PDA

View Full Version : Original take on Sailormoon, mix of manga, myu, anime...

newmyu
11-01-2003, 12:37 AM
Alright, this is my first self-made costume that's been worn in public. Please excuse the wig, it was a last-minute thing because the one I commissioned didn't fit right.. x.x;;; It was too small. x.x;

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=91826&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

Anyhow, this is an original take, a mix of myu, anime, manga, and my own personal little bits and pieces (such as the type of cloth used and the beading)

I'm curious as to how people feel about this costume compared to other sailor senshi costumes they've seen.

scandia
11-01-2003, 06:30 AM
I like it. It is cute.

The only things I would have changed are:

- making the center bow larger
- can't see the sailor collar too well due to the pose.
- I don't like the wig. Looks too tangled together and matted instead of flowing.

Otherwise it rocks. It looks very patriotic.

Chun Li
11-01-2003, 09:27 AM
i think the boot covers should go up a smidge higher

Sweet~Pea
11-01-2003, 09:55 AM
I agree that the boots should be a bit taller and the bow a little bigger but the overall costume is very well done :japan:
-Christa

newmyu
11-01-2003, 11:20 PM
Uh... they're not boot covers... they're actual leather knee-high boots. ^^;; Short of stretching the leather...that's as far up as they go right now.. ^^; As for the wig... it was a last-minute thing.. I have a better one I got on Halloween in the mail, but it ended up being too small. ;.;