PDA

View Full Version : Daleks

vampricyoda
04-03-2011, 08:44 AM
Hello.

I'm working on a VERY casual/silly Dalek costume. Basicly the voice changer mask, a plunger in my hand. . .I'm tring to figure out if using a litteral egg whisk (since that's what the gun gets called alot in fandom. . . ) would get the point of the gun across. Also have no idea for the pants. . .if I should even try to find a way to do the bumps.

I'm basicly doing this for a small party so it's not even meant to be a "nice" costume and I don't wanna put an extra money into it. So yeah. Egg Whisk=Dalek Gun?

Also: Since my question is quick. General Dalek cosplay thread?

E. Hyde
04-03-2011, 09:29 AM
I've seen at least one dalek girl use a whisk with her costume, it definitely works. A paint roller looks a little more accurate but also takes a little extra work since those don't come with a straight handle.

Hynoxolus
04-03-2011, 09:08 PM
I used a paint roller + dowel rod + hot glue for mine. Very effective!

GraelynRose
04-03-2011, 09:50 PM
Put two etheric beam locators on your chest! :D

I'm trying to think of what household items you can use as the balls.

EDIT: If you have 16 or 20 oz plastic bottles lying around, you can cut the rounded tops off, cut the lips off, and use them! It will be far from perfect, but you'll get the point across.

vampricyoda
04-09-2011, 07:10 AM
But Screamedwhipser. Then I'd be The Master. Not a Dalek. Though if I had a full enough beard I might be tempted to be The Master. But only classic Master I was not a fan of his newer incarnations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do-wDPoC6GM (For you Who fans who didn't get the reference)

I was actully thinking of getting a wheelchair (I see them at thriftstores enough) and tring to put cardboard around it to make a Davros Chair. (Plus I can reuse the Wheelchair for Professor X if I so desire). But we'll see.

PosiTori
06-14-2011, 04:07 PM
There are clear plastic spheres that they sell at Michaels/Joanns. They're already cut in half so all you have to do is spray paint and glue to a surface. Or at least that's what I'm doing.

Stormraven24
06-15-2011, 07:58 AM
^That's what I'm using. I like them a lot better than the idea of stress balls or styrofoam simply because they look nicer (imo). You do have to keep in mind that if you use them down the back you won't be able to sit (unless the skirt is like uber short).

PosiTori
06-15-2011, 09:35 AM
You can always build your *dalek panels* into actual skirt panels....like Astrid's skirt in How to Train your Dragon. But if you are making a dress, that might not work for you.

CoolBowtie
08-30-2011, 01:18 PM
I made a Dalek dress and you definitely have to work around the sitting down issue. My skirt had two layers, so I could remove the top one (for sitting for a long time) or just pull it up a bit (it was only knee-length).