category: Tommy february6 =D

aeva
10-22-2002, 02:12 PM
Oh and I bow to whoever decides to do a TM Revolution cosplay... that man is too pretty o.o

*-* Yesh. He IS pretty. I'd die if anyone did him from the Madan ~der Freischutz~ video when he's on the TV. XD

More people do J-ROCK cosplays than j-pop; I'm kindy guilty of that myself. *________________________* Malice Mizer. I'm such a sucker for MM cospalyers. ::melts::

XxNANA_AYUxX
10-22-2002, 07:34 PM
Ayu is quite cosplay-able. I seen the surreal kitties, and I AM you.. and hopfully i'll be pink dearest AYu.. (can't find pink fabric)

khamryn
10-23-2002, 10:55 AM
ooo.. J-pop is really underdone. ^^

I'm plotting a Ayu-ish costume for halloween. ^^

I'd love to do TM or Ayu's christmas one (from the Silent Night duet with Gackt) for a con. :)

Kaje
10-23-2002, 02:16 PM
Don't you think Gackt's outfit looks like Vash's when he sang with Ayumi?

Anyway, I'd like to do a Morning Musume costume at one con... Blah, all I know it won't be anytime soon for me. Lol ^^;

XxNANA_AYUxX
10-24-2002, 02:21 PM
Gackt and Ayumi will make great kids togetther!!! BOTH ARE SOO DAMN CUTE!

Ali-kun
10-24-2002, 05:10 PM
Dude, I noticed the Vash thing too o_O I just watched that vid again yesterday and I blinked at Gackt and did a double-take ^_^;;

And PhiliaPhilis is continuing to bug me to do TMR's Aqualovers PV outfit ^^;;

Nadeshiko
10-25-2002, 01:27 AM
I've done the "Seasons" rendition of Ayu for Kowaii Con. (for those of you confused, Kowaii Con is another term for Drama Club's Masquerade Party...it was very kowaiiiiiiii!!!!!) It was one of those "hm...maybe I'll pull this out of the closet!" I had the hat, pearls, and dress already. Plus, Ayu is one of my all time favorites, and decided to cosplay as her. It would be original to the drama club people. ^_^

khamryn
10-25-2002, 09:31 AM
Kaje- Yep yep. I was like "LOOK! He cosplays!!" hehe

Ali-kun- TMR... hehehhehe... ::cheesy grin::

Nadeshiko- Cool. ^.^ ::g::

Umi
10-25-2002, 11:44 AM
*Thinks about Gackt cosplaying Squall* =D

Ayaka
10-25-2002, 12:11 PM
I had the nutty idea of cosplaying Tomoe Shinohara the other night . . . lol. People would just think I was weird. Not that I necessarily have a problem with that.

Kaje
10-25-2002, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Umi
*Thinks about Gackt cosplaying Squall* =D

Dude... Squall cosplayed as Gackt! X_@!!

I swear, and Gackt swears, and everyone else swears, that Squall's design was made after him. Bwhaha...

It's true. I know it. And so does everyone else. Blah.

Umi
10-26-2002, 02:10 PM
Yup Kaje. Hehe.. Gackt calls Squall "Gackt II" =P I just thought how funny it would be if he actually er... "cosplayed" as him =D

Michi
10-26-2002, 10:36 PM
Wheee Jpop cosplay. I'm working on a T.M.Revolution outfit.. I'm just lazy and haven't finished it yet (it was 40% done by AX, I just.. haven't touched it).

*whistles*

Nadeshiko
10-27-2002, 01:44 PM
haha! if Traveling Cosplay was up, I could have posted the Ayu X Justin Timberlake pics. ^^;;

That is one of the reasons why Kowaii Con became known as Kowaii Con.

Ali-kun
10-27-2002, 07:26 PM
Oo, Michi, what outfit? XD

manaxmana
11-13-2002, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by BabySnowLeopard
. what singers do you think are actually cosplayable???

Ayumi..? Hewr images stands out from the rest of the j-pop people.. Unless you get 2 other girls and go as Mini Moni... 9or whatever their name is) XDXDXDXDXD

Umi
11-13-2002, 04:31 PM
9nin Matsuri... er... I think that's it I'm not sure ^.^ I think any outlandish clothing a pop person wears in a relatively well-known music video is perfect material for Jpop cosplay... Like..... (great... I've had nothing but thoughts running around my head and keeping me up the whole night and when it comes to something interesting it's like a ghosttown in there -_-;)