PDA

View Full Version : Shooting at schools and churches?

FuntomKitten
04-03-2011, 06:52 PM
<Apologize if this is in the wrong area, it seemed right.>

Alright, after looking through the 'Abandoned buildings' thread, I'm hesitant about looking into taking photoshoots at a few different locations.
1) School. By NO means am I going to try to enter any school for pictures, but I mean around it and on the outside grounds, after school hours. Ours has amazing, eerie locations everywhere, so I was wondering if there could be any issues.
2) Church. Okay, my sister's church also has amazing 'right-out-of-the-anime' locations, but I'm not sure about what's okay, though. Again, this won't be when anything is going on.

Thanks~

kiratsukai
04-04-2011, 03:03 AM
When in doubt ~ ask.

Call them up and ask if its okay to take personal photos on the property. If they want more specifics, be courteous and truthful without shooting yourself in the foot with detailed explanations of things likely to be misunderstood. Answer any direct questions truthfully, let them place restrictions if they want to and accept an outright denial when/if it comes.

In the land of lawsuits, the property-owner is King.

levelsixtyseven
04-05-2011, 09:52 PM
points for kiratsukai!

Definitely ask if you're going to a public place such as a school or a church. Even if no one is around knowing you have permission to shoot there will get off anxiety. It's their property not yours! Always know that.

-Nayami-
05-30-2011, 04:49 AM
I've done a D. Gray-man photoshoot in a church before. I definitely agree with those above - ASK.

Our photographer shot an email over to the people who ran the church, pretty much stating that we wanted to have a costume photoshoot and asking if that would be alright. She did tell them that we'd look "weird," haha. We were met by the pastor who walked us through the church and showed us some spots that might work for our photographs, as well as spots that he did not want us taking pictures at (he wanted us to keep the altar out of our shots, for example). Stay respectful and professional if given this chance.

hydro86
05-31-2011, 12:00 PM
I think church photoshoots are always so majestic, but it is always good idea to give these places alittle heads up

OGIGA
06-05-2011, 04:29 PM
I'd definitely advise asking someone at a church. Even though lots of people go there, it's private property. And if you ask, they might even let you take photos indoors. ;]

SteamedRice345
06-05-2011, 07:00 PM
Churches are great places for photos, just as long as no one's inside or outside praying ^0^ wouldn't wanna distrub someoone while their praying :3 And as the other's said,permission is good too ^0^

FIREFLY FLAME
07-24-2011, 01:02 PM
It depends on the rules really at my school if your there after hours you get arrested and if you’re on the church ground your arrested just make sure it ok

Ends Beginning
07-29-2011, 01:53 PM
Ask and make sure you are kind and truthful.
There is a church near me that I've used for many photoshoots, but it's not a normal church. It belongs to the general public and the town it is in. It once belonged to a small town that was flooded when a large reservoir was made. The church is now the only part of the twow left above water. It has no doors or windows and is a popular site for photoshoots of all kinds. I'm actually planning a trip to it very soon for a photoshoot for my Vincent Valentine cosplay.
So if you have a chruch in town that's not being used. Like a town landmark that no longer hold functions consider asking someone at your City Hall about it.