PDA

View Full Version : Characters you love that everyone else hates

Axelai
04-13-2011, 01:15 PM
As a counter to this thread (http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=238796), lets bring in some character love, shall we? :D Lets see if love and happiness can overpower the hate thread! But I highly doubt it OTL

So for me~

Everyone seems to hate Dawn in Pokemon. She's actually not too bad, especially if you watch the Japanese version. She's like, the female version of Ash from the first season. Its pretty interesting to watch, especially if you notice how mature Ash is in comparison to her. Her existence just shows everyone how much Ash has grown over the course of the series <3

Also, everyone hates on Bella from Twilight. While I can see why (especially with the fad to hate all things Twilight), I actually didn't hate her too much. I did in the movies, but thats because they killed her character. She was a dorky, clumsy, half goth girl. The movie turned her into... some weird, awkward... thing. I hated it. But in the books, she was actually a bit entertaining at times. I thought she was fun. (But I do admit the books suck, she is a Mary Sue, and Edward is a sparkly fishie. But I don't hate Bella like everyone else does)

I also like Amy Rose from Sonic. She's such a stalker, its hilarious. And I also love her due to playing her so much in Sonic Adventure 2 Battle... and winning the races, regardless of her being the slowest playable character :3 <3

I also see people hating on... a LOT of Hetalia characters. I like them all (except Liechtenstein). :I They're fun <3

DireKitty
04-13-2011, 01:17 PM
I like Liechtenstein.

It's a small country. That makes it cool.

I'm hosting a Hetalia photoshoot, and I don't know anything about it. =D

Axelai
04-13-2011, 01:22 PM
I like Liechtenstein.

It's a small country. That makes it cool.

I'm hosting a Hetalia photoshoot, and I don't know anything about it. =D

I like the country itself. Her character just bothers me XD;; Cute country, though. I've seen pictures :3

...go photoshoots XD

Brutal
04-13-2011, 01:24 PM
As a counter to this thread (http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=238796), lets bring in some character love, shall we? :D Lets see if love and happiness can overpower the hate thread! But I highly doubt it OTL

So for me~

Everyone seems to hate Dawn in Pokemon. She's actually not too bad, especially if you watch the Japanese version. She's like, the female version of Ash from the first season. Its pretty interesting to watch, especially if you notice how mature Ash is in comparison to her. Her existence just shows everyone how much Ash has grown over the course of the series <3

Also, everyone hates on Bella from Twilight. While I can see why (especially with the fad to hate all things Twilight), I actually didn't hate her too much. I did in the movies, but thats because they killed her character. She was a dorky, clumsy, half goth girl. The movie turned her into... some weird, awkward... thing. I hated it. But in the books, she was actually a bit entertaining at times. I thought she was fun. (But I do admit the books suck, she is a Mary Sue, and Edward is a sparkly fishie. But I don't hate Bella like everyone else does)

I also like Amy Rose from Sonic. She's such a stalker, its hilarious. And I also love her due to playing her so much in Sonic Adventure 2 Battle... and winning the races, regardless of her being the slowest playable character :3 <3

I also see people hating on... a LOT of Hetalia characters. I like them all (except Liechtenstein). :I They're fun <3

Dawn and Amy Rose kick ass! I think Dawn is awesome. She's way cooler than any of the last female main characters in Pokemon. My girlfriend says I have a thing for the bad characters because I always go for villains/neutral characters. I don't like them because they're villains or anything I just think their personalities are more realistic than heroes. Oh one of the characters that I think is pretty cool that's extremely hated is Uchiha Sasuke even though I think every character's fan base is kinda mixed, but I think he would count.

lightning-rose
04-13-2011, 01:25 PM
so everyone was bashing lightning and the cast of final fantasy xiii. I personally love the game and characters and the storyline so everyone who bashes them can go suck a big one. Damn that's mean but they shouldn't bash on that game i love the game. i will throw down someone if i get into a debate with someone about ffXiii i will break out my sabre from color guard and slice and dice. then i will get my whole color guard team with flags and rifles and beat them up. I get the only sabre because i'm a beast. Breaking out a can of whoop butt. But the point is i love final fantasy thirteen and everything about it. square enix made a good game.

lightning-rose
04-13-2011, 01:28 PM
my favorite character is Lightning Farron (Claire) from final fantasy xiii

HidingintheMist
04-13-2011, 01:28 PM
Alucard and Anderson from Hellsing. I've heard some saddening things in the past. :c

so everyone was bashing lightning and the cast of final fantasy xiii. I personally love the game and characters and the storyline so everyone who bashes them can go suck a big one. Damn that's mean but they shouldn't bash on that game i love the game. i will throw down someone if i get into a debate with someone about ffXiii i will break out my sabre from color guard and slice and dice. then i will get my whole color guard team with flags and rifles and beat them up. I get the only sabre because i'm a beast. Breaking out a can of whoop butt. But the point is i love final fantasy thirteen and everything about it. square enix made a good game.
Woah O___O

pltshp
04-13-2011, 01:34 PM
Shadow the Hedgehog.

Well, people in Sonic fandom seem to hate him but then again they hate anything in 3D which has Sonic with green eyes, so whatever. But the general consensus about Shadow is that he's just another Sonic but with extra emo and a ~tragic storyline~. Well, he's my emo. I was glad to see someone in the series with more to him than "I run really fast and I'm always happy WHERE ARE MY CHILI DOGS TAILS?!".

And I know of a fair few people who hate Gary Oak but for stupid reasons, like AshxMisty shippers not accepting AshxGary or whatever. So I don't even pay attention to them. Come back to me when you have solid reasoning, okay.

Ritsu H Saotome
04-13-2011, 01:46 PM
Claude Faustus and Kyubey :3

TR Rose
04-13-2011, 01:53 PM
I'm trying to think of any character I love who is hated...

The closest I can get is a character who's ignored more than anything else. Kris, the playable female trainer from Pokemon Crystal, the girl with the cute blue ponytails. Poor girl has only appeared in a single game and didn't even make it into the remakes - and I remember being so excited when she appeared for the first time because you could FINALLY play as a girl! I think she's the only playable Pokemon trainer who straight-up looks like an anime character, with her awesome blue hair and all. Everyone else has much more natural colors, which is why I'm guessing they replaced her.

It seems that the people who like her *really* do, and don't seem to care for the new girl character they replaced her with in the remakes.

Ragtime Mouth
04-13-2011, 01:53 PM

You can't take someone's dislike of something you like personally, not a game at least, it's just silly. Shouldn't be on this thread either. Even criticism on things I made don't irk me, for something you don't make, you shouldn't care about anyone else's opinion if you enjoyed it.. nor should you ever get defensive or judge anyone by what movies, games, books ect.. they like and dislike. If everyone were the same, thing sure would be boring, cosplay would be as varied as black and white checkered tiling. Someone who hates Lighting could love Snow, or vice versa, works well in photos, though. Others could love Dissidia, but hate some of the final fantasys, does it make a difference? :drunk:

doxiequeen1
04-13-2011, 01:57 PM
Hmm, I guess Lelouch, I just really like him, but I've only ever seen him get hated on :(

Also, Shirley, maybe it's just my friends but they don't seem to like her. I think she's nice....

I also really like Light (death note) who everyone thinks is an ass xD

Yukikittie
04-13-2011, 02:21 PM
Shirley from Code Geass.
Alois from Kuroshit II.
Takano from Higurashi no naku koro ni.
Light from Death Note.
So much hate. ;~; I also hate it how I like all the bad guys. It's not like I'm rooting for them or something, I just admire how evil and cunning they are.
But I mean come on now, Shirley didn't do anything wrong. She was only in the way of your damn Lelouch/Rolo pairing, admit it. >_>

EDIT;
WAIT, can we do VOCALOID too?!
If that's the case, Miku, and Lily.
First of all, Miku can not be a bitch because canon-ly she is a voice and nothing more. There is no set personality to her. Same with Lily.
Although I honestly just think it's the 'New VOCALOID syndrome', where a ton of people are like, "OMG THIS VOCALOID SOUNDS/LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE BLABLABLA, Y U NO MORE CREATIVE?!"
FFFFF-

DireKitty
04-13-2011, 02:43 PM
I liked Lelouche (loved him)... and i guess people don't really dig him.

daylight
04-13-2011, 03:37 PM
Sakura Haruno from Naruto-
Although allot less people hate her now, I still liked her back when everyone else hated her(if that counts?) and I see why people hated her at first, and I really didn't like her ether but after she cuts her hair and that whole time they are in the "forest of death" she shows amazing character development and from chapter 53 on I absolutely love her.
Allot more people like her after the time skip, but she still scores way below the rest of the main characters in the annual popularity polls.

Xion from Kingdom Hearts-
I mean, I know that whole game is a mess but I seriously didn't think Xion was any of the things people call her. She is essentially Sora's memory of Kairi, so she behaves allot like how I imagine Kairi would (and I like Kairi). I thought she worked hard, loved her friends, and made a sacrifice for the greater good.

Suou Pavlichenko form Darker than BLACK-
allot of people didn't like Suou, or the whole second season of Darker Than BLACK, and yeah, it wasn't that great but I never saw any problem with Suou, aside from any normal quality a young teenager might have.

noctiluca
04-13-2011, 04:02 PM
Shinji Ikari from Evangelion. Maybe not "love", but I liked him.

Nanami and Saionji from Utena. I really love Nanami, she is one of my favorite anime characters. And do most people not like Anthy? Because she's up there at the top. Brilliant character.

I'm sure there are others, but those are the first that come to mind. I don't normally keep track of what's un/popular in all this stuff.

Axelai
04-13-2011, 04:12 PM
Shirley from Code Geass.
Alois from Kuroshit II.
Takano from Higurashi no naku koro ni.
Light from Death Note.
So much hate. ;~; I also hate it how I like all the bad guys. It's not like I'm rooting for them or something, I just admire how evil and cunning they are.
But I mean come on now, Shirley didn't do anything wrong. She was only in the way of your damn Lelouch/Rolo pairing, admit it. >_>

EDIT;
First of all, Miku can not be a bitch because canon-ly she is a voice and nothing more. There is no set personality to her. Same with Lily.
Although I honestly just think it's the 'New VOCALOID syndrome', where a ton of people are like, "OMG THIS VOCALOID SOUNDS/LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE BLABLABLA, Y U NO MORE CREATIVE?!"
FFFFF-

Takano~!!! I hated her in Higurashi, actually, until I played through Umineko. Now... I love Takano to death, oh my god <333333

I'm trying to think of any character I love who is hated...

The closest I can get is a character who's ignored more than anything else. Kris, the playable female trainer from Pokemon Crystal, the girl with the cute blue ponytails. Poor girl has only appeared in a single game and didn't even make it into the remakes - and I remember being so excited when she appeared for the first time because you could FINALLY play as a girl! I think she's the only playable Pokemon trainer who straight-up looks like an anime character, with her awesome blue hair and all. Everyone else has much more natural colors, which is why I'm guessing they replaced her.

It seems that the people who like her *really* do, and don't seem to care for the new girl character they replaced her with in the remakes.

Kris ;A; I love both her and the new girl. But Kris will be my love forever <3

Gypsyangelf4i
04-13-2011, 04:58 PM
Naruto...sorry,but I'll always be a Narutard :p

dagmarus
04-13-2011, 05:07 PM
Derek Reese from Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. I loved his arc up until they whedoned him.

Chaletica
04-13-2011, 05:18 PM
Well, I don't know about "hated", probably more like "underrated", but I think Waluigi(from the Mario games) is awesome. However, it seems many people seem to see him as an "unneccesary, pointless side character" or something. Well... I also hate how he's only playable in spinoffs(which, aside from Mario Kart, I don't play), there's just so much wasted potential with the character... not as much as a cameo in a non-spinoff! But otherwise than that... Waluigi is cool.

I can only hope for a Waluigi game... or at least a semi-important minor role for him in a non-spinoff Mario/Wario game.

kiratsukai
04-13-2011, 05:27 PM
Yuno from Magical Lyrical Nanoha.

