PDA

View Full Version : Pets named after Anime/Videogame characters?

Zymod
04-15-2011, 04:35 AM
I dunno if theres already a thread like this, but I just got a new pet!!! :DDD

He is an orphand calf born 2 days ago. Jet black and has the cutest little face ever!! :3

Anyway, I have a heap of names for him, all anime/game characters. :P

- Kaoru (OHSHC)
- Len (Vocaloid)
- Neji (Naruto)
- Zetsu (Naruto Shippuden)
- Tamaki (OHSHC)
- Ralis (LoZ Twlight Princess)
- Choji (Naruto)
- Takuto (Full Moon)
- Kyuubi (Naruto)
- Kankuro (Naruto)
- Soul (Soul Eater)
- Black Star (Soul Eater)
- Mitsukuni (OHSHC)
- Kyoya (OHSHC)
- Belzeneff (OHSHC)
- Kaito (Vocaloid)
- Cloud (FF7)

So, any of you guys have pets named after a character? :P What should I call meh Calfie?
:confused:

The Seventh Sea
04-15-2011, 04:46 AM
I used to have an albino Hedgehog named Dio.

I was going to name him Sonic, but after some thinking thought it was lame, so I named him Dio.

Pocketfightr
04-15-2011, 09:38 AM
I have a bearded dragon named Ony named after Onyxia from World of Warcraft.

Lithium Flower
04-15-2011, 09:44 AM
It's not anime or video games, but I've named my pets after book characters.

My cat's orange and white and his name is Holden and I've had 3 sets of two mice over the years that where always named Hannibal and Mischa.

My seamonkeys where all named Capt.Nemo.

Some friends of mined named their infant daughter Serena :K yes, Sailor Moon. She's an adorable wibble muffin.

pltshp
04-15-2011, 09:48 AM
I used to have a chipmunk called Sonic and another called Robotnik, because he was really fat and would chase Sonic around.

doxiequeen1
04-15-2011, 10:02 AM
I used to have fish that were named after scooby doo characters...does that count? XD

Psycho_Kitty
04-15-2011, 12:10 PM
Even though its not vid game or anime related but have a beardie named Godzilla

TR Rose
04-15-2011, 12:29 PM
My husband and I have two ferrets. Mine is named Musashi (from Pokemon, since ferrets are little thieves), and his is named Arwen. He was hoping to get a male albino and name him Galdalf, but the breeder wound up with only female albinos so the fuzzy got a LOTR name anyway.

It makes the original series/movies a bit more entertaining when you hear characters mention a name and all you can think of is a little fuzzy. :)

Akiyhrah
04-15-2011, 12:32 PM
I had a Hamster named Cid (I called him CidCid), after the various Cids in Final Fantasy, and I also had a blue betta fish named Leviathan... also from FF. XD

tifaia
04-15-2011, 12:35 PM
I had a cockatoo named Pikachu. It only made sense the moment you looked at him. He was a dead ringer for Pika. lol Also had a Love Bird that I named Luna after the cat in Sailor Moon.

And while not an anime/game, my Great Dane is named Tiberius James Kirk from Star Trek. That one was very innocent and not intended. We were trying to think up names and someone asked if Kirk had a dane in one of the movies. So I went to look it up, and said something to the effect of "James Tiberius Kirk had a dane and named it Butler. I think we'll pass on that." But the little guy's ears perked up whenever I said Tiberius, so it just kind of stuck.

Michi
04-15-2011, 02:04 PM
Not an anime/game character, but when I was 15 I named our pet rabbit after Yu~ki from the band Malice Mizer. It later became just Yuki and was fitting because that means "snow" and he was white. I almost named him Shingo, after the King of Fighters character, and I'm really glad I didn't!

kurai_kaoru
04-15-2011, 02:12 PM
My cat's name is Illidan, one of my favorite characters from Warcraft III. :3

foxkeh14
04-15-2011, 02:52 PM
I have dog called plue like the "dog" in fairy tail and rave master.

deidarachibis
04-15-2011, 03:05 PM
I have a kitten named Kana like from Inuyasha and I have a cat named David after the guy from that show Totally Spies that all the girls liked

Duo2x4
04-15-2011, 03:48 PM
<-- Luna

She was going to be called Yoruichi at first, but i got tired of the harassment

Doktor Lee
04-15-2011, 03:59 PM
Most of them are cats, but I have one dog.

