PDA

View Full Version : How possible do you think this costume is?

Keldren
04-10-2011, 12:43 AM
I am going to attempt to make Ragnaros from Warcraft. I have experince in costumes, design, and electronics ( for the obvious LEDs that would be involved). I was wondering what other people's opinion of how possible this costume could be.

Link to image of Ragnaros below.

http://www.twilightguild.org/images/screenshots/Ragnaros.jpg

Akiyhrah
04-10-2011, 12:55 AM
Anything is possible if you're willing to put the time, effort, and money into it. :3 Good luck with this; I look forward to seeing how it turns out!

Kelley
04-10-2011, 12:58 AM
Pretty much anything is possible.

I would, however, link to the image because it's so big (and breaks my screen, even though it's on a pretty standard modern resolution for a laptop). :)

It all comes down to skill, time, and budget.

Kell-chan
04-10-2011, 02:40 AM
Anything is possible if you're willing to put the time, effort, and money into it. :3

And honestly, there's a little more involvement than a few LEDs. Not trying to hate, just statin' the facts. I'd LOVE to see this, but man...it's a tough call. Good luck, man. I'm rootin' for you.

Kelley
04-10-2011, 02:50 AM
I would guess this is in the $10,000+ range to do film quality.

So... um... totally good luck. I don't mean that in a discouraging way, just that this is a job for a master crafter - like the people that made the innovative costumes for the Silent Hill movie and Pan's Labyrinth and the like. It's a lot of work, time, skill, and requires a big budget budget.

You could take a different approach - modifying the costume to make it more practical to make and less expensive, but I don't know how much you could shave off the cost. Depends on what you want it to look like in real life.

dbchan
04-10-2011, 12:31 PM
I look at that and even I feel daunted.

However, I think it's doable. It would probably be similar to tackling something like a terran marine- alot of armor like pieces. You'd probably literally end up in a suit of some kind. You'll have to think about the scale (if you want to tower over people like rag), how to connect the pieces to eachother invisibly, the overall weight of the costume. you might want to consider more industrial methods, like casting from molds. it would help keep the weight down and let you cast identical multiples of some things, like arm or leg pieces.

It's a big undertaking, but if you've got the time and money go for it. I would love to see something like that come to fruition.

Takahiro
04-15-2011, 04:38 PM
Good luck making this, I think that it would be AWESOME to see but I think it would be a pretty hard task to accomplish.

Oliv
05-22-2011, 06:36 PM
That can be awesome costume, but it will be very difficult I think :<
You can try to make new Ragnaros model :D
http://worldofwarcraft.pl/wp-content/uploads/ragnaros21.jpg
Here he have legs :D
GOOD LUCK!

Maryssa
05-22-2011, 10:09 PM
That's not the most current model of him though.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-u-Icv9CjM8A/TcK7PWpVI6I/AAAAAAAAAyk/_if3LniYiq4/s400/ragnaros2_42.jpg