PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else going to Animazement alone?

emoninja
11-01-2003, 11:52 AM
Hey. This is my first post here and Animazement '04 is going to be my first con. I live in a small town and there aren't many people around here in to anime, so unless something changes over the next few months, chances are I'll be hitting it up by myself. I was just wondering if anyone else would be doing the same. Maybe those of who are could meet up or something at the con.

Ookami05
11-01-2003, 11:27 PM
Hmm I'm going with my friends but they're gonna only stay for a day (I'm staying all 3) so they're gonna leave me (those bums :P) lol you can meet up with me anytime during the con, im always up talking and stuff.

evaneko
11-06-2003, 04:42 PM
Hmmm... I may be by myself for part of the time depending on what's going on with my friends- but if you need someone to hang out with you can talk to me. ^-^ I would be more than happy to meet up with you if you don't have anyone cool to hang out with. ^-^

j-chan
11-07-2003, 03:31 PM
I go with my parents, but they usually shop at the malls during the con. :D I may meet up with my anime club there, though. And of course I'll get to see my uberpal, Jana. <3

I should drag Molly along. :x

DDR Faery Spice
12-01-2003, 02:09 PM
this is wierd. I know alot of people at AZ, but 90% of the time I'm wandering around by myself. >.< Anyway, I'm always free for anyone to hang out with--and you're always welcome to join me in my elevator. XD

Farmboybob
12-01-2003, 02:50 PM
No, you can join me in MY elevator! :D

Giant Alucard
12-01-2003, 10:52 PM
I don't even know if I'll even fit in the elevator anymore, lol.

Link Arroway
12-02-2003, 10:10 AM
all your elevators are belong to the link, arr har har, yeah I know that was lame, but what? :D

farmerboy: teh ceiling!!!!

liz-maru
12-02-2003, 03:28 PM
Ookami05 you know your gonna chill with me and my friends so your not going to be alone ^-^ and anyone who wants can chill as well lol!

Link Arroway
12-03-2003, 10:15 AM
Ookami05 you know your gonna chill with me and my friends so your not going to be alone ^-^ and anyone who wants can chill as well lol!
chilling is always fun :D especially if there is food around

nixxer
12-03-2003, 12:12 PM
Im driving up alone, but Im meeting my friends there. If AZ goes like Neko did then I'll probably wonder around by myself a bit, its around that time you can find me bothering the artist alley people and talking to strangers like Ive known them forever. But Im huggably cute so its ok ^_^ So if anyone finds me and wants to hang thats cool. Im thinking for most of the time I'll be either Ginji or Sasuke. There is another costume my friend is planning on making for me, but I wont worry about when Im going to wear it till its done, which wont be for awhile. No rush on it either, theres still plenty of time left.
and yeah, chilling is great when you're fed...Im hungry right now...think I'll go get a snack *wanders off* la la la

liz-maru
12-03-2003, 02:40 PM
lol link ^-^ your silly hehe!! you better be more talkative this year or ima get you! heeh!

Gunner Rikku
12-05-2003, 03:34 PM
I have to head to cons with people, because I never learned to drive. (Which sucks, because if I don't have a ride, I wouldn't be able to go.) Only thing is I never end up going with any of my friends, just with some people that want me to show off their costume(s). I'm planning to make my own costumes for the con next year, so I honestly don't know how they're going to feel about that. It does kind of suck though since none of my friends ever want to go to an anime con. I actually figure if I can't get a ride this year, I'll just take the bus to Animazement. Haha, yeah, here all the way from western North Carolina. (Whoo) Whatever works though, I'd go to every con in the world if I could.

I'd also be glad to meet you up there if you'd like. I usually don't have anyone to walk around and talk with until a while later. I just end up making friends later while in the con. Just as a warning that I glomp people dressed as anime characters that I'm very fond of. ^_^

Ookami05
12-05-2003, 05:24 PM
^_^ liz we're gonna be crazy there XD I think one of my friend's is staying all 3 days too. lol hopefully we wont go bankrupt again XD. Oh yea sorry about not being on msn messenger much, i forgot my password XD. I'll make a new one soon

Gunner Rikku
12-05-2003, 05:46 PM
*remembers the fact that she had 10 dollars to spend at the last anime con she went to*

Dude, I feel rich :D *goes to make Chii ears to sell..*

Ookami05
12-05-2003, 06:35 PM
lol i think i had $20. I bought a manga (Kare Kano) and a Haro pet. My friend bought a Haro pet too. Also another friend bought one. And lastly one of my friend's bought a RahXephon artbook. At that time we couldnt afford a pizza XD lol I left saying "I should've bought a weapon instead" lol they were like buy one get one free O_O XD

Gunner Rikku
12-05-2003, 10:03 PM
Buy one get one free? o_o Well damn, too bad I didn't have more money :p Now that I think of it, I really didn't have any money the last time, except for maybe a dollar. I just went out to eat with some of my friends and paid them back a bit later. Ooo and what's a Haro pet? ^_^ Just wondering :p

Ookami05
12-06-2003, 11:21 AM
lol its the little bouncy ball things from the gundam series. I think its more popular in Gundam Seed, cause thats were me and my friends recongized it. It was pretty small and you push the button and it makes a noise. There were different types tho. I gava mine to my friend as a going away present cause she went to the Philipines. lol there was also a Big one that was an alarm clock but it was 40 bucks. i was like O_O!! *broke*

