PDA

View Full Version : Final Potter Film: July 15th!

MDA
04-16-2011, 08:17 PM
Okay, so it's been officially released that the final film will be in theaters on July 15th!

I swore to myself even when the first movie came to theaters back in 2001, I told myself that for the absolute final film, I would dress up as my absolute favourite character! No random or obscure character. Who's on board for this?

Me, I'll be cosplaying Sirius Black. Marauder's era though since there's no way in hell I'll be able to portray him in the way of Gary Oldman. It'll be for my friend's birthday that we go since we went to part 1 for mine.

Currently, our group is Severus Snape (birthday girl), Sirius Black (me), and random Syltherin student (another friend).

Who else is going to cosplay their absolute favourite character to the final film?

Tonksie
04-16-2011, 08:38 PM
My two favorites are Tonks and Snape, but I'll be cosplaying as either Luna, Penelope Clearwater or a random ravenclaw student (because Ravenclaw > all).

kuroi_shi
04-16-2011, 10:19 PM
I'll be going as Ginny Weasley.. I have her wand and everything.. I'd love to go as my favourite character, but I don't have the right hair to be Luna..

GraelynRose
04-16-2011, 10:54 PM
I'm either going as Ginny or young Lily. This will happen. I am determined to finish the cosplay.

ioniafreak
04-17-2011, 03:28 PM
i have always loved Hermione from Day 1
so i am going as her~ Most likely her outfit from POA because i just got the wand and time-turner~

Musicalpencil
04-17-2011, 11:41 PM
Bellatrix Lestrange of course! And I just know I'll be the only one in the theater crying amongst all the cheering during her duel. I've heard they made it more intense than the book has it. :bigcry:

KnightShade007
04-24-2011, 09:39 PM
The Harry Potter craze won't die down for me even after I see this last movie. I'm going to the theme park in Universal Studios Orlando, Florida like 2 or 3 times. Then perhaps that'll be the end.

I'm going to dress up as Blaise Zabini. I'm was so melancholy when he barely had any screen time in The Half Blooded Prince. Fiddle faddle...

LoonyMoony
05-01-2011, 03:19 PM
I'm going to cosplay marauder Remus Lupin~. I'm so excited because he's my all time favorite character.

Marauders cosplay for the win~!!

Chirudesu
05-01-2011, 03:32 PM
I would like to cosplay a typical student, preferrably Ravenclaw (cuz I am one XD) but I wanna get a tie for it this time plus the scarf. My friend and I are planning on the midnight premiere! Soooo essited. She's going to be Bellatrix, reusing her costume she had for Halloween.

KohakuWolf
05-01-2011, 06:13 PM
I'll be going as Luna Lovegood~ ^^ My friends and I are SO EXCITED about this.

JiseiHakushaku
05-01-2011, 07:38 PM
I'm going to scavenge Goodwill and get together a Slytherin uniform. I'll probably be attending with a couple Hufflepuffs, which makes me feel awkward. >.>"

Graceful-Pink
05-02-2011, 03:49 AM
I am 8D! Well it's more like I've been telling myself I am gonna dress up for Harry Potter movie since the first movie but never happened. BUT I am determined to dress up for the final movie! lol

I will be going as Tom Riddle (yes he is my absolute favorite) in school uniform and I am trying to convince my friend to dress up as Bellatrix.

Garuda_Aiacos
05-09-2011, 01:22 PM
Most likely gonna wear my usual Slytherin School Uniform :o but maybe if I can whip my rear, can premiere my Beauxbatons Uniform (the Blazer Look. No mood to complete the Travelling one even tho' I did purchase the "Flower" Hat Shaper a few years back. Anyway, I lack the Steam Iron!) by modifying the shoes and putting the Patch onto the Blazer.

One thing for sure, I should start and complete the Hufflepuff School Robe for any of my friends to wear at the Premiere. Want to complete my set of all four School Uniforms anyway and the cloths for the Hufflepuff one had been collecting cobwebs for year! :eeek:

gothic-cameo
05-09-2011, 03:20 PM
I'll hopefully be going as Draco from AVPM, if not then just the same generic slytherin as last time. I'm so excited XD

fleur delacour
05-24-2011, 02:05 AM
im going as fleur to the australian premiere..... just yet to find a costume..... as i am un talented unlike the rest of you!

anyone know where to find one?
or if anyone is making any/?

:angel:

Tonksie
05-24-2011, 09:55 AM
Fleur, Try posting a request for a commission in the marketplace here: http://www.cosplay.com/marketplace/showcat.php/cat/19

People can then contact you about making it for you.

supergeekgirl
06-08-2011, 11:08 AM
I'm going with a group from 24 Hours of Potter, the HP con in St. Louis this summer. I'll probably be Snape or a Slytherin student.

