PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Cosplay look (Sand, Gaara)

OfTheSand
11-01-2003, 09:03 PM
I did my hair a bit but it need's to be shorter right I know. And I also put black around my eyes, maybe need's more?(see avatar) for the veinyish look I guess I wont slepe the night before then apply a bit of white makeup, I know I am cosplaying as a guy but I am a girl, do I look like a guy?

chibi-dj
11-02-2003, 12:24 AM
I think it's almost dead on, just a bit of eye liner and your set ^__^

You're right about it needing to be a tad shorter, but not too much!

I had a friend cosplay as Garra, he did a good job of it too (a little to good if ya ask me)

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=92125&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

-Nayami-
11-04-2003, 10:35 PM
The hair should be a little bit shorter, and a little bit darker. The hair just seems a little too bright for Gaara.

However, with the eyeliner, it'd be very good. Can I also suggest darkening the "ai" tattoo a little, though? I think that would add to the costume a lot. And work on your creepy face--you make Gaara look way too nice ^_^

All-in-all, keep it up. And make sure you post it when you're done, as I'd really like to see it.

Pyochi
11-09-2003, 06:45 PM
i think you will look great as gaara! ^^ and don't worry of you don't look like a boy!! Im also a girl and I was naruto for my last cosplay xD

Gren
11-11-2003, 10:26 PM
Try using liquid eyeliner. It'll let you get a pure black without any smudgy fading around the corners. I recomend the stuff that comes in a little pot over the stuff in a tube.

Panda_Brat
11-29-2003, 12:25 PM
A guy cosplayed as Garret and the thing on his back was HUGE! >.< Your crossplay is good but could do with more eyeliner

Kasai
11-29-2003, 03:21 PM
You can never have too much eyeliner with Gaara. ^^ I think the hair should be just a tad darker, but it's great otherwise!

yukitoLeonheart
11-29-2003, 04:52 PM
I haven't done the costume, but check out my Gaara, I look way too much like him, we seriously are twins

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=98269&size=big&password=&sort=1&cat=500

edit: btw, don't fret, the best Gaara cosplayers are girls (actually one Japanese girl, she is AMAZING!) That and they did their costumes over a year and a half ago.

AngelicSorrow
01-07-2005, 10:16 PM
Whatever so far is the best Gaara is in the second post's link, but my bf will be better than you guys! *hearts&runs off*
Yes, I would suggest more eyeliner and maybe saving off your eyebrows since Gaara doesn't have any eyebrows, darkening your hair and the 'love' kanji sign on your forehead. Also, Your face is a bit too skiny for an evil man such as Gaara.
~Niko

phantomthief
01-07-2005, 10:43 PM
my bf will be better than you guys!

Yup ^.^ So is everybody else's boy/girlfriend

saving off your eyebrows since Gaara doesn't have any eyebrows,

Whoa... That MAY be going a little far just for this cosplay. Not having eyebrows is kinda... odd... for most people.

But for the look, I'd go to the Jrock/JPop Cosplay forum and look for the "JRock eyebrows, How do they do it!?" (Or something like that :thumbsup: ) and there are a couple good suggestions on making your eyebrows much less visible :)

bit too skiny for an evil man such as Gaara.

Well... Honestly... I doubt there's anything she can do about that...

I love the hair color, but yeah, his is a bit darker and shorter... And it's spikey-death XD

As for the eyes, I also suggest liquid eyeliner. It's much more noticable than normal eyeliner and often stays on longer. Gaara has very defined dark circles around his eyes. The 'love' kanji is a major character point, so it must be BRIGHT and noticable :D

Good luck with your cosplay!!! :skidude2:

~Ari-chan

CasualVillain
01-08-2005, 12:23 AM
I think you make a great Gaara so far just by your picture. Though your features are very feminine, I think you'll do a fine job with this cosplay.

Kuruma
01-09-2005, 10:26 AM
It's awesome, haha.

