PDA

View Full Version : Need Tips For Trunk & Goten

CrazyCookie2111
04-15-2011, 03:08 PM
Hello,
Right now, I'm working on Trunks and Goten for me and my brother. Currently, I'm having some troubles with finding a good wig for Goten. Sadly, I haven't found any tutorials on how to style a wig for Dragon Ball Z hair. So, if you have any tips or recommendations please share.
:)

Jei-Cos
04-16-2011, 12:47 PM
o thats a toughy..ive only seen ONE good prestyled wig for goke..but it can be used for goten..on ebay..but i think it might be over..so no luck there..other then that ur gonna have to style one urself..id suggest getting a black wig and buy a dbz toy..BUT look for an import one all the american ones r simple har theres dolls they make of goku and piccolo that r 12" and if u can find the goku one it has the hair how it should look..

kracken29
04-17-2011, 07:23 PM
DB/Z/GT hair has to be one of (if not the) hardest hair to style. I had trouble just with my Videl wig (short hair).. The closest I got was the front spikes and that was it lol

Unless you want to pay for a wig that may or may not look like the image online (whether through eBay or any other cosplay-selling site), you would have to style the wig yourself... A good base wig would be one with lots of fiber on the top.. The Punky/XL's were perfect for that kind of spiking.. But I'm not sure where else they're sold since cos.com's wig store doesn't carry the Punky's anymore..

But I wouldn't go buying an action figure just to style the hair from it.. >.> That's a bit of a waste of money..

http://www.watch-dragonball.com/

^It has all the episodes for DB, Z, and GT. Your best bet to style the hair -and with a much clearer, bigger picture- would be to go through the episodes & style it from those. Goten's hair as a little kid is pretty much Goku's, so you could just go by Goku's hair for Goten. Or if you want to go from Goten's, his first appearance is in episode 184 - Gohan Goes to High School, then in all the episodes after that you'll keep seeing Goten.

And when you style the spikes, I recommend Got2BeGlued: Spiking Glue and/or FreezeBlast! Spray.. They work wonders for spiking wigs, whether on their own or together. :3

hollowchrist
04-17-2011, 11:02 PM
I personally would recommend using a foamcore style for the wig's spikes. I saw a good tutorial around here somewhere for a wig for Yugi from Yu Gi Oh, or whatever that series is. His hair is all spikey like the DBZ guys usually are, you could probably pull from that and adapt it for Goten.

CrazyCookie2111
04-21-2011, 09:50 PM
@Jason: Thanks for the helpful tip! ^__^
@kracken: Thanks a bunch! I'm thinking of searching for a Punk style wig and trying to style it. I might take Hollow's advice and try looking for foamcore style. Also that website is AMAZING, I have already taken some snap-shoots of the episode.
@hollow: I'll be searching for that foamcore style tutorial. ^__^

Jei-Cos
04-22-2011, 03:37 AM
@crazycookie, No problem..and I didn't mean u HAD to buy the toy either..if u can find pix of it that works just as well..but if u r a dbz toy collector u might want it anyway lol

CrazyCookie2111
05-17-2011, 06:57 PM
@Jason:^__^ I wasn't going to buy a figure, since my brother has one. I'm just going to get ALOT of pictures. Goten's hair will be hard to tackle.

Jei-Cos
05-17-2011, 11:20 PM
well i know theres pix of the toy that i had gotten..that way u have a better idea of his hair..if i still had it id take pix FOR u of his hair to make it easier for ua but sadly when i moved back in 03 it was lost in packing..

chau.lay
05-27-2011, 01:12 PM
Their wigs are ridiculously hard! I tried youtubing how to do their wigs and it was no good. Is there anyway we can buy the wigs prestyled?

kracken29
05-28-2011, 07:04 PM
Their wigs are ridiculously hard! I tried youtubing how to do their wigs and it was no good. Is there anyway we can buy the wigs prestyled?

You could try ebay, but most of the prestyled wigs are... kinda bad... And definitely not worth the price you'd pay for them. There are a few really amazing DBZ cosplayers on here, you could search for Goku or Goten in Costumes up on top & see if you could contact one of them to ask how they styled their wigs..

hollowchrist
05-29-2011, 12:56 AM
Murr. I think once I get a little bit of extra money I'm going to attempt to make one of these wigs and a tutorial on how to do it.

That's assuming I'm as awesome at styling wigs as I imagine I am. 8D

Jei-Cos
05-30-2011, 01:25 AM
@ hollowchrist, sorry not related to the post (altho i already posted on it anyway) i have to say..i love the ID pic u use for ur posts..