PDA

View Full Version : Garrus

altereco
04-02-2011, 08:44 PM
Hello all, I'm new to the site, as well as making cosplay in general. I'm really interested in making a Garrus cosplay.
Basically, I've started using Ammnra's video as a jumping off point, but I also have some questions for how to make it.
First off, I'm looking into types of foam to use for the armor, but am unsure what types of foam would be best to use as of now.
Secondly, I have neither the resources nor the skills to make a mold for the mask, and I'm wondering if it is possible to make an effect mask using clay. I would think using clay would be much easier on my wallet as well as for general shaping.
I really appreciate any help I can get!
Thanks!

altereco
04-02-2011, 09:42 PM
effective** mask
Apologies.

Aelice
04-18-2011, 04:17 PM
Are there any local costuming groups, like the Mandalorian Mercs or Gears of War people, who you can join at an armor party? :) That might help introduce you to many materials.

Kylar
07-04-2011, 10:02 PM
The general consensus for making Mass Effect armor seems to be EVA foam sheets (cut from those piece together floor mats). After creating the shapes you want and forming the armor to you a coat of Rubberized rocker guard to harden the stuff up and help with impact makes armor.

Then it is just fancy tidbits from there.