PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite food?

BraveKnight
04-17-2011, 08:34 PM
I personally LOVE

http://brave-knight.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/#/d3b4wzl

UNAGI DON!!! Although my brother works at a sushi restaurant called Ten... and man... they made this roll called the Tigon... it was eel, shrimp tempura, avacado, cucumber, seaweed, egg... um... that yellow egg stuff in sushi ><, with a generous helping of eel sauce and tempura flakes sprinkled on top...

I am literally salivating thinking about it right now...

nannyogg
04-17-2011, 08:45 PM
My favorite (non dessert) food is pad see ew (http://www.chow.com/galleries/83/de-meatified-recipes/1355/tofu-and-broccolini-pad-see-ew). Yum!
http://www.chow.com/assets/2010/01/28028_tofu_broccolini_pad_see_ew_4_600.jpg

BraveKnight
04-17-2011, 08:48 PM
omg... that looks amazing. As far as noodle dishes go I'm a sucker for: Udon, Ramen, Drunken Noodle, My mothers Pancit, and Phad Thai beef...

ugh... I think I just listed every common noodle dish...

well I mean there is lo mein... but that one just feels super... salty to me. hmmm

Arc_The_Lad
04-17-2011, 09:00 PM
Are those chunks of potato in a noodle this with brocolli? I am interested.

Otherwise, pizza, it never gets old for me.

Steak too, I love a good medium rare steak, cook a steak any longer and it's a waste.

Edit - clicked the link, promptly put that dish on my "not fucking touching it" list.

nannyogg
04-17-2011, 09:08 PM
I love all sorts of noodles! I don't eat any sort of meat or fish (or eggs if I can taste them), but pretty much anything else goes.

Arc- that's tofu! But, I have been known to put potato in some of my vaguely lo mein type dishes.

Arc_The_Lad
04-17-2011, 09:16 PM
Sadly Tofu is my instant appetite killer, I won't touch anything with it.

Yes, I have given it many chances, and it failed at all of them.

DireKitty
04-17-2011, 09:23 PM
Manicotti
http://www.pasta-roma.com/images/products/manicotti.jpg

nannyogg
04-17-2011, 09:24 PM
Sadly Tofu is my instant appetite killer, I won't touch anything with it.

You can do pad see ew any variation you want, here's a chicken version for you:
http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/wysiwyg/image/Pad_See_Chicken_bdae7_Large.jpg

Lithium Flower
04-17-2011, 09:24 PM
I am not big on tofu outside of miso.My friend in Orlando swears by it as a diet staple but -shiver- no.

Bacon is made from Jesus flesh.
(http://www.flickr.com/photos/the_emmers/5550711120/in/photostream)

Almost all my new favorite foods are the stuff Boyfriend makes...

One is marinated chicken in Italian salad dressing that he chars the ever loving shit out of. With rice, with soy sauce on the rice. LIKE A BOSS.

The other is where he cooks cubed up chicken in soy sauce. With moar rice. LIKE ANOTHER BAWWZ

He makes some damn fine grilled burgers too.

But what he is most famous for, is CURRY (http://www.flickr.com/photos/the_emmers/5479258513/in/photostream).He boils up carrots and potaterz and has added chicken before but I haven't had it with chicken yet.

Emmers got herself a man that cooks mighty fine, mighty fine indeedles.

California roll sushi is quite fantastic should the mood strike me.
And I make a pretty killer chicken stir fry with onion and peppers using Kikoman sauce. OM NOM NOM.

@Nanny-I have had it with chicken and it was pretty damn nice.

And I want to add that if you add Sriracha sauce
to any Asian food or pizza dish it is instantly better.

noctiluca
04-17-2011, 09:39 PM
I LOVE food, but few things are as tempting as a good honey walnut shrimp. When it's perfectly crispy shrimp, and the walnuts are fully glazed and have that rich, toasted flavor... and the sauce is all sweet and creamy... mmmmm *____* Too bad the Panda Express one fails.

I also love desserts. Chestnut/marron ice cream and cheesecake are my favorites. God I love cheesecake. And cream cheese pie, whatever. They're both amazing. But I love most anything, from lemon sorbet to kourabiethes.

I also have favorite homemade dishes in another category. Actually I probably have so many foods I like it's better to split them by type. Tom kha goong is my favorite restaurant soup, sesame egg flower is my favorite homemade soup, donburi is my overall favorite meal type, grilled sole is my fave fish, I love pasta, etc... damnit now I'm hungry ;_;

tehkukikookie
04-17-2011, 09:42 PM
I have some sort of pseudo addiction to apples. I have to have one every day >< Other than that, I love Thai food from my local Thai restaurant! They make the best vegetarian spring rolls.