MissTeliko
06-09-2011, 06:00 AM
I'm cosplaying with a bunch of friends, but I'm going as Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way from the best/worst Harry Potter fanfic My Immortal ^^;

Tonksie
06-11-2011, 11:45 AM
YAY! Got my tickets for the midnight showing! SO EXCITED

Beanypop
06-23-2011, 12:09 AM
I've already cosplayed my favourites (Hermione and Harry) - so after narrowing it down to Lord Voldemort and Dobby, I've decided to dress as Lord Voldemort for the final premiere. :) I can't wait! I haven't purchased my tickets yet, but I hope to within the next day or two.

Elycium
06-23-2011, 06:29 AM
I'm going with a bunch of friends to our midnight showing. My friend is going as Bellatrix. I'm torn between going as Tonks or going as Luna

Stormraven24
06-23-2011, 02:02 PM
I'll be going as a random Slytherin student. Complete with Katy Perry eyeshadow! xD Random "cosplay" is random.

sylus
06-23-2011, 02:07 PM
im going with a group but i still havent decided who im going to be. it will either be cedric diggory or tom riddle (but my tom riddle isnt compleate yet so that will probaly be the deciding factor.)

America La
06-23-2011, 05:01 PM
My sister and I are going as Fred and George (not sure who is doing who yet XD)
I just got my wig in the mail today, it looks so good! Now I just need to make the rest of the outfit...ya. XD

kuroki-neko
06-23-2011, 08:13 PM
funny thing is , july 15ths my b-day.

carma_bee
06-25-2011, 10:44 PM
I'm cosplaying with a bunch of friends, but I'm going as Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way from the best/worst Harry Potter fanfic My Immortal ^^;

Haha, that's great, you'll have to take a picture.

I'll be wearing my Penelope Clearwater costume, same as I wore when I saw Part 1, unless I can find a better tie. No big deal if I don't though.

MDA
06-27-2011, 05:56 PM
My group has grown... we now have Bellatrix in our group to go with Snape, Sirius, and our random Slytherin Student. The heck? I'm the only Gryffindor :O

But yay! Sirius is 80% done. All that remains is hemming the sleeves and bottom of the robes, making the tie, and doing a whip-stitch on the sleeves to keep the lining from coming away. Oh and stitching on the Gryffindor patch!

supergeekgirl
07-01-2011, 07:19 PM
But Sirius was a Gryffindor. I mean, yeah, some fanfic had him be a Slytherin before we knew for sure...

AnimeViolinist
07-02-2011, 09:06 PM
Totally going! :D Me and my friend are wearing Slytherin and Gryf. robes respectively. ^^ I'm so excited! Buying midnight premiere tickets tomorrow.

MDA
07-08-2011, 09:30 PM
I'm so excited! The group is coming together so nicely X3

We now have Tonks in our group as well - but in Hogwarts robes.

So really, in our group, the only house not represented is Ravenclaw.

Also, Sirius is now finished - robes are complete with crest, and my mom and I made the tie today. Sadly for my group though, we can't get our tickets until the 13th >_< Our theater sucks for that kind of thing.

Ballad of the Fool
07-09-2011, 12:36 AM
I'm going to be the only one in my group dressing up, but it'll be totally awesome!

I really want to dress up as A Very Potter Sequel's Lucius Malfoy (but I don't know if he's entirely appropriate in the sense of that it's the premiere of Deathly Hallows and not AVPS. idontknowifimadeanysense.) But if Lucius doesn't work out, I'm gonna be Narcissa Malfoy and find some Lucius to cling to. XD

Kuchikichan
07-10-2011, 01:17 PM
I'll be a young Bellatrix Lestrange (Black then) and I have a friend who is going as a random Slytherin student.
Is anybody doing Quidditch robes? I wanted to but don't have the time to make the arm, knee and shin guards properly. Plus... I don't have a broom that would work

Zemy-Chan
07-10-2011, 05:11 PM
I'm going as Tonks, with my boyfriend as Lupin. It's my first ever midnight showing!! :D I can't wait for it~ Though I'm having a few issues, especially with hair. Since I can't have it stay purple... But thankfully I have a pretty good outfit lined up... Hopefully it looks good~

AGreenerScene
07-11-2011, 01:23 AM
I'm not going as anyone exactly, just me as my old RP character Nicckole Zabini aka a random Slytherin student

Tonksie
07-13-2011, 05:26 PM
24 hours til I go to wait in line! AHHHHHHH!!! I'm so excited!!!!!

Kell-chan
07-13-2011, 09:14 PM
I'm going! I usually roll Generic Slytherin Student, but I got it into my head (a week ago) to go as Malfoy instead.

Just got the wig and I love it! :D Very excited now!

ardhri
07-13-2011, 09:18 PM
My friend and I are dressing up. :) We were the only people dressed up last year at our showing, but given that this year, we're going to a midnight showing, I assume more people will be dressed up. I hope so anyway!