Kirby (Kirby series)
Shadow (Sonic Adventure 2)
The Ginger Twins, Fred and George (Harry Potter)
Sander Cohen (Bioshock)
Gordon (Half-Life)
Magnus (Transformers)
Dingo (Zone of the Enders)
Pete aka Becquerel, my German Shepherd (Homestuck)

And now I inspire to own a black cat with green eyes, and name him Gouto.

Aurora Maryte
04-15-2011, 04:21 PM
I have a cat named Tobi...like from Naruto. XD It's because when we first found him, everyone kept petting him and telling him he was a good boy for some reason, and well 'Tobi is a good boy'. I couldn't help it.

ShinobiXikyu
04-15-2011, 09:25 PM
I have a blue betta fish named Demyx. ^^ The photo's in the other pets thread.:P

And if I ever get a red-eyed tree frog (plan for the future), I'm naming him Vincent, after Vincent Valentine. For the red eyes. Lol.
And, my boyfriend and I have already picked the names of our future cats out (it'll be two siamese cats); Masa and Mune. (Largely from Chrono Trigger, but it can be taken other ways too)

FunnyValentine
04-15-2011, 10:38 PM
I have two frogs named Tidus and Kimahri.

merquryd
04-15-2011, 10:46 PM
I suggested that my neighbor name their cat Luna, which they did.

Then a couple years later while I was at my grandmothers a kitten followed me home. I adopted him and named him Luna P. I didn't know he was a guy at the time, though. My grandma had to keep him because my parents wouldn't let me have him. One day he didn't come home and that's it.

My husband and I had three turtles. We named them Raphael, Leonardo, and Michael Angela (she was a girl). We gave them to my brother in law to keep when we moved in September.

BraveKnight
04-15-2011, 10:50 PM
I know a girl who named her kid Auron...

I mean... that kid is going to grow up to be pretty awesome... just saying >.>

Oh and I have a cat named Squall lol

Sakura Blizzard
04-15-2011, 10:53 PM
My friend has a japanese chin names Choji from Naruto.

Ragtime Mouth
04-15-2011, 10:56 PM
I!!!!... have an Ein from Cowboy Bebop. :p He's a huge hand full, actually. He thinks he owns everything because he's a smart arse. They aren't small dogs, corgis, they are big dogs with short legs and tons of energy... not so much in the picture, though.
http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae294/RagtimeMouth/bvv363.jpg?t=1302922279

Also have a Poe, which is more so after the poe ghosts in Zelda. A white faced boston.

Melanie
04-15-2011, 10:56 PM
My cat's name is Pikachu. She turns 12 this year, and she's still awesome. =^.^=

Gabbyv23
04-16-2011, 02:09 PM
Well I know it doesn't count, but on Harvest Moon
I've named my chickens after Square Enix characters
Aerith
Tifa
Selphie
Yuffie

and I really can't remember what I named my turtles IRL cause like... I had them a long time ago

shiro-kuro
04-16-2011, 02:15 PM
I don't have any yet, but I kinda vowed to myself that if I get another black cat it would be Vodka Mutini and if it was white, Pounce de Leon.
And your dog is awesome, Lee~

FinalEVA
04-16-2011, 02:59 PM
My Dog that I'm getting May 11th (still with his mother) is named Akiba. It's not a video game character, but the "nerd's mecca" in Tokyo - Akihabara.

Ollie Sixx
04-16-2011, 03:03 PM
I don't at the moment but this is a great idea, i think my next cat will be!

IAmShorty
04-16-2011, 03:22 PM
Someone gave us a dog who's name happened to be Yoshi. =] Loved that dog.
We also found 3 stray kittens under someones deck once and names then Sasuke, Kisa, and Kagura. Although I think everyone who took them renamed them.
We also found a stray kitten once who was really tiny and malnourished. He looked kind of demonic because you could see his bones so I named him Sebastian, after the demon butler. But then our neighbors who took him renamed him Romano, but that from Hetalia so it works xD

Kuriin
04-16-2011, 05:24 PM
I named my cat Luna Child~ (Touhou Great Fairy Wars :D)

ShinobiXikyu
04-16-2011, 06:31 PM
Oh, and not sure how much it counts, but my Mom's got a large bullfrog, that EVERY night, comes up and sits on her front porch until morning. (We figured it was to get the bugs that come in for the porch light). I named him "Glenn", after Frog's original name in Chrono trigger. Lol.