Apparently enough people disliked him that he was written out of StrikerS almost entirely in spite of being the main love interest. NanoFate shippers practically want the poor thing dead.

But goddamnit, how do you hate a practical little man who gives up his uber-weapon to an elementary schooler because he recognizes he kind of sucks at using it, defies gender roles by becoming the token "staff girl" AND the "library wench" and periodically turns into a ferret?!

Is Yuno not adorable, balanced, helpful and kind?

I can only chock people hating him up to reverse yaoi syndrome: the desire to destroy every remotely threatening opposite sex character in a predominately single-sex desireable-character buffet.

But wait -- Nanoha is like... EIGHT O-o;;; ARGH! Why is anyone threatened by ferrets over 8 year olds?! I don't get it.

Yuno Love!!!!!
YUUUUNO!!!! *clutches stuffed toy*

DireKitty
04-13-2011, 05:32 PM
I LOVED Yuno... he was awesome... i can't believe people hated him!!!!

UsakoLuna
04-13-2011, 05:40 PM
Xion. I <3 her. I cried so hard at the end of KH:358/2 Days. (the fact that it was 3am may have played a small role)

lightning-rose
04-13-2011, 06:55 PM
You can't take someone's dislike of something you like personally, not a game at least, it's just silly. Shouldn't be on this thread either. Even criticism on things I made don't irk me, for something you don't make, you shouldn't care about anyone else's opinion if you enjoyed it.. nor should you ever get defensive or judge anyone by what movies, games, books ect.. they like and dislike. If everyone were the same, thing sure would be boring, cosplay would be as varied as black and white checkered tiling. Someone who hates Lighting could love Snow, or vice versa, works well in photos, though. Others could love Dissidia, but hate some of the final fantasys, does it make a difference? :drunk:

yes i overreacted and don't tell me what to do. but thanks you made a point that i shouldn't judge others for bashing. well i see the errors of my ways so thanks. i apologize to everyone for being a be-otch. so sorry. your right about one thing i liked the game and to not care what others think. so i don't care what those people said. I love final fantasy xiii lightning especially.

DireKitty
04-13-2011, 07:23 PM
Lighting was cool, Hope and Vanille were annoying at first, so was Snow to some extent, but they all grew as characters and I started to like them more. Sazh (sp) was always cool though. By the end I liked them all.

Divinita Lunare Aria
04-13-2011, 07:58 PM
Vaan (FF12). Everyone I know just doesn't like him :/ It's either "He looks silly" or "He's annoying" I love Vaan :'D

He's the only one I can think of at the moment, but I'm pretty sure I'm missing plenty xP

Shana05
04-13-2011, 09:52 PM
Misa from Death Note. She's annoying sometimes but most of the time I find her hilarious. She adds some much needed comic relief. I also believe she is a lot smarter than she seems.

kittymutt
04-13-2011, 10:27 PM
Excalibur from Soul Eater. XD

SakuraxTsubasa
04-13-2011, 10:28 PM
EDIT;
FFFFF-
YES. I don't even understand why anyone can hate Miku. I mean, I hated her at first, because it just sounded weird to me.....but that's it.

I liked Lelouche (loved him)... and i guess people don't really dig him.
I WAS BAWLING AT THE END. My cousin liked him too.
Misa from Death Note. She's annoying sometimes but most of the time I find her hilarious. She adds some much needed comic relief. I also believe she is a lot smarter than she seems.
I love her and her fashion sense. I think a lot like her sometimes, so it's hard for me to hate her.

Honestly, I tend to like characters that are cute and obnoxious to the point where people hate them. XD
Lizzy from Kuroshitsuji? Only character that comes to mind right now.

Edit:
OH MY GOD. ILIA. I loved her! I don't understand how people hated her....;-; My own friends included...

Kesra
04-13-2011, 10:32 PM
Padme and Anakin from the prequel trilogies.

Okay, yes Natalie Portman had pretty much checked out by the third movie and Anakin was a whiny bitch but I still liked the characters a lot. In fact, I love the prequel trilogy.

Dr. Manhattan from the Watchmen. Yes, he's a jerk. But I feel bad for him x.x Everyone I know hates him.

Jean Grey gets a strong opinion on both sides. I love her though. She's my favorite (I'm a Phoenix fanatic)

Firefly026
04-13-2011, 10:50 PM
Rossiu from TTGL. Sure, he kinda freaked out for a little while near the end of the series, but he totally redeemed himself. I always liked him, and I always will <3 He was awesome.

Hope from Final Fantasy XIII. He was my favorite character. I thought his development was awesome, and I just don't understand why people don't like him. Oh well.

Aurora's Heart
04-14-2011, 12:31 AM
First off thank you Axelai for making this thread. :D

Kairi!!!!! OMG, my whole con seemes full of Kairi hatters with 1% acctually liking her. I think it's mostly because they are huge yoai fans, but I'm sick and tired of hearing that she's boring, lazy, stupid, gets in the way, etc. I could spend an entire post on why her character is esential to the whole game. For one, the first game would have had no point as Sora would have no reason to go from different worlds except to get Rikku's head back on straight. Not to mention the whole trinity thing that is so important to the game (yes Sora, Kairi and Rikku are a trinity not just Sora, Donald and Goofy) and any one can see she is the LIGHT that helps bring everyone back from the darkness. I blame square-enix for being afraid of giving her a bigger role and making a female lead long before Lightning stepped on the scene. I'll just leave this here and save the rest for a rainy day. ;)

Winry!! Why the hate? She is like one of the good things about FMA. She helps break up all the serious drama and sometimes desturbing moments. She stands up for what she believes in and won't let anyone sway her from her goal. It's also kinda refreshing to see Ed, Al, and her acting like they don't have to worry about life and death situations every once in a while.

Yuna! I only have issues with her in FFX-2 and I'm not alone there. I think she is a great character to have and the love story with her and Tidus is great as well. Personaly I like Rikku better, but it's only cause she's most like my personality. Yuna has a great personality and even though she can only summon, her summons can kick major but. Have you used Anima?

Yuffie,and Tifa are really fun to fight with. Yeah Yuffie is annoying at first, but she grows on you. Tifa is just all around awsome. I was begging Cloud to ditch Aeris for her.

I think that's all I can think of right now. I may come back. (hopefully I made sense and wasnt too disjointed ;))

Kesra
04-14-2011, 12:37 AM
Winry!! Why the hate? She is like one of the good things about FMA. She helps break up all the serious drama and sometimes desturbing moments. She stands up for what she believes in and won't let anyone sway her from her goal. It's also kinda refreshing to see Ed, Al, and her acting like they don't have to worry about life and death situations every once in a while.

Winry really shines in Brotherhood, I think. She was more or less there to be 'the girl' in the first animated series. All she really did was cry and hit Ed with a wrench. In Brotherhood though you get to watch her grow into a very strong young woman. I really enjoyed her so much more in Brotherhood.

toshirua3846384
04-14-2011, 12:47 AM
I kuwabara from yu yu hakasho; however people totally rag on him back when i was in middle school, mostly about his voice and his attitude. I dunno i think hes cool.

Axelai
04-14-2011, 12:50 AM
Rossiu from TTGL. Sure, he kinda freaked out for a little while near the end of the series, but he totally redeemed himself. I always liked him, and I always will <3 He was awesome.

I didn't think I could love you more, Firefly. But I do now <33333

Rossiu is like, my biggest bro ever. I can't stand how much hate he gets. OMG. Like, he did the most rational thing in the second half and everyone hates him for it. REALLY. IF YOU DIDNT KNOW THE WORLD RAN ON AWESOMENESS, WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE DONE IN HIS PLACE? D< *kicks babies*

I love him <3

LeekFish
04-14-2011, 12:50 AM
Excalibur from Soul Eater. XD

OMG EXCALIBUR. <3

Also seconding/thirding? Winry. <3

Not so much hated as just under-appreciated, but Iroha Nekomura (http://vocaloid.wikia.com/wiki/Iroha_Nekomura) (the Sanrio and AH-Software collaboration Vocaloid). I love her character design to death and her voice really surprised me! She's not all high pitched like you'd expect; her voice is so pretty. Yet I can't find a single cosplayer of her (though I can see why; must be killer to make her helmet and hand-speakers. xD) and she has hardly any music. I love her so much, I wish other people did too. ;A;

I WILL find a way to cosplay her! ...Somehow. Eventually. >A>;

Firefly026
04-14-2011, 01:00 AM
I didn't think I could love you more, Firefly. But I do now <33333

Rossiu is like, my biggest bro ever. I can't stand how much hate he gets. OMG. Like, he did the most rational thing in the second half and everyone hates him for it. REALLY. IF YOU DIDNT KNOW THE WORLD RAN ON AWESOMENESS, WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE DONE IN HIS PLACE? D< *kicks babies*

I love him <3

8D <33333

AND IK. He only did what he thought was right, and then apologized. I MEAN WTF. HE'S A BALLER. Haters need to stfu.

Crusader_8
04-14-2011, 01:02 AM
Light from death note. Because he changes throughout the story whereas L stays the same old L. Light is more dynamic, and not as obvious as L in character role.

Axelai
04-14-2011, 01:13 AM
8D <33333

AND IK. He only did what he thought was right, and then apologized. I MEAN WTF. HE'S A BALLER. Haters need to stfu.

I MEAN, SHIT, HE TRIED TO KILL HIMSELF HE FELT SO BAD. HOW DOES EVERYONE STILL HATE HIM!?

I don't even know. I love him. DX

ShadowYazoo
04-14-2011, 01:44 AM
Xion. She is a complex character, and she knows what is important to her. Xion treasures every moment spent in this world, despite all the hardships.

Arc_The_Lad
04-14-2011, 06:12 AM
Luigi

Axelai
04-14-2011, 12:30 PM
Luigi

People hate Luigi? D: He's my fave. ;A;

FalconW
04-14-2011, 10:15 PM
Shelke from FFVII: DoC. I don't know why so many hate her. I like her overall character and her outfit is awesome. Though not really a fan of the Shelke x Vincent pairing.

Arc_The_Lad
04-15-2011, 04:49 AM
People hate Luigi? D: He's my fave. ;A;

Why do you think he is always the getting shit on in the games?

Taokaka
04-15-2011, 07:37 AM

Rossiu is awesome! Though I'm not gonna lie, when he got punched I laughed XD

Howard Link from D. Gray-Man. Pretty much everyone hates him just cause he has to watch Allen. He's just doing what he's told.

Android raptor
04-15-2011, 07:59 AM
Oh, pretty much all my favorite characters, especially my Gundam ones. Ghinius Sakhalin, Quess Paraya, Kishiria Zabi, Giren Zabi, Cima Garahau (granted the fandom is more split 50/50 on her, but still), hell it might be easier to name the characters I like that *aren't* treated as the devil incarnate by the fandom. Quess especially is one of the most despised names in the Universal Century, so much so that I've been insulted because oh noez, how dare someone like *her*! And Ghinius is my favorite to end all favorites, so imagine how well that goes over with people who refuse to see him as anything other than a 1-dimensional monster. I've essentially been told I'm stupid for liking a character "no one's supposed to like" and that I should like a more worthy character like Char or whoever.

On a related note, I have a friend who likes and cosplayed Relena who got harassed out of a Gundam Wing meet for it. They told her to "come back when you cosplay someone who's actually cool!" or some shit. When you hate a character so much that you harass and insult people who cosplay her, you have a problem. Seriously (granted the Relena hate in general was/is taken to ridiculous levels, especially in Wing's hayday. All because she got in the way of a largely imagined yaoi pairing :/ ).

Lithium Flower
04-15-2011, 07:59 AM
All the J-Horror long haired, soggy, bumbling about, Japanese ghost girls. I friken' love them.

and Rodney from the LXG movie.
I think I am actually the only one ever who liked that film, and owned the comics.

Firefly026
04-15-2011, 09:44 AM
Rossiu is awesome! Though I'm not gonna lie, when he got punched I laughed XD

Howard Link from D. Gray-Man. Pretty much everyone hates him just cause he has to watch Allen. He's just doing what he's told.

