PDA

View Full Version : 19 Dayyyssss......................................... .

trixyloupwolf
04-09-2011, 11:29 AM
LAST MINUTE PREPARATION.......

thing i wanna do:
EAT AT ANT TACO BELLLLLL (hope we see one in the travel^^)

seee friends ^^ i miss them a looot
doo alll maskerade ( no history ^^)
do pannel @_0''
try to go to new york too would be fuuun^^

you what you do not wanna miss nya!

supergeekgirl
04-09-2011, 12:41 PM
Oh, glory. I've only just finished Misha's underwear. I have so much to do.

trixyloupwolf
04-09-2011, 05:03 PM
me too me too ^^ so stuck on my vamopire one nya!!!! silly me =-='''' stuck stuck =-= hope i can finish in time and stop being stuck in like how do i do =-= arrgg!!
but ill try my best hehe^^

hang on people^^

alpha_helix
04-09-2011, 10:38 PM
Oh, god, that means it's 17 days until my stupid thesis is due. Eeeek!

Though, costume wise, I'm not stressed at all. My hat for the Saxon gown is about half done (and I started Thursday, so it'll be done soon), and I still need to do some adjustment on the Zelda costume. But eeeeek thesis eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek.

*collapse*

khenemetset
04-10-2011, 09:24 PM
It's really nice not to have to worry about anything this year. :)

supergeekgirl
04-11-2011, 09:54 AM
I'm just glad this isn't like some of the past projects where, two weeks out, there are still things we aren't sure how to do (i.e. when we made Pit and King Dedede for Archon last October). It's really just a matter of sewing and painting at this point. All of the logistics and research are done, done, done.

My husband is working on his medals today. I'm still puttering away on my shirt which seems to be the most difficult part of the costumes. It's my first time making what should be a simple button-down shirt, but they're really quite complicated for no good reason.

Of course, it's not helping that I've decided to finish every seam this year and don't yet have a working serger. Doing French seams on my slip and welt seams on my brassiere took a long time. Thankfully, most of the other pieces are lined, so finishing the seams is not a big deal.

RaDragon76
04-12-2011, 11:16 AM
Without any competition pieces this year minus the doll contest. I'm all set. I still have a hall costume to finish up and the doll contest piece is close to being finished but I'm not stressed over it. Last year at this time I was still trying to finish things so this is loads better.

alpha_helix
04-12-2011, 11:22 AM
Hat: just needs feathers!
Thesis: Finished the first round of editing!
Doll costume: It's been done for a while, but I'm not sure if I feel like it's competition worthy. It's pretty, but not all that special. Hmm.

von Drago
04-12-2011, 12:30 PM
Of course, it's not helping that I've decided to finish every seam this year and don't yet have a working serger. Doing French seams on my slip and welt seams on my brassiere took a long time. Thankfully, most of the other pieces are lined, so finishing the seams is not a big deal.

Why do you need a serger for finishing seams? Are you working exclusively with knits? Which can still be finished with a regular machine but I understand that sergers do very nice knit seams.

French, flat-fell & welt seams are tedious but very nice looking & historically accurate for many things.

von Drago
04-12-2011, 12:33 PM
I'm still puttering away on my shirt which seems to be the most difficult part of the costumes. It's my first time making what should be a simple button-down shirt, but they're really quite complicated for no good reason.

When I was in high school button-down oxford shirts were all the rage. And a huge pain even before you had to deal with dozens of buttons. They should be simple but definitely aren't.

von Drago
04-12-2011, 12:35 PM
Hat: just needs feathers!
Thesis: Finished the first round of editing!
Doll costume: It's been done for a while, but I'm not sure if I feel like it's competition worthy. It's pretty, but not all that special. Hmm.

Yeah thesis!

Aww, put the doll in the show! Pretty is good.

supergeekgirl
04-12-2011, 02:35 PM
Why do you need a serger for finishing seams? Are you working exclusively with knits? Which can still be finished with a regular machine but I understand that sergers do very nice knit seams.

French, flat-fell & welt seams are tedious but very nice looking & historically accurate for many things.

