PDA

View Full Version : Hetalia Russia Cosplay prop

a600hz
04-03-2011, 01:25 AM
Haha, I just noticed Ivan has a faucet handle connected to a pipe and was wondering if something like this would even be permitted in anime expo since it's pretty heavy and made out of medal xD

If so.. I'm of to Home Depot! Has anyone who cosplays as Russia have similar props or do you have that giant flower that he seems to have in some google images?

wafflefrolic
04-03-2011, 01:34 AM
The giant flower is definitely a sunflower. it's from a conversation he had with France once I think.

Pretty sure that my friend painted PVC pipe silver and bought a faucet to put on it that was metal and no one complained, but she's offline so I can't confirm - also we went to Otakon, not anime expo. Also there are plastic faucets (http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=24465&catid=810) so you should check that out too. They make special spray paint for plastic. When in doubt contact the con staff before making your prop and ask if it would be allowed.

a600hz
04-03-2011, 01:46 AM
Ooh That's correct. I should check that out, I actually just got into Hetalia recently so I'll see into it!.

Hmm.. If that's the case I'll leave a quick message but it is pretty true I don't think I'd have a problem there because during Anime Expo there was this guy who had an entire cart (I guess he was like a bartender or in disguised) I forgot what anime it was but he stowed away people inside and I'm sure he never got any complaints from staff.

And Yeah, I'll be sure to check that out. I actually have a pretty good idea I'll message you. I was thinking about using plastic but one thing I noticed is for some reason the home depot in my city doesn't have some of these things. I was building a prop Light Saber and it was really hard to find the pipes.. I think I found the pipes in the home depot in the city right next to ours

VKlover
01-05-2012, 02:01 PM
Hey guys! Ok, so, me and my friend are going to be taking RussxChi photos tomorrow after school... She needs a prop sunflower. I was thinking of making one out of foam or something since I'm broke... but I will buy a fake one if I can't make one. I really want this to go well... Help? I told her sunflower because I don't want her to get in trouble with the admin and police... (yes we have policemen and women at school... -_-;; lol))

animenerd93
01-15-2012, 10:00 PM
its a lil late, but buyin a sunflopwer will be cheaper than making one