Lithium Flower
04-16-2011, 06:34 PM
You know what.
I swear this was in the other thread >:I nvm. I lie.

Zymod
04-16-2011, 06:42 PM
We ended up calling the Calf Sir Walter after my stepmother had a hissy fit and tried to call him Wally. Dad said no wally, but Walter sounds ok. So i randomly said Sir Walter, then dad said something like black knight, so he became Sir Walter the Black Knight.

Needless to say, stepmother wasnt happy. She can stick her head up her butt for all i care. :P

Psycho_Kitty
04-16-2011, 09:02 PM
I'm planning on getting a savannah monitor some point soon and if its a male his name will be Wrex and if its a girl it would be either Tali or Liara. Yes I love the Mass Effect series.

Shei Valentine
04-16-2011, 09:23 PM
I have two female Siamese cats named Rally (after Rally Vincent from Gunsmith Cats), and Yuna (FFX).

BotMan
04-17-2011, 09:27 PM
I got 3 fishes name after macross frontier charcs ..the blue one name is Alto..the green one is Ranka and the pink one is Sheryl..

AH yea..and my biggest one is name MACROSS xddd

SA2R
04-17-2011, 09:59 PM
My puppie's name is Kairi (I was playing alot of KH when I got her) XD;;
And last year we had three fish named: Riku, Axel, Marluxia, and Roxas Haha they all died though =< It was hard flushing em.

Divinita Lunare Aria
04-18-2011, 09:46 AM
When I was in first grade I had three gold fish named after Pokemon xP Sea King, Magikarp, and Goldeen.
Sea King ate all the fish food whenever I sprinkled some in. He died four days later xP
Goldeen and Magikarp lasted for a while and died the same day, spooky!

And then...I got a hamster in fourth grade because Cartoon Network played Hamtaro and I just had to have one (I love rodents in general though XP). Anyone else buy a hamster thanks to Hamtaro?

UsakoLuna
04-18-2011, 10:16 AM
My black cat is named Luna. :)

~*~BlackRose~*~
04-18-2011, 11:20 AM
I had a puppy named Koga, he had a black silky coat and blue eyes.

Arc_The_Lad
04-18-2011, 11:23 AM
IF I had a pet skunk I would name him Jaro.

You will NOT get the reference.

squ33k t0y
04-18-2011, 03:18 PM
Ever since I was young I wanted a boy cat named Jiji and a girl Kiki. (From Kiki's Delivery Service) This was after we had already had our girl cat, who obviously already had a name by then. But when we took in a boy kitten last year, my parents thought Jiji sounded like a girl's name D: . Then I tried Sebastian as I had been reading/watching Kuroshitsuji (and my cat totally looks like a Sebastian...), but my dad didn't like how long it took to say. xP

We eventually settled on Oliver, which isn't any easier to say than Sebastian. Lol. But I call him Ollie most of the time, anyway.

Miyabi-
04-18-2011, 09:13 PM
Not after anime but my cats are named:

Oliver (after the cat in "Oliver and Company" since they're both orange)
Wall-E (after the robot)
Taz (when he was a kitten he would bite a lot)
Lieutenant Commander Jadzia Dax. (she's a Bengal kitty and that's her fancy registered name..we just called her Jaddy for short. She's named after my favorite Star Trek Deep Space Nine character.)

bubblesneverpop
04-18-2011, 10:29 PM
I helped my boyfriend name his kitten Midna from Legend of Zelda

cupofjasmine
04-19-2011, 01:00 PM
i named my previous pet rat botan from yu yu hakusho and my ferret kilala from inuyasha

Elentarin
04-20-2011, 12:16 AM
All my cats were named after Anime/Games

I have Arthur, Leon, Yuffie and Zoro~

supergeekgirl
04-20-2011, 12:42 PM
Star Trek character, actually. My cat's name is Lore after Data's twin in Next Generation.

I am working toward getting an albino python which I plan to name Liquid after... yeah, after Snake's twin. I guess I like naming pets after evil twins.

In the past, I owned a cat named Alfred after Weird Al and two rabbits named Smudgy Yeltsin and Comrade Tibbs because I'm just evil like that. They were my commie bunnies.

