PDA

View Full Version : Fem Doctor!

Emmala
04-08-2011, 11:37 PM
So my friend and I are considering going as lady versions of 10 and 11 for Chicago Comic Con this summer.

I would love any ideas you guys might have for designs c: I'm going to be going as 10, and I'd like to have mine going in a kind of sexy, girlier direction.

My friend who is doing 11 is open to any ideas.

So...suggestions?

Aoipeach
04-30-2011, 08:52 PM
I'm actually working on a mockup of a lolita 10th. When i was designing it i had to major thoughts that i tried to keep in mind:
What would a suit look like in lolita dress form?
What would the Doctor wear if he was a girl and wore loli?
I have a sonic screwdriver headdress and all =D

Just in my opinion, you should think in terms of what would the doctor wear if he were a woman, what would capture his personality and style and make him recognizable without making it look like a crossplay? This is definitely one of the harder characters to do this for i think =X

Sorry I'm not very useful

StrawberrySiren
05-12-2011, 08:08 AM
Honestly, when I thought about this, I just imagined the Doctor wearing the same suit and chucks (if you want it to be sexier maybe a heeled sort like one (http://stock-compare-zara.tk/429102-ash-flirt-kitten-heel-sneakers.jpg)of these (http://fashionbombdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/Rihanna-Ash-Sneaker-Heels.jpg)). Except with a skirt. That seems likely to me. You better be able to run though haha.

For good old Matt Smith. I could see the bow tie and a tweed jacket and suspenders. Maybe shorts? I feel like the 11th Doctor would be a shorts sort of girl.

itsaduckpond
05-17-2011, 02:39 AM
i just finished my eleventh doctor genderswapped! it consists of high waisted shorts with a sort of sailor buttons up the front (two rows of buttons? idk what this is called), tights with a zig-zag pattern, blue striped shirt, and of course the suspenders and bow tie and my tweed, which isn't actually a tweed but a thin dress jacket with a tweed pattern that i got from... some fancy store at the mall. the shoes are these brown boot heels, or high black boots with a small heel - i haven't decided yet. i actually have the fabric of his shirt from the fifth series, i just didn't have time to put the shirt together since i have a bigger project i need to finish.

as far as ten goes, i plan on making a genderswapped for him and i was thinking of a pinstripe, high waisted pencil skirt and matching jacket. and maybe chuck high heels? idk, it's still in a rough idea area. i also like the idea of a genderswapped ten in skinny pinstripe pants.

Captain_Rachel
07-14-2011, 03:43 PM
I personally cosplay a Femme!4 and I helped a friend of mine construct a Femme!5. For Femme!4 I only have 2 changes that I make to my "regular" 4th Doctor Costume: I add a skirt and wear sandals. That's it. My skirt is a long brown one that's loose and my sandals are just plain black ones. If it's cold I wear the shoes that I normally wear as 4.

My femme!4 costume was born out of the desire to go to a dance as 4, but not wanting to die of heat stroke. I had a little brown skirt, so I declared I was femme 4 and didn't overheat. When I made my more "permenant" costume for Femme!4 I replaced the short skirt with a longer one, both because I'm not comfortable about how my legs looked and because by that time I'd gotten a longer coat, which would have made the short skirt look weird.

I personally think that as long as you keep the colors and patterns of the male Doctor present in the female you're okay. You could even keep the entire costume the same and just not care about your boobs. If the people notice your boobs, then your femme. If they don't then your normal.

Fenix42
07-31-2011, 03:08 PM
I've cosplayed a fem!Eight for a couple of cons (which, I've realized, I'm not too recognizable since Eight himself really isn't either sadly...^^; ) Will probably have to do some more research for modifying this costume, but I tried to stick with the Victorian look for my femme version, and his outfit is from around the same era. Anyway, what I did was found a lower cut pattern for the waist coat and for the coat, I added some pleats in the back (not seen, but one of my favorite bits of the costume) and made it a bit shorter. However, I really want to modify the velvet coat one more time...

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2892729/