View Full Version : Is there a formal name for Yajirobe's kind of robe?

04-12-2011, 11:57 PM
Thanks in advance for your time.

I'm going to my first convention in June and though I'm not fully decided on a character I'm leaning towards Yajirobe* as I have similar hair (in terms of length and flow) and though the majority of my build is actually muscle/bulk I think the stocky look works well when contrasted with his overall plumpness. I don't really have any experience with physical crafts nor do I have the dexterity for them so I intend to purchase as much of the costume as I can from regular/online retailers (it helps that I'm in NYC of course as there are plenty of asian specialty shops around), I'm not totally opposed to doing minor work on things but this is my first time cosplaying and as such I'd prefer to keep things simple as I'm really just testing the waters so to speak.

My group of friends and I already are kinda attached to the idea of me going as Yajirobe but I haven't been able to find anything online that looks at all similar to his robe. I even checked the Wikipedia article on Japanese fashion and none of those items looked like a good match. So I figured perhaps somebody here might know where I should start looking. Any suggestions? Even the name of for that particular style of robe would be helpful. ^_^'

*For the curious the other contenders were Gluttony from FMA, Jigo from Princess Mononoke, Mordecai from Fire Emblem 9, Heavy Weapons Guy from TF2 and Pence from Kingdom Hearts.

silver yami
05-29-2011, 02:33 PM
Here you go. It sounds like it is a komdo to me.


The other link is the one where they have people cosplay as Yajirobe.