PDA

View Full Version : Link's sword

Link Rocks
11-01-2003, 01:26 AM
Hi Im a new member Im looking for the thing to make Links master sword
if you guys can tellme how to make it reply to me thank you for your time.

DigitalCactus
11-03-2003, 10:32 AM
well if you're bringing it to a convention you might want to consider polystyrene. It's a plastic you can get over at www.USplastic.com or soemthing like that. they have a free catalogue n stuff. Draw out your design on a paper or cardboard template first. thats how I typically do my weapons/armour. I would use Owens Corning Foam,(the pinkstuff) as a base...cut out the basic shape on the foam using a serrated knife and sand down those edges because you will make ROUGH CUTS.

Owens Corning Foam can be found in the building supply section of Home Depot. It comes in a 8 foot long panel, so you may want to chop that in half before ya load it in your car. Its sold as as one whole piece, so make sure taht if you cut it, take everything with you.

I suggest coating the insulation foam in fibreglass, but it is extremely difficult to work with and i wouldnt suggest it if you are new to this sort of thing.

OoTLink
11-08-2003, 02:08 AM
If you're really up to the job, grab some pine wood, a nice set of saws/chisels/knives, and a ton of sandpaper, gesso to finish down the texture to make it really smooth and maybe wood putty to fill in any 'accidents'

That is one of the easiest and nicest ways. If you REALLY have the tools then try using a circular cutter on the handle rofl

Demri
11-09-2003, 01:37 PM
My Link made a wooden (Goron) sword that didn't turn out too bad for a first attempt at anything cosplay. Heh, just use a light wood - Andy used oak and it's so heavy I can barely lift it. I think, what, like four feet from point to hilt is about right for the length of the Master Sword, though that can vary...