Usually I'd suggest Gaara cosplayers to go with a blonde wig or dye, since red is almost always tacky/amateur-ish on them, but not you! It's perfect ^^

As for the eyeliner, go crazy with the top and outer corners of your eye, but avoid putting too much on the inner corners or at the bottom. Thats a big mistake that Gaara cosplayers usually make. What works in anime won't necessarily work in real life~

Saaski_Moql
01-11-2005, 06:16 AM
I also agree that you should darken the eyeliner a bit, and circle the eye mith it, but as Kuruma said, I strongly suggest you don't put on so much. Sometimes Gaara cosplayers put on way too much and end up looking silly.
The hair is a perfect red in my opinion (although it could be a bit shorter. If you mess it up a bit, I'm sure that'll work), and other than that just darken the 'ai' symbol more.

^^ Good luck with it. I look forward to how your Gaara turns out.

Kasui_Enoki
01-11-2005, 01:08 PM
I've been cosplyaing Gaara for a year now, so I understand everything you're asking about..

Eyeliner: It's best to pile it on, even if you think it looks odd. The best thing to do is do the outline with a eyeliner pencil, then use the black halloween make-up crayon. It's thicker, darker, and goes on a lot better.

Hair: it's always best to have short bangs. If you get it cut, ask the person to cut it in short layers, that way it'll naturally spike up sorta. And the color, just make it a tad darker. My hair was a darker red, but I sprayed a thin layer or temporary hair dye over it. It works as hair spray and gives it an extra color boost.

If you're wondering about eyebrows, do NOT shave them off... Just get the waxed as thin as you can, the put a layer of make up over them.... They may not go away completely, but it's much better than waiting for your eyebrows to grow back, especially if you're planning to cosplay someone else very soon.

Here's a couple of my Gaara photo's if you want to see:

Gaara 1 (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=246878)

Gaara 2 (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=246716)

☆Skull Rabbit☆
01-12-2005, 01:12 AM
you realize this thread was from 2003...?

yukitoLeonheart
01-14-2005, 04:04 AM
This thread was from 2003........... They actually already had a contest and the best Gaara turned out to be a girl named Yukiko I think. She REALLY did look like him and went to school dressed up as Gaara when it was Halloween..... 2004.

http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?userid=10624 that would be the winner of the Gaara look alike as well. Her hair just is too cool.

~Yukiko~
01-14-2005, 09:51 AM
Haha, this is what I get when I search my name in the forums. :O

yukitoLeonheart
01-14-2005, 10:30 AM
I know, right. If I ever searched my name and it came up as best "some anime character that a lot of people do but I was the best at" it would make my day.

~Yukiko~
01-14-2005, 06:44 PM
So far this is the only one. XD I was hoping to find someone badmouth my costume out of jealousy... Or some other emotion... Because it would make me laugh. A lot. But they didn't. :( Oh well.

☆Skull Rabbit☆
01-15-2005, 02:02 AM
yuki I'll kill you, made the worst Gaara ever. tch. my brother and his pimply back loves you :heart: he love you many pimple years YO.

yukitoLeonheart
01-15-2005, 02:31 AM
I agree, worst Gaara ever. <3 You are too cute actually, people would be like "aw, you can kill me anyday you sociopathic cutie"

~Yukiko~
01-15-2005, 11:46 PM
Hahaha we should tie your brother down and slice off his pimples. Or maybe just take the skin off his back. Then roll him in sand. OHhhh. He'd never be the same.

I know, I'm the worst Gaara ever. I mean, I'm fat, ugly, my costume is inaccurate, my sash isn't leather, and my hair was too red. DAYUM DAT SUCK ASS NIGGNIGGGGGG.
Actually I am the best on the planet. Anyone dares.. something.. me... dies. Yes. And maybe I'll kill you tomorrow. :O If you want. :)

Tsu
01-25-2005, 02:59 PM
maybe saving off your eyebrows since Gaara doesn't have any eyebrows

Actually there's no need to "shave off" your eyebrows. You can simply hide them with some makeup. Usually a mix of spiritgum, brow wax and foundation/cover-up will work. *nods*