PDA

View Full Version : Amigrumi

SuperBee
04-05-2011, 07:43 AM
Or crocheted/knitted stuffed toys. Does anyone here make amigrumi? I do! Interested in sharing ideas?

Corunes
04-05-2011, 09:32 AM
I do, too! :D I'm a knitter and a crocheter. Unfortunately, I can never seem to finish many of my projects XD Although, I have made a stuffed cat and bunny. My friend (whom I taught how to crochet) has already made a bunch of crochet octopi and an America Mochi. XD I should really work on my stuff more... rather, I procrastinate... a lot... XD

My friend's Mochimerica~
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/089/8/6/mochimerica_by_mystery_dude-d3ctlks.jpg

Anyway, as for ideas, do you have a Ravelry account? they have a bunch of Amigurimi patterns for free. I think I'm going to attempt Jigglypuff since I got some pink yarn that I needed but I totally forgot what I was going to use it for, therefore, Jigglypuff shall be the product of it XD

Pocketfightr
04-05-2011, 10:14 AM
I do in fact crochet amigurumi. I go by Pocketpower on Ravelry. I don't make my own patterns but I try to at least embellish the ones I use if the character allows for it.

There used to be a couple other knit/crochet threads on here but they just keep dieing due to lack of inactivity.

SuperBee
04-05-2011, 10:51 AM
Yay!! I don't have a Ravelry account... I'll admit I can't read patterns, I kind of make up my own.... Here's an example:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-WaRSwksETWU/TZs8MbXXKyI/AAAAAAAAACw/42GuNQUOnZY/s1600/moomoosmall.jpg
I only know how to crochet. A jigglypuff would be cute! I have made a pikachu.

Corunes
04-05-2011, 01:18 PM
Aw, cute Amigurimi, SuperBee :D

I'm pretty pathetic at making patterns and reading them (in crochet, anyway) so I know how it feels :P

I think it's a shame these threads keep closing due to inactivity! More Cosplayers need to learn how epic it can be to know how to knit/crochet for their cosplays :) For example, I'm working on crocheting a kerchief for my cosplay now. So much nicer to make it myself with love than if it's made by a machine for twice the price.

I'll post some pictures of things I've made if I can find them :) I've also made stuffed animals from felt, and sewn them up, but I don't think they count as amigurimi.

SuperBee
04-05-2011, 06:29 PM
Aw, cute Amigurimi, SuperBee :D

I'm pretty pathetic at making patterns and reading them (in crochet, anyway) so I know how it feels :P

I think it's a shame these threads keep closing due to inactivity! More Cosplayers need to learn how epic it can be to know how to knit/crochet for their cosplays :) For example, I'm working on crocheting a kerchief for my cosplay now. So much nicer to make it myself with love than if it's made by a machine for twice the price.

I'll post some pictures of things I've made if I can find them :) I've also made stuffed animals from felt, and sewn them up, but I don't think they count as amigurimi.

Well let's keep this one open! And I agree... It is so much more rewarding making things for yourself. I have a whole basket filled with the critters I have made. I can post some more at some point. :) Looking forward to see yours might spark some inspiration to make some new ones.

Anmanda
04-06-2011, 08:47 AM
I've made a few, but crocheting and knitting aren't my strong sides really *gets annoyed too esily*..I rarely finish my any projects xD The ones I've managed to finish are either really small or very simple ones.. =u=

SuperBee
04-06-2011, 06:00 PM
I've made a few, but crocheting and knitting aren't my strong sides really *gets annoyed too esily*..I rarely finish my any projects xD The ones I've managed to finish are either really small or very simple ones.. =u=
Non-sense! Very simple ones can be made into nifty things. For example, a few balls put together can be turned into an octopus!

Corunes
04-07-2011, 07:03 AM
Sooo can I ask, what kind of crochet hooks do you guys use? Metal, plastic? I prefer metal/aluminum ones.

Pocketfightr
04-07-2011, 08:41 AM
I like the metal hooks with the wood handles. They seem to hurt my hands less than the straight metal ones. (Is too cheap to get those nice clover hooks or awesome Japanese ones.)

On the ami making front, I'm currently working on an ami of Apple Jack from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

SuperBee
04-07-2011, 12:58 PM
I use both metal and plastic but I prefer metal. I agree the metal ones do hurt, I have yet to find those with wooden handles.

Pocketfightr
04-07-2011, 01:20 PM
I want to say Hobby Lobby is where I was picking up the wooden handled ones. I'm fairly positive Michaels didn't, as I think I've been fooled into going there only to realize they didn't have the hook I needed.

I stopped using the plastic ones after I stepped on one and broke it. (My own fault, it had been on the floor for a couple days.) I think I broke another one just crocheting, before that. I tend to crochet very tightly.

Corunes
04-07-2011, 02:32 PM
I wish I could try some with wooden handles. Only ones around here are either plastic or metal, and can be a killer on my left hand sometimes (the ball of my thumb begins to ache). When I go home for spring break I'll probably see if I can buy some hooks with wooden handles, that hopefully don't cost almost 5$ a hook as they do here.

I also wonder what bamboo crochet hooks are like. I'm tempted to buy one to see if I like it better than metal, but I'm afraid it'll snap or something haha :)

As for my current project, I'll probably go to the store tomorrow to buy some white yarn to make a kerchief out of for my Chibitalia cosplay, and hopefully grab some yarn for some amigurimi penguins while I'm at it, too (you guys've made me have a sudden urge to go on an amigurimi spree :P).

SuperBee
04-07-2011, 07:20 PM
Hahaha sorry my fault I started it :P

I find that with the metal ones, if I am crocheting a lot I get a nasty blister...

CyberCandy
04-07-2011, 09:21 PM
I'm going to start making amigrumis soon :3
they are so kyuuuute~

SuperBee
04-09-2011, 01:01 PM
I'm going to start making amigrumis soon :3
they are so kyuuuute~
Post pics! :)