PDA

View Full Version : Sasuke crossplay

chibi-dj
11-01-2003, 02:19 PM
This is my first crossplay of Sasuke from Naruto, I plan to wear it at Nekocon, so any thing you can think of that might improve it would help out a LOT!

Binding hurts....>__<

Lynliss
11-01-2003, 07:07 PM
Your costume is a lot better than my 2-hour home-made one ;p
http://home.comcast.net/~melissacan/melissacosplay.JPG

(I have tons of mistakes ;p)
The only mistake I see on yours is that the bottom of the Uchiha clan symbol is round, not squared off. You can see my reference in the link above. Also, he has one more band of blue around his ankles. See my attached image of his shoes.

Good job!

edit: Uchiha in Japanese means spinning-top. That's where the symbol came from~ spinning tops are round (sometimes pointy) on the bottom tip ;p

chibi-dj
11-01-2003, 10:37 PM
Your costume is a lot better than my 2-hour home-made one ;p
http://home.comcast.net/~melissacan/melissacosplay.JPG

(I have tons of mistakes ;p)
The only mistake I see on yours is that the bottom of the Uchiha clan symbol is round, not squared off. You can see my reference in the link above. Also, he has one more band of blue around his ankles. See my attached image of his shoes.

Good job!

edit: Uchiha in Japanese means spinning-top. That's where the symbol came from~ spinning tops are round (sometimes pointy) on the bottom tip ;p

I like the cursed seal on the face! awsome idea! hmmmm...your right about the second strap on the ankels.....I missed that, the symbol too. Thanks for the tips!

Eleryth
11-05-2003, 02:24 AM
Looks really good to me.

The only things I would chage (it could be the lighting) is that the color of the shorts looks beige. I always thought sasuke wore white. As well, the arm sleeves don't look quite puffy enough, but look really good. Just a little bit bigger. When he is drawn, there are lots of folds that look fairly deep. Other than that, rock on. :)

PS: Thanks for the Uchiha thing. I suppose I could have looked it up (like I did for Kakashi)...but for some reason, never really thought about it. Now the design makes sense.

Lynliss
11-07-2003, 05:20 PM
Ahhh, my japanese friend made a mistake, she thinks Uchiha came from Uchiwa which means a fan! x.X That makes sense too. Not sure which one is fully right, because it looks like both. But I'd say fan~

Sorrie for mistake ;p

Pyochi
11-09-2003, 05:42 PM
It looks really good! just the color of the shorts, try changing them to white ^^
and good look with the cosplay! last month i cosplay as Naruto so you are my RIVAAAL damn Sasuke...

kerochan
11-10-2003, 09:51 AM
awesome job on the costumes! Even the shoes! I made my hinatas differently, but those are the next best that i have seen so far!

HowlinMadMurphy
11-14-2003, 08:46 PM
My biggest beef is the bangs, they're very blunt and square. You can ease this by buying thinning scissors and cutting diagonally or just cutting vertically (and carefully) with normal scissors. Then you'll probably be able to get that piecey razored/grown out effect :]

digikoomi
11-17-2003, 07:26 PM
eeeep cute X3

yukitoLeonheart
11-17-2003, 07:58 PM
hehe grins, you guys want to see a cute picture of the gorgeous Sasuke from the Convention.

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=94186&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

Te he........ We did a FAKE kiss as I asked, as she is too pretty for me and I like guys, but it looks oh so cute!

mae
11-18-2003, 12:00 AM
No, Uchiha >is< supposed to mean fan. The symbol is based on the type of Japanese fans that they use during the warmer seasons.