PDA

View Full Version : Kilik

DerNash
11-02-2003, 10:43 PM
Hi. Okay, I just finished uploading photos of my Kilik costume, that I finished and wore for Halloween this year. It's my first attempt at a costume and my first time cosplaying, needless to say while I didn't feel out of place on the streets of New York, the reactions I got were... interesting :thumbsup:

The robe itself is two layers of velvet sewn into one another, while the bracers, belt, shoulderpads, and shinguards(which you unfortunately can't see, but they are down there) are made from foam rubber spraypainted gold. I haven't made a Kali-Yuga yet so I'm just using a bamboo stuff, I figure it fits well enough for now. That little thingy around my neck is my best attempt at his amulet (Kali-something?) and is just a fake crystal on a string.

Ignore my expressions, they are ridiculous! But I think overall my first attempt went pretty well. If anyone has any comments/reactions/suggestions, or wants to vent some frustration at my expense, I have very tough skin :bigtu:

Pic 1 (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=92544&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1)

Pic 2 (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=92543&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1)

Pic 3 (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=92547&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1)

I put gel in my hair when I went out to make it fall more like Kilik's does but in the pictures it's just sitting normal. There are more pics in my gallery but those are the best.

Thanks in advance!

yuffieleonheart
11-03-2003, 09:25 PM
i've seen very few killik cosplayers ^_^ glad to see more! your costume came out very good! it's very detailed and i love how the armor looks! good job

Hitomi chan
11-04-2003, 02:13 PM
wow! nice! I like it, really!!!

DerNash
11-05-2003, 12:44 PM
Thanks for the great comments! I plan to wear it to Katsucon (provided I'm able to go) and you're right, I haven't seen many Kilik cosplayers. He has such a cool costume, I couldn't resist. Thanks again!

Damn, the links are broken aren't they? I deleted some duplicates that were in my gallery, just go there and the pics are still up if you haven't seen them.

Psychotic Jei
11-08-2003, 09:49 PM
It's really hard to see many details. Um...I cant tell if you have the emerald parts on the shoulder. Or if you have the gray chaps. ^_^ and I thought his arm bracers were furlined leather type things. I'd like to see the back of the jacket. :: working on his own 1P Kilik, still trying to decide how he wants to make the designs on the back ::

Hanyaan
11-08-2003, 11:43 PM
I WOULD give you some advice on technical things and such, if it wasn't for the fact that all three pictures don't work. One and three show up as little ittybitty black boxes and two says "No picture specified."

DerNash
11-09-2003, 12:41 AM
Jei: There is a shot of the back of the jacket in there, must not be working, darnit. What I did basically was used the same material I had made the bracers out of and cut it into the shape of the big design and did the black markings with a sharpie. The small gold lines around the bottom I painted right onto the jacket.

Faery: Curses! The gallery system is not my friend. I'm going to clear out my gallery tomorrow and re-upload the pictures, along with some better ones as well.

T4uRu$k4tt
11-15-2003, 10:25 PM
the galleries are not working at all for me the last couple days, but i remember it anyway!!

:::drools all over your kilik again:::

if you're wearing it to katsu, you have to wear it the same day i wear mine! ;)
check the con forums, isami's makin some times up for a sc2 photoshoot

ironically i'm making the black markings on my 2p from sharpie as well, hehe
magic sharpies...sehr useful!

~katt

oh yeah, i almost forgot!~ :::steals yer foam rubber::: :D