My first midnight showing, squee!

HareyuNanami
07-14-2011, 12:32 AM
I work at the local Cineplex in Barrie ONTARIO, and when I left my work there was these group of guys sitting outside at 12:00AM tonight waiting a whole 24 hours to see the film!!!
I AM LIKE WTF! I would too but didnt know if I was working or not T_T

PrincessKairiH.
07-14-2011, 01:45 AM
I'll be going to a double feature starting at 9:00. I'm dressing up as a general Gryffindor Student. My friends are going as a Slytherin Student and a Ravenclaw student. :)

mdelgiorno17
07-14-2011, 02:10 AM
I didn't really want to wear my Hermione dress until I fixed its many problems, but I never got around to fixing it up either. The other day I decided that I was going to go to the midnight showing as Ginny Weasley, so I threw this together. (http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2991330/) It's still missing some details, and I had to cheat and use lace on the skirt instead of a bazillion hand sewn fabric flowers (even if I hadn't had to work the past few days, I still would not have finished that task in time), but I'll have it ready to wear tonight!

So excited! I'm also a little sad to see the movies end.

HareyuNanami
07-14-2011, 02:48 AM
I am going to try and make it to one of the screenings in my town.
I am working on a Gryffindor student skirt right now xD

Brittanii
07-14-2011, 11:50 AM
I missed out on the premiere here in australia - moved house on the 13th, can you believe it!? ><

But I'm going next week as a birthday treat. Going as either Hermione or Luna. Only Luna if I can find some decent peroxide for my brown hair. ><

AnimeViolinist
07-14-2011, 12:43 PM
Bought my tickets for tonights midnight showing! :D
My friend and I are going as generic Slytherin, Gryff. students respectively.
I'm making the robes tonight and the rest is going to be a closet cosplay. ^^

dbchan
07-14-2011, 03:22 PM
I AM FAR TOO EXCITED FOR TONIGHT

I'm going as Professor McGonagall, in her yule ball robes! It's all done and sitting on my dressform for me to anxiously stare at all day.

WHEE!

GraelynRose
07-14-2011, 03:44 PM
Going as closet student Lily! :D I can't wait!

GraelynRose
07-14-2011, 03:45 PM
I'm going to be the only one in my group dressing up, but it'll be totally awesome!

I really want to dress up as A Very Potter Sequel's Lucius Malfoy (but I don't know if he's entirely appropriate in the sense of that it's the premiere of Deathly Hallows and not AVPS. idontknowifimadeanysense.) But if Lucius doesn't work out, I'm gonna be Narcissa Malfoy and find some Lucius to cling to. XD

Hahaha! I wanted to go as AVPM Draco. But, I opted out. He's still coming to Otakon with me though. XD

supergeekgirl
07-14-2011, 04:33 PM
*wearing my Deathly Hallows necklace and grinning stupidly all day*

After this weekend, no more organized HP stuff for me to go to! :(

It's really hot today. I think I'm going to do student Snape instead of full Snape and save full Snape for 24 Hours of Potter tomorrow.

JordanExcelsior
07-15-2011, 04:44 AM
Went as Snape tonight, it was fantastic. As for the film, those who have seen it, as many of you have, you need me to say nothing.

Perfection.

Garuda_Aiacos
07-15-2011, 04:53 AM
I went to the Movie Marathon here in Singapore (ya, all 8 movies in 25 hours) and get featured in 3 newspapers while in my Ravenclaw Uniform and interviewed on TV before the Marathon in my Slytherin Uniform. :o

Will post link soon. ;)

Elycium
07-15-2011, 06:10 AM
I just got home from the movie. Had a blast wearing my Tonks costume (though I swear I will never work with pleather (for her coat) ever again XD). I even made it onto the news (as did my friend in her Bellatrix) which was awesome. :)

And the movie was excellent.

Kitsune
07-16-2011, 08:40 AM
I missed the last couple of midnight premieres, and even though I couldn't get most of my friends to go and have a big group (work in the morning, boo), I finally got out to the midnight premiere of the last one with one of my friends and had a BLAST.

I wore Charlie Weasley, as per usual - but this time something strange and unexpected happened... THREE people recognized me. I've never had anyone recognize the costume in person before! I was so thrilled. :3 I need to finish my new upgrades to the costume.

eriks_mask
07-17-2011, 04:19 PM
My theater was packed with fans in costume. I dressed as Scabior while two friends dressed as a fantastic Voldemort and Bellatrix.

DemonBarberST
09-16-2011, 06:11 PM
Just found this thread, so I know I am waaaay late in posting. I went as Harry Potter himself, donning the HP7 costume with the khaki jacket:

http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/133055/

Had a blast!!