Yay more Rossiu love!!! *high five*
Lol that punch was... just epic.

& I love Howard Link T^T I thought he was cool.

makinonight
04-15-2011, 11:42 AM
Alois from Kuroshitsuji II.

Oh gosh. It's amazing how people around me hated him because he wasn't "an original". Really? That's just ridiculous. Then the whole poking-out-Hannah's-eye thing in the very first episode. To be honest, that's how I came to love that little blonde. ;)

Claude Faustus from Kuro, too.

Again with the whole he's not an "original" and that "he's trying to be like Sebastian" crap. As much as I dislike him for doing what he did to Alois in episode 7-8, I love his character. That's what I call a demon!

Oh! I love Kurumi from Kimi ni Todoke.

I always see her get so much hate for just liking Kazehaya and wanting to be with him. Of course she also did bad things but come onnnn. I love her character because it's so...real.

Flora88
04-15-2011, 11:47 AM
I love Rossiu from TTGL. Hey, man, he was just making decisions. He was being a politician. And he even felt bad about that shit.
And I love Rossiu and Kinon. My boyfriend and I are totally going to cosplay them one day.

I love Tingle from Zelda. I mean, seriously, any Tingle cosplayer has to have balls the size of Europa. He's just so creepy and weird! I love it.

HidingintheMist
04-15-2011, 12:24 PM
Shelke from FFVII: DoC. I don't know why so many hate her. I like her overall character and her outfit is awesome. Though not really a fan of the Shelke x Vincent pairing.

Yay! Another person who liked her!

zizi994
04-15-2011, 06:03 PM
I kind of hate Amy specifically because of SA2:B. XD I have a friend who every time we played that game she's Amy and I'm Shadow. And she beats me EVERY TIME. I got so angry at her once from the fact that she kept winning that I hit her in the head with my controller. o.o And I am NOT an angry person.

Um, Near from Death Note? Not that I particularly like Death Note (good show, just the hype's kinda ruined it for me), it's just when I first watched the show I thought Near was pretty awesome. Lots of people say it's because he was just replacing L but maybe it's because I knew L was gonna die from the beginning? On the reverse of that, I thought Mello was a creeper but everyone's in love with him! So weird.

Not that people really hate him, they're just creeped out by him, but I love Kimbley from Fullmetal Alchemist. : D Which is strange, since usually with villains like that I'm like "WHY WON'T YOU JUST DIE?" XD But he's just so creepy and awesome, especially in the manga! : D (In the anime he just pissed me off for trying to blow up Al. >: (

And like Flora said, Tingle from Legend of Zelda. Why does everyone hate him so much? He helps you out and he's just made of awesome.

Oh, sorry if I spoiled anything for anyone. ^^;

hollowchrist
04-15-2011, 06:48 PM
Sailor Chibi Moon // ChibiUsa from Sailor Moon. She's actually my first cosplay. e.e; I used to hate her - but it was because of the dub's use of her character. They turned her into this horrid, horrid brat that was just horrible and her voice actress scared and confused me, because I kind of liked her but I kind of didn't. It's like having mixed feelings about nails on chalkboard. D: But her character in the original was much better and I related to her a lot more, she was much more mature and fun. But most people cannot stand her for the same reasons I used to hate her.

And pretty much everyone from DragonBall Z. ;3 I noticed they were getting some hate in the other thread. But I love DragonBall Z.

ARIADecember
04-15-2011, 07:01 PM
Tadase from shugo chara, I don't see why people hate him. I usually see them call him "gay" but he likes amu. Then people complain how he only loved "amulet heart" but what he really like was amu showing her true self for a second. People also bash him for being to girly, well he is just a elementary school student, he is still growing (notice how he gets taller then amu) he is a very nice guy, that stays by amus side. And when he crys people bash him, he is just a lil kid, who acts beyond his maturity level, that there is impressive, when he is stressed or upset, let him cry and act his age for a lil bit, no need to bash him.

Iroha Nekomura, already said,I think people didn't like her at first is because they were exspecting kei's design to be it. people also complained how low her voice was and didt match the design, well I like it, not all girls are high pitched. Then people bashed about her design.... Personally it's pretty original. I like iroha, I hope I see cosplays of her soon.

Taokaka
04-15-2011, 08:19 PM
Yay more Rossiu love!!! *high five*
Lol that punch was... just epic.

& I love Howard Link T^T I thought he was cool.

*high fives back* It was epic.

Yay, Howard Link love~ *high fives again*

Axelai
04-16-2011, 09:12 PM
I kind of hate Amy specifically because of SA2:B. XD I have a friend who every time we played that game she's Amy and I'm Shadow. And she beats me EVERY TIME. I got so angry at her once from the fact that she kept winning that I hit her in the head with my controller. o.o And I am NOT an angry person.

XD Thats exactly why i LOVE Amy. I always beat everyone as her. And they get SO mad. Especially if someone chooses Sonic, she has to squeal "I'm going to do my best, Sonic!"

Love her.

FunnyValentine
04-16-2011, 10:40 PM
I love Kagome from Inuyasha. I kinda disliked Kikyo in the beginning because I was all noooo Inuyasha love Kagome...and then my feelings changed.
I love Tamaki from Ouran High School Host Club. Everyone only really cares for the twins and honey.
I love Haruhi from Melancholy of.... Her and Kyon remind me of me and my boyfriend when I went to high school.(please notice I said remind and not that we are identical) I was usually up to crazy things, did what I wanted, and said what I wanted, but my poor boyfriend had to go around apologizing for my behavior. XD
I love Sephiroth, hate on it.
Oh, and I love everything about Sonic and the characters.
I guess not many people like Bulma from DragonBallZ, but she's my girl. Oh, and Vegeta was my first anime crush and he's still awesome to me.

IAmShorty
04-17-2011, 01:02 PM
Orihime from Bleach. Seems alot of people hate her, and I can understand why, but I think she's cute. And she was the first character I ever wanted to cosplay so she holds a special place in my heart =]

Not that people really hate him, they're just creeped out by him, but I love Kimbley from Fullmetal Alchemist. : D Which is strange, since usually with villains like that I'm like "WHY WON'T YOU JUST DIE?" XD But he's just so creepy and awesome, especially in the manga! : D (In the anime he just pissed me off for trying to blow up Al. >: (
Yes! I love Kimbley! Most people don't so Im usually alone in my loving of him. But he is creepy and evil and thats awesome =D

Shana05
04-17-2011, 02:35 PM
I love Kagome from Inuyasha. I kinda disliked Kikyo in the beginning because I was all noooo Inuyasha love Kagome...and then my feelings changed.
Kikyo has a huge hatedom. I like her character in the flashbacks, when she was still alive. I do hate the reanimated Kikyo but not as much as a lot of people. I never hated Kagome but did find her annoying sometimes. Although Sango was always my favorite character.

tehkukikookie
04-17-2011, 03:08 PM
Man I love Rossiu. Sure, he looked like a major jerk, but he didn't do it for himself.

SpockKiriyama
04-17-2011, 05:31 PM
Toad from Super Mario Kart.

He was the same as Koopa, just with a different skin. Plus, when he was AI he had those annoying but awesome shrink mushrooms.

RinoaShadow
04-17-2011, 08:01 PM
KRORY!!!!! D':> (from D. gray man) I've mostly only heard hate from my friends and around the internet about him :'D they find him annoying, but i like his character xD it's cute how he doesnt know anything about the world at first and makes all these faux pas xD

and YAY! I see more people who like Howard Link!!!! admittedly, at first i was like "who the HELL is THAT >.>" but in the end i began to like his character more and still do, but tons of people still hate him >.> yeesh! i mean for doodley's sake-- i agree witht he previous comments... he's jsut doing what he's told!

ALSO. just about any female FF character (except Aeris :'D). they're COOL okay. Tifa isnt just boobs and a skirt! she's tough and sweet and caring. and I dont get all the Yuna hate either... whats with it? they're not annoying... in my opinion at the very least.

And still on FF, HOPE! he's little annoying at the start- but he was scared and his mum had just died! wouldnt you be a little bit cranky and scared?! D: his character developed quite nicely to me and he DID get over his revenge ideas.

Xion :(
a lot of people see her and think "Ugh, a FEMALE member of the organization? she must be a SUE!" or some crap like that. I like her character! >.< if you minus the emo time, she's actually pretty decent. also, if she were a male character, im sure tons of people would love her :S but yeah.

same goes for Kairi. I dont love her per se, but i have an appreciation for her that a lot of KH fans (often the more yaoi loving ones :'D) dont share xD a lot of crap is said about Kairi but come on... she's not too terrible is she?.... is she? S:

Taokaka
04-17-2011, 09:16 PM
KRORY!!!!! D':> (from D. gray man) I've mostly only heard hate from my friends and around the internet about him :'D they find him annoying, but i like his character xD it's cute how he doesnt know anything about the world at first and makes all these faux pas xD

and YAY! I see more people who like Howard Link!!!! admittedly, at first i was like "who the HELL is THAT >.>" but in the end i began to like his character more and still do, but tons of people still hate him >.> yeesh! i mean for doodley's sake-- i agree witht he previous comments... he's jsut doing what he's told!

Wha?! D: How can anyone hate on Krory-kins? I just want to hug him every time I see him!!! And him and Eliade are such a cute couple!

Yeah I admit too that I went "Wha, who the hell?!" After talking to one of my friends, he finally realized how cool Howard is!

Firefly026
04-17-2011, 09:52 PM

And still on FF, HOPE! he's little annoying at the start- but he was scared and his mum had just died! wouldnt you be a little bit cranky and scared?! D: his character developed quite nicely to me and he DID get over his revenge ideas.

... ;A; I love Krory!!!

AND HOPE. He is... amazing. Probably one of the better characters in FFXIII.
I thought he developed well, and I totally agree... He saw his mom die, do you really expect him to be all "Pfft, I'm over it." ?!

Yeah... Hope & Krory rule.

GraelynRose
04-17-2011, 09:56 PM
Rose Tyler (Doctor Who) - There's so much hate for her. D:
Son Pan (DBGT) - Okay. DBGT was pretty much all around fail. I still like her for some reason.

I'll add as I think of more.

doxiequeen1
04-17-2011, 10:52 PM
I'm not sure if this counts...But Eric from True Blood/Sookie Stackhouse Novels :3 I just loved him the second I saw him in the show, and then I read the books and like him even more.

But everyone seems to hate him :(

Firefly026
04-17-2011, 10:53 PM
@doxie: lies!!!! .... I love Eric ;A;

Cadmium Polyphony
04-17-2011, 11:12 PM
Naruto Uzumaki.

Most people follow the trend of hating the character, and while there are merits to following the trend when it comes to people cosplaying the character, I actually really admire the fictional character.

The drive, and motivation of him has managed to inspire me to pull myself out of more than my share of emotional funks and situational jams in my life.

kiratsukai
04-18-2011, 03:23 AM
Naruto Uzumaki.

I actually really admire the fictional character.

The drive, and motivation of him has managed to inspire me to pull myself out of more than my share of emotional funks and situational jams in my life.

I love Naruto. He's a spunky sweetie with real, relateable issues. As a junior high teacher, I know kids just like him and they make my life better for their presence in it.

RinoaShadow
04-18-2011, 04:21 AM
... ;A; I love Krory!!!

AND HOPE. He is... amazing. Probably one of the better characters in FFXIII.
I thought he developed well, and I totally agree... He saw his mom die, do you really expect him to be all "Pfft, I'm over it." ?!

Yeah... Hope & Krory rule.

Wha?! D: How can anyone hate on Krory-kins? I just want to hug him every time I see him!!! And him and Eliade are such a cute couple!

Yeah I admit too that I went "Wha, who the hell?!" After talking to one of my friends, he finally realized how cool Howard is!