Mangochutney
04-20-2011, 12:57 PM
My cat is named Dr. Jones. As in Indiana Jones. Yes, I am aware that in the actual canon "we named the dog Indiana".

(he has a prescription and it amuses me so to look at the label. 'For. Dr. Jones, prescribed by Dr. Morikawa.' Heh.)

Chel-Chan
04-20-2011, 04:55 PM
I'm buying a sand boa this weekend and im thinking bout naming him Akatsuki since he is black and red...or Akuma(means demon; from D.Gray Man)...

Jeyel04
04-20-2011, 05:00 PM
I named my rabbit, Laharl from Disgaea. He is a Netherland Dwarf Rabbit while Laharl was from the Netherworld. And because Laharl has two portions of hair standing up making him looked like a rabbit XD.

ten_again
04-20-2011, 05:00 PM
Well, I named my hamster Indiana.

Kaoru133
04-20-2011, 05:14 PM
My dog is name Sebbie after Sebastian from Kuroshitsuji. :p

Hayroon
04-20-2011, 08:17 PM
I have a cat named Ganon and one named Larry after the character from "Newhart" if anyone gets the reference

dagmarus
04-20-2011, 08:19 PM
My friend Jason named his cat Smeagol. And it lives up to its name.

Ruby_Crown
04-23-2011, 01:50 AM
I once had a black pop-eyed goldfish once that I named Dr Duran Duran....

But that's another story ...:rolleyes:

JiseiHakushaku
04-23-2011, 02:09 AM
I like to give my pets extreme, extravagant, long names. Just to annoy my family members.

One of my cats is named Charlie Angelina Durless, after Madame Red from Kuroshitsuji. She just gets called Charlie Anne for short, thanks to my dad's doing. My friends tend to call her Durrrr.

If it counts, my other cat got his middle name from an American Idol contestant. Snowflake Blake-Lewis. *was very young at the time*

I plan on naming my dog after an anime character or Bollywood pop sensation, but we don't have it yet, so... :/

crawlerkat.exe
04-23-2011, 08:27 PM
I had two rabbits named Proto and Mega (because for some reason they would always responde to THOSE instead of Blues and Rock :C). They were half-brothers, but unfortunately the guy who bred them was known for inbreeding and the two didn't last long.

When I graduate from college, my family is going to try and find me two lesser hedgehog tenrecs as pets, one darker and one lighter, and I'm going to name them (generically enough), Shadow and Silver ^^

If it's any consolation, a friend of mine has a black cat she just named Sissel (Ghost Trick)!

yamibakura
04-24-2011, 10:53 AM
My puppy is named Katan after the character from Angel Sanctuary. If I ever get another pet, I will definitely name it Sariel or Dobiel.. <3

I also used to have a guinea pig called Kisara and a hamster called Miho, both named after characters from Yu-Gi-Oh! :)

UchihaHaruko
07-16-2011, 01:42 AM
I used to have a cat named after Misty from Pokemon.

NeonBunnyGirl
07-16-2011, 01:59 AM
i have 3 cats, all named after video game / pc game characters. :D
Our older two cats are brothers that we adopted together, they're black/white munchicans who reeminded my fiance of his favorite pc game. Our newest kitten is a siamese mix, he's whiteish blonde with blue eyes, reminded me of my favorite Nazi Zombie character who is evil german scientist who has a pretty silly homo personality. <3

Fenix (2yo) - Starcraft
Argus(2yo) - Starcraft
Richtofen(5mo) - Call of Duty: Nazi Zombies

ShinobiXikyu
07-16-2011, 02:24 AM
In about a month, I'm getting a female betta in addition to Demyx...I think I'll name her Kairi.

gules
07-16-2011, 09:44 AM
I named my shelter dog Virgil for the twin in DMC. (I know it's "Vergil" but I love the "i" spelling too much.) When I'm talking to people I need to impress, I tell them he's named after the Roman poet. But actually it's because of DMC. >3

It doesn't fit, though. He's a total coward and completely cuddly. But he does love his name. Picked it up in about 2 days.

Nathus Dorkus
07-16-2011, 09:51 AM
Well, I have a guinea pig called Snufkin.

