PDA

View Full Version : Naruto cosplay (Sand, Gaara)

OfTheSand
11-01-2003, 08:52 PM
Do you think it would be wrong for a girl that looks like a boy to cosplay as Gaara? Lol, well a few people have told me I could probably pull off the cosplay ok since my face kind of look's like his (more so if I do makeup stuff) my pic is in my avatar thing (and yes I do have his body size perfectly basicly and was wondering if it would be wierd to see a girl dressed as him at the con's since I will be at most of them from now on if they are in Canada/USA.

ServerKiller
11-01-2003, 10:36 PM
from your pic id say you would look like a good gaara. I have nothing against girls doing boys, just boys doing girls ;)

Gourry_Inverse
11-03-2003, 07:19 AM
"Do you think it would be wrong for a girl that looks like a boy to cosplay as Gaara?"

Its not even wrong for a girl to do a boy even if she doesnt look like a boy... but yeah guys who do girls are just... wierd... btw good luck with the costume if you do it.

Daala
11-03-2003, 07:51 AM
Whoa! I think you would make a great Gaara, I hope you make it I'd like to see how it turns out. ^_^

Shintsu
11-03-2003, 08:21 AM
HHHEEEHHH... Well, I cosplayed as Gaara about a year and a half ago .. (a really bad picture of it is in my costume list) If you want to do it, I'd say go for it, but do me a favor and don't crap out on the goard! DX DX
Start on it as soon as possible, because making one is paiinnnnfuull. o_o
Unless you buy a smaller one, for which I would have to kill you...
o_o
My sister thinks you have more of the facial structure of Orochimaru, though.(long w/ nice cheek bones..gaara has a really round face..) But obviously not so.. old. (okay, he's not THAT old, but he just won't die!)
argh.. that was supposed to be a complement.

Erikmeyer
11-06-2003, 03:37 PM
Wow Ofthesand, you really have the look of Gaara. When he isn't fighting, he looks cool, but when he begin to fight, he is very scary :eeek:

I think you'll be able to cosplay him very well :bigtu:

Good luck!

ShinobiChick
11-16-2003, 02:59 PM
Yah, u'd be great as Gaara... u dont have to do anything with ur hair, use some lipliner to pain the character on ur forehead, and ur set. I agree with ServerKiller too... I've cosplayed as Sasuke, Saiyaman, and Android 17 before. ^.^ But I draw the line when I see Sailor Moon ppl with beards. x_x' (click the attachment... that's me as Sasuke... sorry the camera sucks, so it's not that great. ~_^')

Bonk
11-16-2003, 07:22 PM
Shintsu's right, you do have a slightly Orochimaru-ish facial structure, but you still would make a good Gaara ^^.

Go for it! The world needs more Gaara cosplayers.

Now if only -I- had the skills to cosplay Gaara. -Sigh-. Though I look squat like him. Or any of the other Naruto characters. 'Cept for Sakura. But that's only because of my big forehead.

And gender doesn't matter too much when cosplaying, in my opinion ^^;. I have yet to cosplay a female character oo;.

Good luck, anyways!