Damn straight!! ><

and poor Krory and Eliade! D': when Eliade died i was just all "......Kroryyyyyyy!!!!!!!!..... ;o;" so huggable.

but i will say he's a little less huggable in the noah's ark thing :'D he got SCARY in that XD

RinoaShadow
04-18-2011, 04:51 AM
oh! and just since i've remembered~
VANILLE! okay, right, we get it. her australian accent is too much for some to handle- no need to insult or sometimes bash people with that accent (*cough-me-cough* xD)
but yeah. she's a little poppy and annoying but she's just being positive i guess :'D and BESIDES? Would it even BE a Final Fantasy without an annoying bubbly girl?!?!?!!?!?

and one final thing. she's not slutty for what she wears >.< it's part of her 'culture' and also it's based of off a real tribe-- the women of the Himba tribe. are they slutty? nope. it's jsut their culture. so stop calling vanille a skank :(

i dont 'love' her, but i have some sort of appreciation for her i suppose.

Arc_The_Lad
04-18-2011, 05:30 AM
I would like Final Fantasy more if it lacked a bubbly hyper girl.

Krille, Relm, Yuffie, Selphie, Eiko, Rikku, and Penelo can all go to hell. OK maybe not Relm, she's at least useful.

Rose of Battle
04-18-2011, 11:00 AM
A lot of people really dislike Colette from Tales of Symphonia. But I've always loved her. >___> She's not physically strong nor does she kick a lot of ass, but she's got a strong heart and the ability to smile and strengthen the whole party even when she's crying on the inside.

Also, Excalibur from Soul Eater. I think he's hilarious. I also think he's annoying, but it's more humorous that my friends despise him so much. XD

Let's see...who else?
Shinji - Evangelion
Suou - Darker than Black second season
Light - Death Note
Lelouch - Code Geass

And so many more...who are often villains.

Anmanda
04-18-2011, 11:14 AM
Yagami Light from Death Note, he's just too awesome. He get's waaayy too much hate.
Bernkastel from Umineko. She didn't appear too much in the anime, so I don't really think anyone who watched the anime hates her, but man, it seems like... every single person who read the Visual Novel hates her. I think she's a very intresting character, and she DOES have a reason why she's so cold hearted.
Also Erika Furudo from Umineko, I don't LOVE her, but she really made Umineko even more intresting so I don't dislike her either, I like her, that's it.

Ragtime Mouth
04-18-2011, 12:50 PM
Luigi from Super Luigi Bros. the unappreciated sibling, hated also in his own world. Luigi's Mansion needs a sequel, screw Supah Mario's Screwy Galaxy, I don't care what happens to the castle or Peach after 20 years.

Flora88
04-18-2011, 12:54 PM
IC's character made me think of one I also like that everyone else hates: Ino from Naruto.

She's bossy. In a good way.
Sure, she's vain. Sure, she's bitchy. But you know what? If she were a dude, everyone would love her.

SEXISM.

Cadmium Polyphony
04-18-2011, 02:44 PM
She's bossy. In a good way.
Sure, she's vain. Sure, she's bitchy. But you know what? If she were a dude, everyone would love her.

SEXISM.

For a second by your description, I thought you were talking about my girlfriend.

Kildread
04-18-2011, 04:57 PM
I really should post here --- I keep putting it off because : everything I love has a fan following that I know of, so it's not technically 'everyone hates them except me'.

Also, it's so much easier to talk about what you hate.

Jia Jem
04-18-2011, 06:00 PM
Admin

LOVEUlquiorra<3
04-18-2011, 06:03 PM
Yoko and Rossiu (YES) from Gurren Lagann. Most people I know hate Yoko because she dresses slutty. I think she's a strong female character who pulls her weight in the cast :B Same with Rossiu. I hated him at first...but then I didn't!!!

I also loved Shinji. Why all the hate? If I were in his situation, I'd probably go insane too.

Gabbyv23
04-18-2011, 06:27 PM
Reaver from Fable II and III. Oh. My god. like... ever since I saw him in Fable III I was like WANT. While he is a terrible person I just love him to death ^^"

and then... I don't really have any problems with Anzu in the original Yu-gi-oh! manga but idk....

Rouge from Sonic. I know she's a whorish bat girl, but she's one of my favorites :/ I really don't like ShadowXRouge though. I'm a KnucklesXRouge shipper... sort of...

Orihime Inoue! Come on she's not entirely useless! She's got... friggen fairies! plus she's cute, naive, and eats crazy foods :3

In Hetalia I like Sealand and Canada, but people don't really /hate/ them...
and also with ignored characters I like Haku, Zabuza (from Naruto), Xaldin (Kingdom Hearts. I love this british guy~), Meiko, Luka, and Gumi (Vocaloid)

Blah. I couldn't think of them all.

thatgalsagenius
04-19-2011, 05:25 AM
Rukia is awesome. Don't understand some of the hate.

And Suzuki Adelheid is so cool. Some people seem to hate her...?

Isuzu Rin Sohma from Furuba.

That's it..

Shana05
04-19-2011, 05:55 AM
Yagami Light from Death Note, he's just too awesome. He get's waaayy too much hate.

He is a very interesting character. In the second season, he really descends into madness but that's what drove the story. If I actually knew season 2 Light, I probably not like him but for the purpose of storytelling, he is great.

ashelia89
04-19-2011, 06:05 AM
I love Snow from FFXIII <3 <3 <3

kiratsukai
04-19-2011, 06:11 AM

B-B-But... WHY?!?! (O-O)

RinoaShadow
04-19-2011, 06:19 AM

Agreed~

sure his entire 'IMMA HERO!' spiel gets a little old and annoying (fast, i might add) but... hmm... he's just got some kind of likeable thing about him :'D

kiratsukai
04-19-2011, 06:29 AM
\(o o)/

But Snow is to masculine stereotyping what every bikiniclad staffgirl who only wants to be loved is to female stereotyping.

Of all of the characters in FFXIII he's the only one I can find not one single likeable thing about that isn't just a symbol of how MEN (in capital letters) ought to be: big, muscley, "cool", violent, brave, rebellious, protective, charismatic and dumb. He's everything Japanese boys are taught from birth is awesome and desireable about high school dropout bleach-haired jerktards... right down to the noisy, ostentatious ride and the cute, softspoken staffgirl girlfriend who just wants to be loved.

His character is about as deep as a steak being waved around on a stick.

Explain yourselves!
I am genuinely curious.

Ragtime Mouth
04-19-2011, 06:42 AM
\(o o)/

But Snow is to masculine stereotyping what every bikiniclad staffgirl who only wants to be loved is to female stereotyping.

Of all of the characters in FFXIII he's the only one I can find not one single likeable thing about that isn't just a symbol of how MEN (in capital letters) ought to be: big, muscley, "cool", violent, brave, rebellious, protective, charismatic and dumb. He's everything Japanese boys are taught from birth is awesome and desireable about high school dropout bleach-haired jerktards... right down to the noisy, ostentatious ride and the cute, softspoken staffgirl girlfriend who just wants to be loved.

His character is about as deep as a steak being waved around on a stick.

Explain yourselves!
I am genuinely curious.

He's probably loved for all those reasons, unfortunately.:snoring:

Arc_The_Lad
04-19-2011, 06:49 AM
I don't like Snow

I don't like any of the characters from XIII

I don't like XIII

I don't like Squaresoft anymore.

ashelia89
04-19-2011, 07:46 AM
Geez didn't expect folks to get so worked up on that one XD lol !

I don't believe Snow is as stereotypical as some of you might believe,as to male gender,he does have his doubts and "weak" moments so he's not as overbearing testosterone as he might look like,as for "getting old with the hero and Serah stuff" hey he's got his motivations...doesn't love count for something these days ? Snow reminds me of my husband,very misunderstood fiery passionate guy who's just trying to do right by the people he loves...he does try to be strong for everyone which isn't necessary on his part but it works as part of his motivation...a lot of the game is played through Lightning's point of view to which you can receive all that hatred she has against Snow...but if you were to flip it around...wouldn't you see Light as the one hating on Snow ? more because she couldn't be there for Serah as much as she would have wished...anywho I'm getting caught on semantics here...

As far as what men are taught to be these days actually,I'd go for saying without a doubt that they're taught how to be cookie cutter football thumping date scoring personality lacking losers who are uneducated sheep who rebel in the fact that they dont know anything or follow any subjects of real meaning.

Ragtime Mouth
04-19-2011, 08:12 AM
I love snow, I love rain, I love winter, I love clouds, I hate heat, and I hate those wavy lines in the heat.. go away wavy lines, you weren't invited! It's all opinions, the subject of this topic should be changed to:
http://s2.n4g.com/media/11/news/685000/689960_1.jpg
"What? WHY?! *spews bread crumbs from orifice*" :D
Luigi rules all anyway!

SA2R
04-19-2011, 03:44 PM
Alot of the people I know who have played KHII, said they disliked Roxas Very much. They said that his part in the game was a waste of time. But I really like him X3 I also feel so sorry for him XD;;

I also Like Alois, but everyone calls him a little "shitling."

HMTQ - Madge
04-19-2011, 03:56 PM
Lyra and Dawn from the Pokemon series/games. I thought Dawn was adorable, though admittedly I didn't see much of the DP Pokemon series. And I LOVE Lyra. She's one of my all time favorite characters, but a lot of people seem to hate her because she replaced Kris in Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Also Kyuubey from Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica. I don't love him, per say, but I don't hate him either. I actually rather liked him because I thought he was a pretty great character in general, not to mention he brings some of the best plot twists in the Madoka series.

NiwaNiwa
04-19-2011, 04:04 PM
Alot of the people I know who have played KHII, said they disliked Roxas Very much. They said that his part in the game was a waste of time. But I really like him X3 I also feel so sorry for him XD;;

I also Like Alois, but everyone calls him a little "shitling."

I cried for roxas .n.
but before the ds game i didn't like him... he was totally random xD"

Akiyhrah
04-19-2011, 04:25 PM
Yuffie from FFVII. I loved her, but it seems the whole world hates her! I mean, so what if she steals your materia? She gives it back.. and if you really can't get through Wutai without it you are failing at the game anyway. XD

Stina006
04-19-2011, 04:30 PM
I LOVE Sakura from Naruto...i don't even think i have to explain that one.
also, Tidus and Mei Chang *fma* but everyone i run into really really hates them...like...really ALOT.
i'm kinda scared to go to Akon in my Mei costume....i don't want bad things to happen.

Kuriin
04-19-2011, 04:52 PM
Kyuubeyyyy! XD
and Kawashima Ami from Toradora!, everyone says she's a super bitch but she's kind of the smartest one and gives some good advice occasionally o.o

ShadowYazoo
04-19-2011, 08:50 PM

Wah? That part of the game was one of my favorites xD I started the series with KH2, so the first ever KH character I got introduced to was Roxas. On the other hand, I had no clue who Sora is for the longest time and wondered when the game will get back to Roxas's story :)

Ship
04-19-2011, 10:12 PM
I love Alois from Kuro2. Everyone fucking hates him.

so much sadness.

Elentarin
04-19-2011, 11:25 PM
Yuffie Kisaragi - FFVII

No one I talk to has really ever liked her and I find it hard to understand why. She's cute in my opinion.

I also really like Liechtenstein, although many of my friends do not.

Aurora's Heart
04-19-2011, 11:28 PM
Yuffie from FFVII. I loved her, but it seems the whole world hates her! I mean, so what if she steals your materia? She gives it back.. and if you really can't get through Wutai without it you are failing at the game anyway. XD

Thank you!!!! I love Yuffie. She's like the unexpected yet really fun character in the game. :)
I think the hate may acctually be more centered around hatting ninjas. ;)

I can't say he is my favorite, but I like him too. It's sad people you know don't like him. Without him there wouldn't be quite as good a story to KHII. I also felt sorry for him. It's not his fault he was born and then told he wasn't suppposed to exist.

supergeekgirl
04-20-2011, 11:39 AM
For some reason, no one else (except two artists I found on DevArt) seems to dislike Para-Medic from MGS3. I love her to pieces. Probably because she's OneOfUs. :geek:

I found out the other day that there's quite a bit of downright hatred for my favorite Firefly character too (Jayne) though there are also plenty of people who like him. I guess there's a little broken base there.

deidarachibis
04-20-2011, 11:42 AM
Taniguchi from TMOHS A lot of people hate him cuz he's an annoying perv, but I think he's hilarious and I love his hairstyle ^^ in my opinion the world needs more Taniguchi.

dagmarus
04-20-2011, 03:48 PM
This is more an actor than a character, but I honestly don't find Shia Lebouf to be as annoying as most people do. I feel like he has a lot of potential that he's really rarely touching. There are certain moments in some of his better movies where he's actually really good. But then he goes into Transformers mode and it gets kinda blown then.