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/179297_1753965645607_1132897866_2039938_351526_n.j pg
http://www.cosplayisland.com/files/costumes/697/44698/tumblr_lf2ps3st8N1qb9vd5o1_500.jpg

crazywuzhere
07-16-2011, 10:08 AM
Got a kitten. I named him Maya, from Yamamaya. Thats what Sakaki from Azumanga Daioh named her cat. Sakaki and I relate becuase my mom would let me have a cat. She recently got a puppy for $90. I was a little mad and told her that if she got it she had to let me get a cat. She named the puppy Simon McQueary.

MeiChama
07-16-2011, 08:18 PM
I've got a black and white cat named Gaignun from the series Xenosaga. :'D

leeleeleelee
07-16-2011, 09:30 PM
Not an anime character, but my dog is definitely named John Dorian, MD like Zach Braff's character on Scrubs.
http://www.randomblog.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/scrubs.gif

Gazizaty
07-16-2011, 09:39 PM
I use to have two gold fishies named Ryu and Ken...not...really sure why haha

Axelai
07-16-2011, 09:44 PM
My cat is named Suki :3

simi234
07-16-2011, 11:39 PM
I have a grey and white cat named Ciel lol

Sissy
07-17-2011, 10:45 PM
Not an anime character, but my dog is definitely named John Dorian, MD like Zach Braff's character on Scrubs.

what an awesome name! I love that show

My cat is named Micha, which I guess is like the main character from Pita-ten =/
but I discovered this after I named her

~BloodCaduceus~
07-18-2011, 12:19 AM
I have a cat I adopted from the shelter, black with LIME green eyes. She is a TROUBLEMAKER, but very sweet and loving with the family.

I named her Jenova, after Sephiroth's mother from Final Fantasy VII.

LostLittleWitch
07-18-2011, 01:38 AM

That is awesome. I'm a huge Scrubs fan. :D

I have a black cat named Neptune. When I first got her, I desperately wanted to name her after Luna from Sailor Moon, but my mom wouldn't let me, so I named her after Sailor Neptune instead.

Blackjack Gabbi
07-18-2011, 04:32 AM
I named my fish after Digimon characters. JP, Zoe, Tommy, Ken, Mimi, Sora, Koji, and so on.

However, my media player is named Matt. Go figure.

Undertaker^^
07-18-2011, 10:42 AM
Lol, My Mother and little brother don't know it but our Pug that is named Apollo has an anime name...from...ahhh :P forget name of anime but main characters name was apollo x3 may be spelling that wrong...

EnfiRefi
07-20-2011, 12:13 PM
I have a cat named Gouto Douji (from Devil Summoner) :D

FuntomKitten
07-20-2011, 01:10 PM
If I ever get a black cat...(and it's male)
Naming it Sebastian.
My excuse? "Cats are SMART. They don't need a kiddy name like Paws or Shadow, they need an intelligent one like Sebastian. :P"
Real reason? Black Butler has made it that I couldn't name it anything else if I wanted. XD It'd just feel wrong.

Saber-chan
07-20-2011, 07:38 PM
It's not my pet, but I helped my sister name her cat. It was a little black kitten and female. She asked me for some names and I started thinking of anime names that sounded normal. So I spouted Ellis, Nadie, Laura, Lyla, and Lucia (El Cazador and Venus Versus Virus related names). She settled on Lyla, one of the characters from Venus Versus Virus. I was hoping she'd go for Lucia, since it seems perfect for a female version of Lucifer.

Eruu
07-20-2011, 07:48 PM
My family is always naming out pets after comic people.
We now have a small hairy dog named Zelda. (Legend of Zelda)

Gladepanther
07-21-2011, 04:17 PM
It's not an anime or game but I have a cat named after Charlie from Charlie and Lola XDDD

Addygalebrindel
07-24-2011, 03:52 PM
Mines not actually a pet but my youngest daughter. One of her middle names is after the bubbly blonde of Final Fantasy 10-Rikku

Red Destiny
07-24-2011, 04:24 PM
I personally don't see the appeal in naming pets after characters, but I have a friend who named her dog Sora after Kingdom Hearts' protagonist.

Ita
07-24-2011, 07:55 PM
I convinced my friend to name her cat Sir Pounce-A-Lot (the name of Anders' cat in Dragon Age). But mostly we just call him Pounce-A-Lot, he's not much of a gentleman.