Gunner Rikku
12-07-2003, 10:39 PM
CUTE :D! I want one of those o_O I have this obsession with talking/squeaking plushes that are way too adorably cute and would make hearts fly across my head if I was in some type of cartoon/anime. o_o Infact, I want a talking Chocobo plush :D! Dude, I'd be in heaven for like the rest of my life then. :P *has a giant stuffed Chocobo in her room.* Gosh the last anime con I went to they barely had anything out of the ordinary o_o Infact, they didn't have anything out of the ordinary at all, unless I was completely missing some things. I saw every item I would see from a normal anime store... and nothing more (last con: AWA)

DDR Faery Spice
12-08-2003, 02:38 PM
hey, if you were at awa, you had to have seen some wierd things...do you remember a bunch of drunken guys with t-shirts that said "sake ninjas" running around?? lol Anyway, I'm working on making several costumes for AZ. I'm going to be in either a FFVII cosplay group or a .hack//SIGN cosplay group, and I'm busy making Rikku's X-2 costume as an actual swimsuit. So I can, like, just yank off the skirt and go diving into the pool. I really wanna go swimming this year!! =^.^= Nyo! I really wanna get a plushie as well...I have no plushies at all. But yeah, you're all welcome to chill with me, I'll prolly see you at one point or another...I stand out a LOT in my DDR Faery costume. Just a warning though: I like glomping people in general, and I get grabbed and glomped alot. I don't mind, though. And I have this wierd tendency to bite Hamtaro plushies....^^;

Ookami05
12-08-2003, 05:43 PM
Hmm is it gonna be warm enough to go swiming this year? I think it was pretty warm last year, but i didnt go swimming XD. It would be cool to have a swimming costume XD

Bankotsu
12-09-2003, 11:18 PM
Well I think I only know maybe 1 or 2 people who are goin to AZ, so if you wanna hang out with me thats alright. I'll probably just be wandering around for the 1st day trying to get a feel for the place, speaking of which I need to find some roommates. As it stands I'm paying for a room by myself, and thats definitely not something I'm lookin forward too lol

Tsuchi
12-11-2003, 05:09 PM
Hey you couls always hang with meh. I don't really have anyone to go with...corse i have to have meh parents or meh bro there cus meh rents are like " NO, you're to young to cross the street alone" -.-" but they won't be at the con at all (makes them go stay at a motel 6) Anyway i am meeting one person there who will more than likly ingore meh. So Just find the Girl dressed as Taki (2np) From Soul Cailibur 2 XD

JoeBoeing
12-27-2003, 11:22 AM
I'm planning on going as well and this will be first out of state con. I already have a room and a plane ticket but my going depends on if a girl I want to see is going or not.

I am looking for roomies though and I have the room from the day before the con the leaving the day after the con.

As for costumes, I'm most likely bringing my White Mage, Junpei from Digimon Fronteir and maybe Zidane from FFXI if I get him done in time. I might even put together a random Man Kitty.

From,
Joe

SpikeSpiegel
12-27-2003, 07:19 PM
If I actually go I'll probably be alone. It'd be nice to go with someone or at least meet a group of people there to hang with.

DDR Faery Spice
01-03-2004, 10:09 PM
just so everyone kows, Chiki-chan and I have already planned a pool party...most likely Friday afternoon. ^^ There will be muffins and cake!

Neko Cathy
01-21-2004, 10:12 PM
Bringing one friend w/ me or my parents will not let me take their car (my car, being old w/ LOTS of mileage, will not make it down w/out breaking down)

Dougystyle79
02-06-2004, 10:52 PM
Yeah I'm doin the same thing... goin by my lonesome's to the con and all. I'm right now just debating on who I'm going as (Between Wolfwood and Ryuho from Scryed)... that and if I'm going to stay longer then 2 days and if I'm gonna get a room instead of driving to and from the con.

Hey. This is my first post here and Animazement '04 is going to be my first con. I live in a small town and there aren't many people around here in to anime, so unless something changes over the next few months, chances are I'll be hitting it up by myself. I was just wondering if anyone else would be doing the same. Maybe those of who are could meet up or something at the con.

Prof Farnsworth
02-08-2004, 08:22 AM
I too, am from a small town. I know of only one other person who is interested in cosplay, and she's not going this year. If anybody needs a ride and they live near Yanceyville, or on the way, let me know. I would probably prefer rooming with someone else, as $87 a night ain't bad, but I'd rather not have to spend 261 bucks on a room. So if anybody has space, or would want to collaborate on getting a group thing going that'd be great. I'm not sure how many people can fit in a room, my guess is 4, with cots, more.

This is my first convention and it would be really nice to have people to meet there and go around places together. If any one knows of such a thing, let me know. One of the disadvantages of living in a small town, is that when you go to events like this, one can sometimes feel isolated and get the feeling that everything's just passing you by. Or maybe that's just me? Anyway, you get my drift. I would prefer not being alone and/or having nothing to do. There, I said it! :-)

Lovelyangel_81
02-09-2004, 09:47 AM
I am going alone, but I usually find some people to hang out with. :)

Bluemoon Shadow
02-22-2004, 02:12 PM
o_o This'll be my first con to. I hope I can go, knowing me, I'll end up in trouble right before it. n_n; I won't have anyone to hang around with, because I come from a small town too, and only one other anime fan exists that I know of. o_O Out of curiosity, how much money should I save? x_x

evaneko
02-23-2004, 02:46 PM
It seems like there are a lot of cosplay.com'ers that are gonna be going alone- maybe we could all arrange to meet up somewhere? Or wear a ribbon or something so that if we see someone we know they're from cosplay.com??

-=Faust_VIII=-
02-23-2004, 04:12 PM
I'll be with my anime club but I usually leave them to go search for peoples to talk to. I'd love to visit with you all ^_^