SpockKiriyama
04-20-2011, 05:12 PM
This is more an actor than a character, but I honestly don't find Shia Lebouf to be as annoying as most people do. I feel like he has a lot of potential that he's really rarely touching. There are certain moments in some of his better movies where he's actually really good. But then he goes into Transformers mode and it gets kinda blown then.
Shia Labeouf is a decent actor, he's just in everything that happens to be balls.

Axelai
04-20-2011, 05:16 PM

I really like him ;A; Then people bash him and I'm like "Noooo but he's so pretty..." /cry

ARIADecember
04-20-2011, 05:24 PM
It's funny to see some hate for some characters on this. when it's suppose to be about loving the character, not everyone likes the same character, opinions on why you don't like a character, should be posted on the hate thread.

Axelai
04-20-2011, 05:27 PM
It's funny to see some hate for some characters on this. when it's suppose to be about loving the character, not everyone likes the same character, opinions on why you don't like a character, should be posted on the hate thread.

^This

Ritsu H Saotome
04-20-2011, 07:49 PM
Kyuubeyyyy! XD
and Kawashima Ami from Toradora!, everyone says she's a super bitch but she's kind of the smartest one and gives some good advice occasionally o.o
*brofist on bolded*

ministar
04-20-2011, 08:26 PM
You know what? Everyone seems to automatically jump on the female lead in a lot of shonen anime/manga. She's usually gentle, feminine, innocent, naive, optimistic, etc. What is so unlikeable about these character traits in a woman?? Seriously, guys. I understand that some people dislike the whole "damsel in distress" thing, but a lot of people write the character off as being "annoying." Not every female character can be a hot badass.

Codename Otacon
04-20-2011, 08:36 PM
Meiko from Vocaloid. I love her voice, especially when her and Kaito sings together.

ARIADecember
04-20-2011, 08:38 PM
You know what? Everyone seems to automatically jump on the female lead in a lot of shonen anime/manga. She's usually gentle, feminine, innocent, naive, optimistic, etc. What is so unlikeable about these character traits in a woman?? Seriously, guys.

Depending on the charter, I don't easily develop a dislike for a character, however, innocent character I do like, they bring a bit of light on the story (Elizabeth from black butler for example, I love her)

I understand that some people dislike the whole "damsel in distress" thing, but a lot of people write the character off as being "annoying." Not every female character can be a hot badass.

This can go for guy characters too.

doxiequeen1
04-20-2011, 08:47 PM
Oh oh oh, another one!

Winner Sinclair from Karin/Chibi Vampire. He was like a golden retriever puppy...annoying but just so loveable :'D I like him a lot, waaayyy more then Kenta, then again I never really got the appeal of Kenta :/

Shigubaru
04-22-2011, 08:58 AM
I adore Joshua from The World Ends With You DS game, but he seems to get on everyone else's nerves. I mean, yeah, he's a total snot but... he's cute! And well-meaning! Er... sort of, at least.

Point is, I can think of WAY worse characters, and he really doesn't deserve half the bad rap he gets. Poor Joshua.

Oh yeah, while I'm at it, I think Lexaeus (KH) is epic. Other people don't really hate him, BUT NO ONE KNOWS WHO HE IS. I mean, c'mon, people! He was there the WHOLE TIME! Did you just forget about him? Sigh.

Shigubaru
04-22-2011, 09:00 AM
I really like him ;A; Then people bash him and I'm like "Noooo but he's so pretty..." /cry

Agree!

Tealeafy
04-24-2011, 08:08 AM
Eva-Beatrice from Umineko no Naku Koro ni. Sure, she's a sadistic brat, but at least she's not a boring villain.

yamibakura
04-24-2011, 10:20 AM
Kairi from Kingdom Hearts. I have the impression that many people dislike her.
+ many other main female characters.. I'm too lazy to list them all.

Also, Diethard from Code Geass. <3

Axelai
04-24-2011, 12:03 PM
Eva-Beatrice from Umineko no Naku Koro ni. Sure, she's a sadistic brat, but at least she's not a boring villain.

XD;; I liked her when I saw her design, as I'm all "Ooh! Cute villain!" But now I hate her (LOL). I think its just because she pretty much has no conscience. But you're right, at least she's not boring :P Thats very true.

Shana05
04-24-2011, 12:14 PM
I don't know how many people watched The L Word but Jenny. Yes she was a total bitch at points but those are the times I love. It was so entertaining.

I love Alois from Kuro2. Everyone fucking hates him.

so much sadness.
I plan to cosplay him soon. He's kind of like Jenny I just mentioned. His antics are the most entertaining.

KnightShade007
04-24-2011, 02:49 PM
http://ready-up.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/tingle.gif

Tingle is probably the most hated Legend of Zelda character of all-time, and yet I like em. He has a ridiculous fan base in Japan too.

Axelai
05-05-2011, 05:11 PM
^I love Tingle!! He's hilarious. I love him so much XD <3

sweetnsassy
05-05-2011, 05:21 PM
Tohru Honda from Fruits Basket. She's another of those sweet, optimistic, cheerful types that people seem to loathe. My brother HATES her with a fiery passion, but I like her. Seriously, just watching an episode's worth of Tohru can make a really crappy day okay. She's therapeutic.

Chaletica
05-05-2011, 05:42 PM
And I LOVE Lyra. She's one of my all time favorite characters, but a lot of people seem to hate her because she replaced Kris in Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver..
Me too. Although I slightly prefer Kris, I like Lyra too(she was one of my first cosplays!)

DireKitty
05-05-2011, 06:40 PM
You know what? Everyone seems to automatically jump on the female lead in a lot of shonen anime/manga. She's usually gentle, feminine, innocent, naive, optimistic, etc. What is so unlikeable about these character traits in a woman?? Seriously, guys. I understand that some people dislike the whole "damsel in distress" thing, but a lot of people write the character off as being "annoying." Not every female character can be a hot badass.

I think if you watched a lot of anime, you would notice where the feelings come from. I studied this stuff for my degree, and the rampant use of weak female characters in series is really just a symptom of Japan's culture.... one which is rather infuriating from a Western prospective where we are now in favour of females standing on their own (more and more) instead of always being the damsel in distress.

I mean the ratio of strong to weak female characters is really out of wack. Usually strong females also tend to be more "maleish" as well.

etc etc.

cinnabubbles
05-05-2011, 07:25 PM
Vanille. She gets so much hate on Tumblr. -shake fist- I connect with her on so many levels it's not even funny.

DireKitty
05-05-2011, 07:44 PM
Vanille. She gets so much hate on Tumblr. -shake fist- I connect with her on so many levels it's not even funny.

I found Lightning easier to connect with.

Adorima
05-06-2011, 10:04 PM
Suzaku Kururugi. Lol. I can see how he can be viewed as hypocritical and everything that Mao said he is...(lol) but even so I gotta admire his loyalty to Lelouche and his drive to do the right thing.

chiagirl
06-30-2011, 09:10 PM
Kuja from Final Fantasy 9. I don't know if it's just around my area, but everyone I know hates him. Which is sad because he was my favorite FF9 character (before he tranced and turned all red...ugh). I also like Zidane, but no one I know likes him much either.

Then there's Crux from Final Fantasy Unlimited. My brother was so disappointed when she didn't die at the end. Crux needs more fans...

Rose of Battle
07-01-2011, 10:39 AM
Tohru Honda from Fruits Basket. She's another of those sweet, optimistic, cheerful types that people seem to loathe. My brother HATES her with a fiery passion, but I like her. Seriously, just watching an episode's worth of Tohru can make a really crappy day okay. She's therapeutic.
A lot of people hate Tohru. They all say she's so weak and helpless, WHEN SHE IS THE STRONGEST CHARACTER I HAVE EVER COME ACROSS. Dude, it is so much easier to just hate everyone. I would have tried to stab Akito in the face numerous times than making an attempt to connect and communicate. I love her to death despite the hate she gets. I think people can't look beyond her cheerful smile to see how much pain she's in and how strong her heart is.
^I love Tingle!! He's hilarious. I love him so much XD <3
Tingle is legit my favorite annoying character. <3

I love absolutely everyone to death in Puella Magi Madoka Magica, but Kyubey and Madoka get a lot of hate. Okay, Kyubey is the antagonist and all, but I still found him very interesting (AND ADORABLE). He was a very different kind of villain. And everyone says Madoka is just some girl who cries and lets all the other girls save her. I really don't agree with that. =/

Everyone also hates Colette from Tales of Symphonia. I feel like I'm the only one who loves her. Dx

rawien8706
07-01-2011, 10:42 AM
Genesis from Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core

I know he's a pain when playing Crisis Core, though there's something about his snide attitude I like. And when I cosplay him I don't appreciate the hate comments of, "omg it's Genesis" (in a bad way) or "ew" or "ugh" or what have you. I know he's a pain, you don't have to rub it in!

C. Marie
07-01-2011, 11:37 AM
Since we can do non-anime stuff, I have no real issue with Willie and Short Round from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. They amuse rather than annoy me.

LostLittleWitch
07-01-2011, 07:22 PM
Rochelle from Left 4 Dead 2! I never understood all of the hate she got, and I actually find her to be funny and quite charming.

fullbleed
07-01-2011, 07:53 PM
I've been playing Mass Effect 2 again and I think Zaeed may be one of my favourite characters now. Most people I've heard from don't seem to like him but I love him. I love his war stories, his sense of humour, his voice acting (that gruff british voice esspecially). Plus he's just great in combat, I nearly always take him now along with Jack (my other fav, I just love the no nonsense badasses). While he may not have as much back story as others like Garus or Mordin since he's a simple merc, everytime you talk to him he has something interesting to say. He really does seem like true veteran, a real badass.
Reminds me of my own character; and thats why I love him.

Chirijiradin
07-01-2011, 09:16 PM
I'm thinking that people, at least the ones I hang around, absolutely hate Barry the Chopper, Solf J. Kimblee, and Gluttony from Fullmetal Alchemist. They are my three favorite characters (but not in that order...), and I don't see why. Barry's hilarious, albeit homicidal, Kimblee's just completely insane (and who doesn't love crazy?) and Gluttony, he's good for comic relief, as well as a semi competent villain, so why all the hate?

Shaymin770
07-01-2011, 11:14 PM

So for me~

I completely agree with you on the whole Dawn thing. She's actually one of my favorite characters in Pokemon. I think one of the reasons people hate her is just because she's from the newer episodes. But I'm glad to see someone else appreciates her :bigtu:

Shaymin770
07-01-2011, 11:21 PM

I agree with you here. She's probably in my top 3 favorite characters in Death Note. She's defiantly a lot smarter than she's given credit for.

Yukikittie
07-01-2011, 11:22 PM
Alois!

Tayyy-chan
07-02-2011, 12:42 AM
I adore Winry Rockbell in both the original anime, the manga, and Brotherhood. I don't understand why people hate her character so much. She's actually a pretty strong girl. I have always liked Kairi, as well.

Everyone hates Navi from Loz: Ocarina of Time, but I love her. XD; She's annoying sometimes, but I like the story behind her. She's actually fascinating, if you think about the whole fairy thing with the Kokiris, and the reason she's with Link.

Stina006
07-02-2011, 01:09 PM
I'm thinking that people, at least the ones I hang around, absolutely hate Barry the Chopper, Solf J. Kimblee, and Gluttony from Fullmetal Alchemist. They are my three favorite characters (but not in that order...), and I don't see why. Barry's hilarious, albeit homicidal, Kimblee's just completely insane (and who doesn't love crazy?) and Gluttony, he's good for comic relief, as well as a semi competent villain, so why all the hate?

whawahwha those guys NEVER get enough love at conventions! i never see anybody cosplay them!! : O i'd absolutely die if i ran into all those guys at once...especially Kimblee.