Yeah, that was to finish my rayon knits. I did it with my normal machine's faux serger stitch, but I'm not sure if that will look accurate enough. I finished the bra and the shirtwaist last night. From this point on, everything is lined, so no more worries about the seam finishes. :)

von Drago
04-12-2011, 08:28 PM
Yeah, that was to finish my rayon knits. I did it with my normal machine's faux serger stitch, but I'm not sure if that will look accurate enough. I finished the bra and the shirtwaist last night. From this point on, everything is lined, so no more worries about the seam finishes. :)

If you can show in your documentation that an overlock stitch was standard for the period, fabric & garment, then just state that you attempted to re-create the look of an overlock stitch without an overlock machine.

It shows that you know what is correct & tried to re-create that within certain limitations (not owning an industrial overlock machine, for instance).

khenemetset
04-14-2011, 12:01 PM
Don't suppose anyone knows what the room total is for 3 nights and 4 nights? I tried calling the hotel to find out and I've not gotten a person yet aside of the one that transfers my call. I know it's a 109 a night, but I've never been good at figuring out the stupid hotel tax and money is really, really, really limited.

von Drago
04-14-2011, 12:09 PM
Don't suppose anyone knows what the room total is for 3 nights and 4 nights? I tried calling the hotel to find out and I've not gotten a person yet aside of the one that transfers my call. I know it's a 109 a night, but I've never been good at figuring out the stupid hotel tax and money is really, really, really limited.

We're staying 5 nights and it's just over 600, I think it rounds out to about 125 a night with taxes & stuff.

khenemetset
04-14-2011, 12:32 PM
Okies, thanks. :)

Is that with parking included or just with the taxes?

von Drago
04-14-2011, 03:42 PM
Okies, thanks. :)

Is that with parking included or just with the taxes?

Parking is 10 a night in addition.

Ironhill
04-16-2011, 09:30 AM
Less than 2 weeks left. I'll be sewing all weekend but should have everything done.

trixyloupwolf
04-16-2011, 10:05 AM
only 12 day left nyeah!!!

alpha_helix
04-16-2011, 05:53 PM
The Saxon gown is done! I still need ears for Zelda, though I'm not sure I'll be able to get them. They're a bit more expensive than I expected (not even including shipping), and I'm not even sure I'd be able to wear them, anyway (the complicated ear piercings I have are irritated, and I'm not sure they'll be calmed down enough in time). Le sigh.

trixyloupwolf
04-16-2011, 09:17 PM
nya!!

futur fashion folio almost done ^^(95% done yeah)
single pattern (93% done)
fantaisie (always just missing one thing 96% done)
hat (98% done)
doll(0% done)

video(100% done and sent of course nya^^)

wooo 6 competition iam soooooo crazy haha

but iam just too exited to see all my friend
wich i could not name all haha^^
but a few name

nora-bruce-dawn-gravely-maral- nya!!! and sooo many name waaa
running around by chance ill be extra bussy this week ill barely sleep a biiig week for my job^^
until friday (off day and sath too soo will be 2 day to work on my stuff again nya!!)

and you and you !!!
aren't you exited too ^^

khenemetset
04-16-2011, 10:47 PM
Sadly, RaDragon and I won't be able to make it this year. Everyone have fun!

trixyloupwolf
04-16-2011, 10:50 PM
aww hug!!

alpha_helix
04-17-2011, 02:34 AM
Sadly, RaDragon and I won't be able to make it this year. Everyone have fun!

Aww, I feel ya, man! This was me last year, and, since 2012 and 2013 will be out west, very likely will be me again.

*sends love*

supergeekgirl
04-17-2011, 10:33 AM
Aww, I feel ya, man! This was me last year, and, since 2012 and 2013 will be out west, very likely will be me again.

*sends love*

But they'll be out the in the WILD WILD WEST!!!! Sorry, this excites us beyond belief. An excuse to go to Arizona!

trixyloupwolf
04-17-2011, 10:46 PM
wish it was not so far =_=
i will miss all my friend ==-== iam sad that its far =-=
but nya ill think hard about all in those 2 years ill be missing costume con

why so far snife =_=(i know some live there no worry hehe^^)

nya hug