PDA

View Full Version : your family

SailorMoonUsagi
04-01-2011, 08:00 PM
How is everyones family? do you like them, hate them, or what? You can vent about them here if you like, or write wonderful things about them, etc.

I don't like most of my family. At all. It's not that I don't care about them, I just don't like them. They're not people I would associate with if I had the choice.
So yeah, please feel free to say anything about your family! i'm very curious to hear what everyone has to say! :bashful:

Lithium Flower
04-01-2011, 08:11 PM
ಠ_ಠ dame da

toshirua3846384
04-01-2011, 10:09 PM
Well i actually like my family, prob. because we have a lot in common when it comes to video games, music, and anime. Also them being military helps.

Kildread
04-01-2011, 11:22 PM
I maintain good (albeit distant, since we're quite far apart) relations with my sisters.

I have sparse contact with my parents and they haven't had anything to say about what I was doing for years now (Just the way I wanted it).

I do admit it's kind of a priviledge for me to have this outlook considering I come from a normal family (No leeches, no beatings, not divorce, no whatever evils can creep in the family life).

Nathus Dorkus
04-02-2011, 01:44 AM
I moved 60 miles away from them. 'Nough said.

limesoda
04-02-2011, 03:36 AM
i'm the one messed up kid from my family, mechanic, motorcycles, weapon collection and obsession with japanese culture so most of my family hates me (asain side) and my english side lives in england. my sister and i are rather distant though we both like anime, my parents are divorced and other than them i really dont care about anyone else in ny family. and even me and my parents dont talk much, but its the way it is.

fujyoshi
04-02-2011, 08:27 AM
I'm not close wit ANYONE in my family, the extended family is far but certain issues keep distance between me and them, then my immediate family is just there I guess. Would you believe most 'a the problems started because of anime? You'd think that my parents both resent the fact that I like anime but meh. My brother tries to establish conversation wit me but I kinda push him away since telling him anything is nothing worth a crap(that and it'll bite me in the butt later on) so thats kinda it. For the record I'm not bad mouthing my family I'm just stating the facts.

The Seventh Sea
04-02-2011, 05:42 PM
They used to be real strict, but in recent years, they relaxed quite a bit. They used to hate the idea of me being into anime and games and that it destroyed my studies and grades. But now, they're somewhat fans themselves, kinda. Dad likes Cowboy Bebop and Mom likes Haibane Renmei and Grenadier (yes, Grenadier. It's the hips.), plus she has her own VF-17S Nightmare figure. They were recently introduced into Cosplay and my mom just loves it, not sure about the old man though. Same with sis, though tolerates my fandom. I promised not to expose her son to anime.

And grandma, well....she's there, always happy and stuff.

Miyabi-
04-02-2011, 07:34 PM
I love mine. I get along with everyone and my cousins are like my sisters to me. ^_^

Shana05
04-02-2011, 10:15 PM
I'm very close to my dad but not so much with my mom. It's not that I dislike her, she just drives me crazy. She's always teasing me and calling me by weird nicknames. She says she wants me to be more independent while at the same time does trust me to drive to nearby places.

Ineedaname9
04-03-2011, 02:06 AM
My mother...is not sane. My stepdad doesn't care about what I do as long as I do well in college. My Dad nods and pays for stuff. I live with my mom and stepdad but i don't really have much of a choice Uni is expensive, gotta save for it

xMookie
04-03-2011, 06:12 AM
I both love and hate my family. I know everyone has their bad days but my step dad gets mad over the smallest things also riding in a car with him is nightmare(horrid road rage). My brother currently living here comes in at all hours of the night with his friends which is very inconsiderate. I love my sister ,but my mom shes nice but treats me like a child and shes in everyone's business. I'm not close with anyone in my family.

Psycho_Kitty
04-03-2011, 12:49 PM
I love my family but they don't get me a lot of the time. I'm the only one who loves gaming, anime, cosplay, etc. But my mom does listen to me when I talk about the things I enjoy. I do have a half-sister but the crap she put me through I really don't consider her my sister.

ruthiesparkle
04-03-2011, 05:22 PM
I love my family about 95% of the time! I'm the youngest of three kids by 10+ years (yes, I was an accident child, haha)--my sister's married with a two-year-old and another baby on the way and my brother moved back in with my parents and I a little under a year ago for college and other reasons. I guess I'm kind of spoiled 'cause I'm the baby~ Everyone's pretty calm and normal-crazy here, haha (: I have cousins in California, too, but I hardly get to see them.

Skeff
04-04-2011, 08:15 AM
I really only like associating myself with my mother. She lives in the same city as I do right now.

As for the rest, my two siblings and father, they all live ~12 hours away, and I would like to keep it like that. They are crazy, its so weird to think that I am the only sane child in the family...

totorolover
04-04-2011, 11:05 PM
im the oldest of five siblings,we used to be close but well we grew up and us three older ones left the religion we all grew up in so the younger two sisters dont talk to us anymore. it still makes me sad here and there. but my brothers are awesome, we live our own lives but stay in touch. my mom was a screw up and is out of my life but i was over it before it happened, my dad is around an supports my hobbies. I have a good husband, however we live with his parents right now, there ok. my husband has 3 older sisters 2 of the three i cant really stand, thank god the one i despise the most lives in san Francisco.

Eau de Decus
04-04-2011, 11:15 PM
Uhh, my family is small since I pretend most of them don't exist. To me, my family tree consists of myself, my two older sisters and my mom. When I include those that are related through marriage (oldest sister is married), it would extend to my brother-in-law and his family. However, everyone outside of those mentioned above can promptly eat high-velocity lead. No joke. They are horrible, horrible people.

Shana05
04-04-2011, 11:36 PM
I guess I should talk about my siblings. I have a brother and a sister, both of them are half-siblings from my mom's first marriage. My dad was also married and divorced before he met my mom but he didn't have any kids from his first marriage. Because of this, there's a big age gap, my brother was 17 and my sister was 15 when I was born. My brother moved out when I was real young so we've never been close. He used to smoke as well and I hate the smell. He only ended up quitting because he got sick and slept through his entire withdrawal. His wife has a kid from a previous relationship so in a way I'm an aunt to someone only 3 years younger than me.

My sister lived at home during college so I grew up with her around so I'm quite close to her. She lives in Chicago now, so I only get to see her every couple of months. But when we do get together we have a lot of fun. I often end up showing her anime and movies I'm obsessed with. Her husband is great too. I didn't like him too much when they got married, but it was because I didn't give him a chance back then. I was only 7, so I wasn't mature. I actually got him into Hetalia.

SailorMoonUsagi
04-06-2011, 08:46 PM
I'm glad I'm not alone when I see that other people have issues with their family too. ^_^It's kinda sad though, we used to be really close but now I just cannot stand most of my family.

fujyoshi
04-07-2011, 06:33 AM
I'm glad I'm not alone when I see that other people have issues with their family too. ^_^It's kinda sad though, we used to be really close but now I just cannot stand most of my family.

I think its more that our families can't stand our hobbies and thats what makes those issues.