Fireflyhikari
07-19-2011, 10:01 AM
So far I have come across that the majority of people really, really dislike Vanille from Final Fantasy 13 however I absoloutly love her character and her personality...

Bisected8
07-19-2011, 10:04 AM
So far I have come across that the majority of people really, really dislike Vanille from Final Fantasy 13 however I absoloutly love her character and her personality...

I quite like her as well (she's a great deconstruction of the cheerful young character IMO). But I find her voice so annoying....

Hinatapwns
07-19-2011, 05:24 PM
Someone I don't think anyone has posted yet: Nu-13 from BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger. Whenever Ragna's around, she's hilarious. I was SOOOOO ANGRY when she lost the Yandere persona against Ragna as Lambda's Unlimited form in Continuum Shift. Another plus is that she's my first favorite character in a fighting game that's top-tier.

EnfiRefi
07-20-2011, 01:41 AM
Yukari Takeba from Persona 3......... The Answer....

Some players hate her in The Answer......but.......
She just lost someone she loved, and had a chance to meet him again.
:bigcry:
even if you have to "destroy" (literally) your friend

Kuchikichan
07-20-2011, 03:02 AM
Well most of my favorite characters are villains so they get hated on a lot but...

I absolutely love Bellatrix Lestrange from HP. Yes, she's a murderous b- who has killed and tortured people because of twisted elitist ideals but she is also a strong female warrior who dedicated her life to a cause that she loved and believed in. Not only that but she also remained loyal to Voldemort through his "death" and disappearance ANd she died the kind of death she had always wanted, not wasting away in Azkaban but fighting for her lord.

Another villain I love is Azula from Avatar. Her character is simply amazing, her fighting style unique, her personality fearless and the ending where she goes crazy is heartbreaking real.

Akito from fruits basket is almost universally hated and I don't know why. Sure she stabs Tohru but she also is a strong female lead who has been forced into a demanding role from the moment she was born. Her crazy mother certainly was no help and although I love Shigure too he wasn't much help either.
I also love Nnoitra from Bleach but I have no defense for his behavior. I simply love him for no reason.

JiseiHakushaku
07-20-2011, 03:14 AM
Alois!

Bellatrix Lestrange from HP.

Amen to both of these.

A lot of people dislike Berry from Tokyo Mew Mew A La Mode. I can see why, but still, I love her. :<

Anima-Mort
07-20-2011, 03:46 AM
I have a secret cavity in my heart reserved specifically for characters who initially appear charming and free-spirited to later reveal themselves as sadistic, apathetic monsters or otherwise violently unsettling for any number of other reasons.

Liiiike, Ophelia from Claymore.
She's a smiling, sadistic, profoundly disturbed box of frogs with the empathetic capacity of a moray eel who eeeeveerryone seems to h@te verily in the Claymore community.
...Description above probably being why most people didn't like her. But I thought she was hilarious and interesting ;A;
Sure, she amputates Clare on multiple occasions and has no regard for life whatsoever, but any one who barters information in exchange for someone tearing apart her body in a set amount of time is A-okay in my book.

-Kurotsuchi Mayuri from Bleach.
I've kind of fallen out with Bleach as of the past year or so, but oh my God, I think this character is delightful; he's just so deliciously amoral and frightening I don't understand how you're not able to love him for his sheer ability to remain stably employed despite the evil, evil things he does. I went through the exhausting Arrancar arc just for him. Loyalty, righ' heer.

-Medusa from Soul Eater.
She's hands down my favorite character in Soul Eater, although I totally understand the affluent hate for the character- Medusa is a pathologically lying, manipulative, immortal and immoral heartless reptile who is just as bad an ally as she is a mother (which she's really bad at). And I love her for it.
Oh, and Excalibur is awesome. I don't know what them other peeps be sayin', but they hard stoopid.
...Or hard stool. Hard stoopid, hard stool, both are applicable and appropriate descriptions of those who aren't aware Holy Sword be where it's at.

-Tohru Honda.
Don't h@t3 on fictional people I adore ;3;~ I didn't think her a mary sue or a two dimensional goody-two-shoes with no depth or weight, but as a shy, kind girl who through a combination of terrible circumstances and a reluctance to make trouble for other people endured quite a bit of hardship before being given a needed handout where she proceeded to make the best of her situation. I found her character inspiring, honestly, and I occasionally consult Fruits Basket to remind myself how far a little compassion and efforts to understand people can go.

-Anthy Himemiya.
I was really surprised to find that there was relatively widespread dislike of Anthy, considering how affected I was by her (or just RGU overall; I love the series); when you're struck to the effect of 'Wow, this was really well done', it's easy to call blasphemy on those that don't share your appreciation. I think it might be largely credited with how complex and multifaceted of a character she is- Anthy is definitely one of the more (or most) convoluted characters in Revolutionary Girl Utena. And in RGU, everyone is a generously portioned bowl of fruit-loops.
She goes from affecting a Yamato Nadeshiko air with whom she is currently engaged, a sort of simultaneously disillusioned-but-still-childishly-innocent personality around confidantes, to a detached passive-aggressor until being ultimately portrayed as a emotionally-bewildered girl with no solid concept of how to socially interact with other people. That's a lot of layers to swallow in 39 episodes.
*Shrugs* Whatevs, though, by the end of Utena I either liked or loved the entire cast. Saionji had his moments, but he ended up just too pathetic and baww-worthy to conjure any strong feelings of dislike.

...Whoa, why are nearly all of the characters I listed women? :1
I feel sexist now.
Can I include Lloyd Asplund from Code Geass, despite that I don't think he had a lot of prevalent dislike? A lot of people seemed to be more weirded out by him than anything; he was just a smiley, eccentric scientist who dehumanized his clients to deal with the pain of losing comrades in a combat zone, and I really liked him. I especially liked his dub, if anything because EVERYTHING Liam O'Brien seems to take on end up being full of great.

EDIT:
Whoa, page-stretcher. Sorry about that. Weaboo alert, guys; I got serious.

Sybren117
07-20-2011, 06:10 AM
President Shinra and Rufus Shinra from FF7.

Pure legends.

iSeika
07-20-2011, 11:44 AM
Luigi
Peach - Ive seen hate for her :/
Collete - Tales of Symphonia never played
the first symphonia but in the second one
she seemed like a decent character.
Miku Hatsune
Anthony Higgs - in Other M
Misa Death Note - I liked her in the
live action movies

I cant think of anymore at the moment x.x

Arc_The_Lad
07-20-2011, 11:51 AM
While I don't love the character, Raiden from Metal Gear Solid. God forbid a young guy act confused on his first serious mission, how DARE he be in character.

For the last time people, ROSE ruined MGS 2. I usually save a lot in a MGS game but not 2, I almost NEVER save, just so I don't have to hear her stupid petty bullshit.

aeon_mistress
07-20-2011, 01:35 PM
I agree with Bellatrix Lestrange from Harry Potter. Despite what she did she was one of my favourite characters from the series :)

sam vimes
07-20-2011, 01:42 PM
Bellatrix Lestrange? Actions aside, she's so one-dimensional.

Horace Slughorn is where it's at.

BlondieSundae
07-20-2011, 02:22 PM
Kuwabara from Yu Yu Hakusho... he's such an awesome character and gets so little recognition. Most people complain about his voice which I love because A) It fits him perfectly and B) Chris Sabat does it =P

Flora88
07-20-2011, 02:36 PM
Bellatrix Lestrange? Actions aside, she's so one-dimensional.

Horace Slughorn is where it's at.

I approve of this message.

EDIT: And Kuwabara. Fuck yeah, Kuwabara!

BlondieSundae
07-20-2011, 02:38 PM

*internet highfive of awesome!*

Flora88
07-20-2011, 02:40 PM
*internet highfive of awesome!*

*Returned gladly!*

If Kuwabara were drawn more bishonen-ish, I doubt he'd get all the hate he does. And that's not fair.

sam vimes
07-20-2011, 02:42 PM

Of course you do; our tastes in things Harry Potter run similar. So similar, in fact, that we share the same favorite three characters!:skidude2:

Flora88
07-20-2011, 02:44 PM
Of course you do; our tastes in things Harry Potter run similar. So similar, in fact, that we share the same favorite three characters!:skidude2:

Fuck yeah! :D
In the same order?

sam vimes
07-20-2011, 02:47 PM
My order goes like this:

1. Luna/Neville
2. Snape

Hey, can't have everything.

BlondieSundae
07-20-2011, 02:49 PM
My order goes like this:

1. Luna/Neville
2. Snape

Luna and Neville are BAMF's....that is all

Flora88
07-20-2011, 03:06 PM
My order goes like this:

1. Luna/Neville
2. Snape

See,

1. Snape
2. Luna/Neville.

Close enough. I welcome you like a brother.

leeleeleelee
07-20-2011, 03:18 PM
#TeamLuna til I die!

Also, I can't find the pic right now, but has everyone seen the facebook status conversation where every HP girl is all over Neville's junk?

Flora88
07-20-2011, 06:09 PM
#TeamLuna til I die!

Also, I can't find the pic right now, but has everyone seen the facebook status conversation where every HP girl is all over Neville's junk?

It's time for this poster.

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnt4ufLIaJ1qz5ujoo1_500.jpg

You know, the poster from Harry Potter and That Time Neville Stole the Entire Fucking Movie.

Eruu
07-20-2011, 07:01 PM
lets see...

Kururu from Keroro Gunso.
He is one of the most awesome characters there is! But yet I haven't met anyone that likes him.

Ryohei and Verde from Katekyo hitman reborn!
Even the artist of the series often replace Ryohei with a more popular character and Verde... is treated like air :T

Excalibur from Soul Eater.
He is my every day hero <3

Bisected8
07-20-2011, 07:13 PM
Technically Excalibur's more of an in-universe hate figure. Most people I know think he's pretty cool.

Eruu
07-20-2011, 08:56 PM
My friends hates him. So I guess I based it on that. But its good that more people like him!

Fireflyhikari
07-22-2011, 09:01 AM
I quite like her as well (she's a great deconstruction of the cheerful young character IMO). But I find her voice so annoying....

That could be the reason the majority of people dislike her... I on the other hand don't mind her tone of voice...

Sissy
07-22-2011, 06:55 PM
I love Penelo from FF12 series, I guess she isn't that popular since she doesn't get much merchandise, and she's one of the weakest members in the part.

I, however, loved her in FF12 because I thought she was charming and modest.

Aliceneko-chan
07-23-2011, 04:42 AM
I've seen alot of hate for Maria from Umineko, I just can't help but love the little girl. I love her character and can't help but feel sad for her...
Alot of people also seem to hate on her mother; I like the mother. I had disliked her in the begining from the fact she would take her anger on Maria, but I started liking her after I saw how she acted in one ark.
I also love Tohru Honda from Fruits Basket, I find her character strong and motivating. I know if I was in her place I wouldn't be able to smile as often as her.
Alois, I find alot of hate for him in my small town. I love the twisted boy ouo.

The Seventh Sea
07-23-2011, 08:12 AM
LOL I just realized I posted in the wrong thread! >>

I guess I was more tired that I thought....lets see.... what character I like that everyone else hates.

Hatsune Miku, we'll go with that. Come at me fuckers.

Blackjack Gabbi
07-24-2011, 03:28 AM
Vicious from Pokemon. I thought he was one of the better movie villains--heck, one of the better villains from the entire anime. When J came along she became super popular, but Vicious really did everything she did, and years before. Plus he has an awesome outfit and the idea of a high-ranking traitor Rocket has endless potential. He's really everything a lot of fandom Rockets are--amoral, cruel, badass--and yet gets hated. Why? I don't know. Apparently he's ugly or something, idk (come on people, we only see him without his mask one time and he looked pretty average).

And this one is weird because he actually has tons of fans, but I think a lot of people misunderstand Cyrus. The fans tend to be people who really saw more in him, but there's a lot of people who take him at face value. Especially that terribly out of character line in Platinum where he says that he plans to take the new world only for himself--I've known people who ONLY played Platinum who could tell how out of character that was. But sadly, the show's writers seemed to stop at that line and run with it, having him literally be the only thing that existed in his new creation. That's horrible! Especially when you consider that he said in the games that he'd never "go off somewhere alone" and that there would be tons of other people in his new world. The guy truly thought he was helping everyone by eliminating a flawed universe and creating one free of strife. He's wrong, of course, but his heart was in the right place. Just his mind was too insane to understand that maybe destroying everything wasn't the right way to go about it (he's probably the only Pokemon villain who's actually mentally ill, too. The rest of them really aren't).

Shana05
07-24-2011, 04:34 AM
I agree with you here. She's probably in my top 3 favorite characters in Death Note. She's defiantly a lot smarter than she's given credit for.

People seem to forget how she got all that information out of Higuchi. That was a very risky move that took a lot of quick thinking. Part of the reason she doesn't get enough credit is there's a bunch characters very high IQs in Death Note. It makes the characters with a more average IQs look like idiots.

Hayroon
07-24-2011, 02:25 PM
Tingle, he cracks me up

Blackjack Gabbi
07-27-2011, 04:49 AM
Another one--Quina Quen from Final Fantasy IX. Quina is the wo/man, dammit. Sure s/he is a swampdwelling tonguebeast who attacks by eating, but what is not awesome about that?

TR Rose
07-27-2011, 07:45 AM
Another one--Quina Quen from Final Fantasy IX. Quina is the wo/man, dammit. Sure s/he is a swampdwelling tonguebeast who attacks by eating, but what is not awesome about that?
<3 Quina. One of my favorites in that game, s/he is fun because you never know what attacks you're going to learn.

chingi1
07-27-2011, 01:58 PM
Collete ToS, poor girl. Dunno why everyone hates her so much. So she apologizes all the time. I wish more ppl could apologize for things that ARE their fault.

MothMask
07-27-2011, 03:21 PM
As several others have said, Light Yagami from Death Note. D: Come on, people~! If the whole Kira thing was anyone's fault, it was Ryuk's for dropping the Note in the first place! Light just went kinda crazy after realizing that he killed two people.

Near. Again, from Death Note. Near gets a bunch of hate from people who say that he ruined the series. They're just whining because he was L's replacement. I love L as much as the next deranged fangirl, but it's no excuse to hate on Near~ :(

Ariyakas
07-27-2011, 04:08 PM
Collette. I like her, so wut.
Oh, and Sakura from Naruto. Yeah, sue me.

kuroki-neko
07-29-2011, 05:26 PM
Shadow the Hedgehog.

Well, people in Sonic fandom seem to hate him but then again they hate anything in 3D which has Sonic with green eyes, so whatever. But the general consensus about Shadow is that he's just another Sonic but with extra emo and a ~tragic storyline~. Well, he's my emo. I was glad to see someone in the series with more to him than "I run really fast and I'm always happy WHERE ARE MY CHILI DOGS TAILS?!".

And I know of a fair few people who hate Gary Oak but for stupid reasons, like AshxMisty shippers not accepting AshxGary or whatever. So I don't even pay attention to them. Come back to me when you have solid reasoning, okay.

hes not really "emo" be more of the darker side of sonic. if he was emo he would be complaing about how he feels. more of hes the strong and silent type. while sonic could be seen as a peppy hero type and shadow could be the anti-hero.

but that really depends what verson your refering too, as a whole my idea fits but i have seen the old sonic cartoon so i can see where your coming from. the first time i saw shadow might have been on sonic X or the shadow the hedgehog video game. he is like the vageta of the sonic series.

Arc_The_Lad
07-29-2011, 05:58 PM
Collete ToS, poor girl. Dunno why everyone hates her so much. So she apologizes all the time. I wish more ppl could apologize for things that ARE their fault.

I was thinking more like people hate her because she is "needs a helmet to eat macaroni and cheese" kind of stupid, and no, that is not her appeal.

FuntomKitten
07-31-2011, 09:36 PM
Alois Trancy from Black Butler.
So he isn't Ciel and Sebastian and he's insane and maid-abusive.
I do think it's nice to have a literally insane character, instead of one who was insane for a couple of episodes, then became a fanservice-tool. And I think his character is much more complex than any; he's alot more than just 'A boywhore who is violent'.

But apparently the majority of the 'fans' of the second season don't see that. XD;;

Number15
07-31-2011, 09:42 PM
Toad from X-Men... he is my favorite fictional character of all time!

Yet hardly anyone else seems to like him.

Bisected8
08-01-2011, 04:24 AM
Speaking of which, when I was a kid I quite liked Morph from the XMen cartoon (the guy who was killed off in the pilot and came back all eeeevil for a plot arc or two). I had a much higher tolerance for annoying laughs back then though.

MissCookie
08-01-2011, 01:44 PM
Mello Keehl from Death Note. Throw mud pies at me all you want, but when I was obsessed with Death Note a few years ago, he was the man I fangirled over. Then I got attacked by all the Near and Light fans saying he was a gender-confused douchebag. I still stand by my decision of him as my favorite character. Haters gonna hate.

Toshiro Histugaya from Bleach. Most people hate this guy because he got so much attention, but I still loved him. I don't really know why I did but I just did. He was adorable and quite humorous. People hate characters for stupid reasons I suppose. They're just jealous he got his own movie. *puts on Troll sunglasses* DEAL WITH IT. :D

Flora88
08-01-2011, 02:18 PM
Mello Keehl from Death Note. Throw mud pies at me all you want, but when I was obsessed with Death Note a few years ago, he was the man I fangirled over. Then I got attacked by all the Near and Light fans saying he was a gender-confused douchebag. I still stand by my decision of him as my favorite character. Haters gonna hate.

Toshiro Histugaya from Bleach. Most people hate this guy because he got so much attention, but I still loved him. I don't really know why I did but I just did. He was adorable and quite humorous. People hate characters for stupid reasons I suppose. They're just jealous he got his own movie. *puts on Troll sunglasses* DEAL WITH IT. :D

Wow. That's actually really rude of them, regardless of the fact that the character is fictional.

CardinalWinter
08-02-2011, 01:39 PM
I liked Maya from Heroes.

Keyblades
08-02-2011, 01:51 PM
Lightning from Final Fantasy XIII. She's hawt :3.

Moonsong
08-03-2011, 03:06 AM
Sakura from Naruto, and Kikyou from InuYasha.

Ragtime Mouth
08-03-2011, 03:17 AM
Toad from X-Men... he is my favorite fictional character of all time!

Yet hardly anyone else seems to like him.

<3 Toad, even if I dislike frogs and toads.

Gabbyv23
08-03-2011, 05:32 AM
and OH. MY GOD. HOW COULD I FORGET.
Reaver from Fable 2 and 3! <3
He's an asshole but he's a great asshole..... that... sounded wrong.

Shana05
08-03-2011, 08:12 AM
Ok, this is a bit of a blast from the past as I don't watch Pokemon anymore but Tracey. Really, I haven't seen so much hate as simply a preference for Brock. He was more normal and I liked his artistic side. He didn't rely on being over-the-top when admiring girls, he did so in a quiet way. As a side bonus while he was on I didn't have to listen to my mom's consent "no eyes" jokes about Brock.

faburizu
08-04-2011, 09:25 PM
I love Rin Kagamine from Vocaloid but all of my friends HATE her with a passion. ;-;

Blackjack Gabbi
08-05-2011, 06:35 AM
Ok, this is a bit of a blast from the past as I don't watch Pokemon anymore but Tracey. Really, I haven't seen so much hate as simply a preference for Brock. He was more normal and I liked his artistic side. He didn't rely on being over-the-top when admiring girls, he did so in a quiet way. As a side bonus while he was on I didn't have to listen to my mom's consent "no eyes" jokes about Brock.

Tracey? Admiring girls?

...well I suppose there was the time he drew Cissy, but other than that he seemed firmly fixated on Professor Oak.

Shana05
08-05-2011, 06:44 AM
Tracey? Admiring girls?

...well I suppose there was the time he drew Cissy, but other than that he seemed firmly fixated on Professor Oak.

He also drew Officer Jenny saying "a guy can't just watch pokemon."

Shana05
09-21-2011, 01:13 AM
Mika from Gravitation. Simply being female in a shonen-ai series gets her a lot of hate but she actually pretty cool. She doesn't "get in the way" of the yaoi pairing (although I think that's a really dumb reason to hate a character). I seen people argue that she does but it seems they can't look past her first appearance where it seemed she was Yuki's girlfriend when very soon afterwards we learn she's his sister. She is just a woman who wants her brother and father to make peace so maybe her family can be functional. The break the author took from Gravitation EX didn't help, she just had a baby and this had potential for some character development. Now that she's picked it back up we can see where it goes.

Flora88
09-21-2011, 01:21 AM
Everybody in The Big Bang Theory.

Sorry, guys.
EDIT:

I'm sorry, I thought this was the "hate" thread.

Sybren117
09-21-2011, 04:46 AM
Rufus Shinra from FF7.
Revolver Ocelot from MGS.

People I know generally don't like those two, but they are badasses.

Ragtime Mouth
09-21-2011, 05:30 AM

I agree, he was an asshole you LOVED to hate. I remember my husbands face when that jerk shot Spoiler before he could. http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrhegdPLdH1qk8gdu.gif

I only just got Fable III (as we were hoping Peter Molyneux would live up to his crazy promised ideas for once) I actually like King Logan, but that's more so because all the previous games I hated all the people either clapping or screaming around me.. so I'm okay with them being treated like crap by someone else other then me for once.

Sybren117
09-21-2011, 05:33 AM

Is he the one voiced by Stephen Fry? I've only played 3 once but I remember the Fry voice on a bad guy. If it is him then you're correct, Stephen Fry is legendary in everything he does.

Ragtime Mouth
09-21-2011, 05:47 AM
Is he the one voiced by Stephen Fry? I've only played 3 once but I remember the Fry voice on a bad guy. If it is him then you're correct, Stephen Fry is legendary in everything he does.

Aye, he can make up for a bunch of bad voice actors. John Cleese was the butler Jasper as well, but I've never wanted John Cleese to shut up so much in my life.

TheRedRaven
09-22-2011, 09:42 PM
Dib from Invader ZIM :( I don't get why everyone hates him so...

Flora88
09-22-2011, 09:42 PM

Me too! Dib was totally my favorite!

Akiyhrah
09-22-2011, 09:45 PM
People hate Dib?? I loved him!

TheRedRaven
09-23-2011, 07:26 AM
People hate Dib?? I loved him!

GIR is the favorite but Dib is the least favorite. I asked my friend who loves GIR how a robot that hardly has anything to do for the show and screams nonsense, though I do love GIR, is a better character than Dib. His reply "GIR is funny~"
So is Dib... :confused:
In the commentary on the Invader ZIM DVDS they constantly repeated the phrase "America hates Dib" I thought it was hilarious, but there was still a little tinge of sadness in there.

aiyua
09-23-2011, 08:37 AM
Joshua. Sort of.

Basically, half the people who play TWEWY hate him and think he's an annoying little prick, the other half think he's freakin' amazing. <3

Ragtime Mouth
09-26-2011, 10:57 AM

I don't hate him, but I know one of the writers favored him so a lot of the episodes were revolved so much around him.. sometimes it got a bit annoying seeing how it's "Invader Zim" not "Prying Dib" show. I think it was because Jhonen wanted so badly out of the show that he stopped writing near the end. All of Jhonen's writing for Dib episodes were amazing, made me love Dib --he also made Dib more of an idiot in his writing--.. if they weren't written by Jhonen, Dib really wasn't the same. He was a perfect character for the plot, he was suppose to be a bit annoying. The Tallest and the two Stupid Aliens will always be my favorites, though.:alien: Poor GIR is still being exploited by Hot Topic, Jhonen doesn't even get anything from the products, so it's hard to want to buy new products for a show that made my favorite artist and writer a miserable mess.

Rheneaz
09-27-2011, 05:31 PM
Haruhi Suzumiya-I've seen a lot of hate for her since the second season, but I still wuv her! Dx

Also Light from Death Note and Nia from TTGL

I liked Kaito before it was cool! DDX

x-Steffi-x
09-28-2011, 07:29 AM
A lot of people dislike Berry from Tokyo Mew Mew A La Mode. I can see why, but still, I love her. :<

Ikr? I absolutely LOVE Mew Berry - that's why I'm cosplaying her.

A lot of people tend to hate her because she "overtook Ichigo as a leader when the existing Mews should have gotten it". To be honest is just crap because Ichigo went off to England and none of the other existing Mews seemed to "fit" as a leader.
Secondly, they hate her personality, which again don't know why as she seemed pretty normal - probably beause they think she's stuck up, which I completely disagree with.

I've mentioned my Berry cosplay a lot and many people seem to be very excited about me cosplaying her. But I just know there's going to be that odd person that is going to hate on me because I'm cosplaying a character they dislike. Too fucking bad.

KiraCosplayHai
09-28-2011, 02:10 PM
Vanille from Final Fantasy XIII
People don't like her because she seemed annoying in the game and her squeaky voice, plus those "sexual noises" she made through battle. I disagree though, I love her soo much XDD

Kaminess
09-28-2011, 02:27 PM
Nagisa Furukawa from CLANNAD, Hinata Hyuuga from Naruto, Miss Martian from Young Justice. :l

/pretty much any girl who's a little bit shy OTL

Shana05
09-28-2011, 04:15 PM
Nagisa Furukawa from CLANNAD,

Wait, people hate Nagisa?! Granted she isn't my favorite character, Kotomi is. But why would people hate such a nice person?

LostLittleWitch
09-29-2011, 08:40 PM
I think this may have already been said, but I love Navi from Ocarina of Time.

FinalEVA
09-29-2011, 09:19 PM
Kuja from Final Fantasy IX. Alot of people seemed to hate him because he looked like a girl without realizing it was meant to be satirical from the Japanese perspective.

XChaotixX
09-29-2011, 10:28 PM
I never really understood why Rochelle from Left 4 Dead 2 was hated so much. Sure, her dialogue isn't the greatest, but always I thought she was pretty cool and badass.

Also, Navi. I think her voice is cute, not annoying :heart:

TheRedRaven
09-29-2011, 10:38 PM
I don't hate him, but I know one of the writers favored him so a lot of the episodes were revolved so much around him.. sometimes it got a bit annoying seeing how it's "Invader Zim" not "Prying Dib" show. I think it was because Jhonen wanted so badly out of the show that he stopped writing near the end. All of Jhonen's writing for Dib episodes were amazing, made me love Dib --he also made Dib more of an idiot in his writing--.. if they weren't written by Jhonen, Dib really wasn't the same. He was a perfect character for the plot, he was suppose to be a bit annoying. The Tallest and the two Stupid Aliens will always be my favorites, though.:alien: Poor GIR is still being exploited by Hot Topic, Jhonen doesn't even get anything from the products, so it's hard to want to buy new products for a show that made my favorite artist and writer a miserable mess.

I usually comment on the fact that it's called Invader ZIM not Invader GIR as everyone who I meet seems to think the show revolves around him. I hate myself for buying the things I do from Hot Topic but it's not any of that lame Nerd GIR junk. I only buy things that have quotes from the show or only the character on it. I'm just so happy that ZIM fans have kept the series alive for so long after it's cancellation. I know Jhonen hated working on ZIM with all his being but makes me so happy to hear that he'd work on it in a heartbeat if they ever brought it back. I think the later episodes had more Dib in them since they were still getting ready for the Invader Dib movie and wanted the audience to know as much about him as they needed.

Dancing-Flames
09-30-2011, 04:06 PM
Yeah, I guess mine would be Mello from Death Note, Nana from Elfen Lied and Joshua from The World Ends With You.

fandalia
10-02-2011, 02:00 AM
I wouldn't say love but i like dahlia and iris from phoenix wright trails and tribulations.
alot of people hate dahlia for good reasons but for some reason i like her maybe its because shes iris twin and iris is one of my fav ace attorney characters.
iris gets alot of hate because she went along with her twin is considered to "nice" and the whole shes getting the the way of phoenix and maya pairing or any other phoenix insert other person besides maya pairing.

Shana05
10-02-2011, 02:05 AM
Nana from Elfen Lied
Second.
Nana is such an interesting character as she dealt with her abuse very differently than the other diclonius. While it's probably not healthy at least her method didn't result in her being dangerous.

TheDuke22
10-02-2011, 09:33 AM
A lot of people I know from online and just around (and are fans of Teen Titans) told me how they disliked Mas Y Menos.

I just loved their powers. Speed skills are so overused sometimes, but it's the little clever use of how they need both to charge each other which is unique. I also like their personalities and how they only can speak in Spanish, they're just too funny.

EvilLittleKiss
12-13-2012, 09:35 PM
I never really understood why Rochelle from Left 4 Dead 2 was hated so much. Sure, her dialogue isn't the greatest, but always I thought she was pretty cool and badass.

Also, Navi. I think her voice is cute, not annoying :heart:

I think Rochelle was okay. Not a good character, but not a bad one. However, she isn't exactly memorable.

I usually comment on the fact that it's called Invader ZIM not Invader GIR as everyone who I meet seems to think the show revolves around him. I hate myself for buying the things I do from Hot Topic but it's not any of that lame Nerd GIR junk. I only buy things that have quotes from the show or only the character on it. I'm just so happy that ZIM fans have kept the series alive for so long after it's cancellation. I know Jhonen hated working on ZIM with all his being but makes me so happy to hear that he'd work on it in a heartbeat if they ever brought it back. I think the later episodes had more Dib in them since they were still getting ready for the Invader Dib movie and wanted the audience to know as much about him as they needed.

I don't even wear my Invader ZIM stuff anymore, it's really embarrassing since every obnoxious middle school-age scene girl seems to wear nothing but it.

CD3Heart
02-22-2013, 04:47 PM
Light from death note alot of people don't like him because he is the bad guy and kills a bunch of people. Yea 0.0

KiraFan101
03-01-2013, 06:27 PM
I like Light , too. I also like Ling from fmab, and everyone thinks i'm crazy for liking him.

AnimeAndMusical
03-02-2013, 08:24 AM
Envy from both Fullmetal Alchemist series, Wrath from the first/2003 FMA and Vincent from Pandora Hearts.

There are more, but that's all I can think of now.

Volnixshin
03-02-2013, 08:49 AM
Tyr. From Marvel comics. I have a lot of respect for this guy, not only in the comics, but in mythology. Doing what no other God was willing to do for the sake of everything.

I imagine that will change everyone's opinion in the new film, Thor The Dark World which he is set to play a big role

gumirin
03-06-2013, 12:42 PM
Rolo from Code Geass and Alois from Kuroshitsuji 2. I know some people who actually loves these 2 characters as much as I do, but the majority of my friends absolutely hates them. I guess I have a thing for psychotic little boys with a messed up past hahah.

And ah, Yuno from Mirai Nikki. Some may think she's too cray, but I love her!

ihelia
03-07-2013, 11:57 PM
I like Light , too. I also like Ling from fmab, and everyone thinks i'm crazy for liking him.

I like Light AND Ling, so you have great taste :P

AnimeAndMusical
03-08-2013, 03:17 AM
Cheshire from Pandora Hearts.
Rolo, VV and Clovis from Code Geass.
Sephiroth, Genesis, Chaos and Kadaj from the Final Fantasy VII compilation.
Belarus from Hetalia.
Jadeite, Sapphire, Diamond, Sailor Pluto and Sailor Chibi-Moon from Sailor Moon.

Suuki
03-09-2013, 08:45 PM
Naruto characters..

Orochimaru
Sakura
Karin.

XD It is hard to find Orochimaru fans.. but i just love him. <33

C0rvu51nku8a3
03-09-2013, 09:26 PM
Sakuya Kumashiro from Tenchi in Tokyo.

Lemon-Squeezy
03-10-2013, 09:24 AM
This more applies to people who haven't read the books but...

Jaime Lannister from A Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Throoooones). With out really spoiling anything he gets characters development that makes him awesome. Which in turn makes me feel bad though because he still did horrible things ha ha.

Can't think of anyone else atm 0:

BeccaDoll
03-15-2013, 04:08 AM
I've seen a lot of hate on Hyuga Hinata and Orochimaru from Naruto. I adore Hinata, she's my absolute favourite!
Also, hahaha Rochi.<3 I've seen too many funny pictures to hate him. He's just such a great character.

CrossedCrowns
03-15-2013, 07:53 AM
Belarus and France from Hetalia are like...my precious babies. It really upsets me when people hate on them, especially France. He's such a misunderstood character. He's perverted, yeah, but he isn't a rapist. ;w;

thirty2bit
03-15-2013, 10:32 AM
Panty and Hatsune Miku :( I think Miku's a fan favourite, but almost all my friends don't like her very much...

AppleFritter
03-16-2013, 01:11 PM
I've always adored Haruno Sakura from Naruto. In fact, she is the only reason why I occasionally check up on the series. I've liked her even during her useless fangirl phase.:) I find a lot of nausasu fans and hinanaru fans hate her in order to praise their favorites. I still support sakura, though.

MeiChama
03-17-2013, 03:24 AM
Hope Estheim from Final Fantasy XIII. Honestly I used to hate him myself until I beat the game entirely, and now I adore that little boy/adult to pieces. <3 I do understand why so many people hate the poor character though, since I was once like them too until I gave him a chance.

Bm-Atticus
03-17-2013, 08:23 PM
Kaiden Alenko from Mass Effect. Oh, and the Mako. I cannot tell you how much I've been shat upon because of my affection for both of them.

MR. FEARS
03-23-2013, 01:39 PM
Zorin Blitz from Hellsing/ Ultimate (if you get over the whole nazi thing).

Kuro Akui Ryuu
03-28-2013, 09:54 PM
Kikyo from Inuyasha
Jack Spicer and Wuya from Xiaolin Showdown
AND.... I cant think of any else D:

Suuki
03-28-2013, 10:00 PM
I've always adored Haruno Sakura from Naruto. In fact, she is the only reason why I occasionally check up on the series. I've liked her even during her useless fangirl phase.:) I find a lot of nausasu fans and hinanaru fans hate her in order to praise their favorites. I still support sakura, though.

I'm totally NaruSasu all the way. But I love Sakura too.. xD (Just not with Sasuke.. Imo, worst pair EVER)
I am actually a fan of NaruSasu and NaruSaku (when I first started the series I was big on them <33)
I am not sure about me like NaruHina though because they don't really connect at all.. (at least where I am in the series)

Any more Orochimaru fans out there? :33

BeccaDoll
03-28-2013, 11:42 PM
Any more Orochimaru fans out there? :33

^ Yo, right here.

I love Orochimaru! He's such a great character. ^____^

Crystalninja8
04-05-2013, 06:20 AM
Dawn from pokemon
Shadow the hedgehog
Vanille from ff13
The whole cast of ff13
I wish people would give all of these characters a chance! I love dawn as pokemon diamond was the first pokemon series i watched, shadow as he has a tragic backstory and is so dark and mysterious:) and i love vanille and the cast of ff13 but seriously i hated the entire cast in the beginning( i wanted to punch hope in the face) but i love them all later in the game and the energy vanille brings to a scene:)

EnterAwkward
06-30-2013, 01:46 PM
Man, I love Rauf from Assassin's Creed. Besides the assumption that he can't seem to train his own students, he's absolutely hilarious!

muffinmonster
06-30-2013, 04:02 PM
Sakura from Naruto Shippuden
Sasuke from same show
I've liked Sakura since somewhere in the Chunin Exams. She was useless through the entire first series, but after she started trying she was ok. Sasuke has been cool through the whole show. At first he was really liked, but now everybody hates him because of his dream of destroying Konoha and overall craziness. I still like him though