BraveKnight
04-17-2011, 10:09 PM
Just got finished with my workout and super wishing I was able to eat some of this nummy food being shown *whimpers*

Tofu is AMAZING... love the stuff. I'm also a sucker for tacos... omg and enchiladas... *is dying* Another pasta dish I enjoy is Crab Fettuccine Alfredo... oh and the crab fondue from red lobster! I also super enjoy... *stops himself*

Ok I'm not helping this whole hero build thing with all this not good for me food... not to mention I shouldn't have this many favorite foods -.-

Lithium Flower
04-17-2011, 10:12 PM
@BraveKnight-Try the taco and cheese taquitos from 7/11 and prepare to take a ride down tasty avenue

BraveKnight
04-17-2011, 10:31 PM
No need to try ma'am... only do rofl (sorry for the lame Yoda quote lol) I only go to 7/11 nowadays for moments of "OMG you should at least eat SOMETHING" moments. I typically like Hot Dogs from there... put some chili and cheese on those bad boys and I start to relive middle school rofl. Running to the 7/11 for the most recent issue of the Sonic the Hedgehog comic book and snagging a chili dog so I could be "way past cool" and stuff to that effect ><

nannyogg
04-17-2011, 10:32 PM
How about gazpacho? Delicious, and easy on the waistline...
http://sf0.org/media/solanace/gazpacho17207.jpg

BraveKnight
04-17-2011, 10:39 PM
That looks amazing but I'm ashamed to say I've never heard of it before... =( (and that is quite a feat because I've traveled A LOT and eaten some pretty crazy things lol) What is in it and why do I feel the sudden urge for Jambalaya when I look at it...

Lulexiaa
04-18-2011, 02:03 PM
Fried rice..with hot sauce... *got no picture*..but its good where I get it! *-*

BraveKnight
04-18-2011, 02:33 PM
I love putting sirrachi in my fried rice!

Anmanda
04-18-2011, 02:38 PM
MÄMMI 8D

http://eduwww.mikkeli.fi/opetus/tuppurala/Easter_tiedostot/image002.jpg

.. Lol jk.. But it actually tastes good with sugar and milk, gotta love Finnish food xD However, it's a dessert, as for "real" food, I can't get enough chicken, if there's chicken in it, I'll probably like it. Oh and if it's unhealthy I'll probably like it too... I just realised I eat almost anything ;w;

BraveKnight
04-18-2011, 02:48 PM
Trust me... I enjoy food a bit too much too. Although I think that right now I could really go for some Naan... with curry... and Tandori Chicken... yeah... that needs to happen like now.

Seraphy
04-18-2011, 03:30 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2440/4045782397_d0cfb980ea.jpg
Minus the vegetables. Spare ribs that my mom makes. She throws in a bunch of different sauces, and I wind up eating half of them after she cooks them.

Pocketfightr
04-18-2011, 04:17 PM
Giodano's pizza... makes the 7 hour drive to Chicago worth it.
http://www.rachelleb.com/images/2004_12_27/pizza_close.jpg
After that would come some good breadsticks and crab rangoon (one that at least pretends to have crab in it, please).

x-Steffi-x
04-18-2011, 04:43 PM
Pierogies:

http://pictures.polandforall.com/images/polish-pierogi-pierogies.jpg

They're a Polish dish that my German Grandma and Mom make as my Grandma taught my Mom (and also because my German family lived in Poland during the war which at the time, was owned by Germany). Anyway, my family fill them with potato and onion, with an onion topping. You can have them filled with cheese and meat.

Had a cottage cheese one once, it was yucky. So I'll stick with potato and onion :)

Ooh, cannot have me forgetting my fave dessert now can I?
<----- Has a big sweet tooth :B

Spaghetti Eis:

http://www.daad.de/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/spaghetti_eis_gross.jpg

Nice treat that I have when I go to Germany; taste better with a fruit platter :3

SpockKiriyama
04-18-2011, 04:48 PM
Anything from Mexico and Deep South USA. Also BBQ sauce is a +1.

Ideal meal:
Spicy prawn cocktail with cornbread
Fried Chicken with BBQ sauce
A burrito instead of a dessert!

I'm a savory person.

The Seventh Sea
04-18-2011, 04:50 PM
Steak too, I love a good medium rare steak, cook a steak any longer and it's a waste.

Hell Yes

penny_dreadful
04-18-2011, 06:00 PM
Had a cottage cheese one once, it was yucky. So I'll stick with potato and onion :)

SV's family makes them at Christmas, and they ONLY do the cottage cheese kind. They're not bad, but I definitely prefer potato and onion. Funnily enough, pierogies were never made from scratch in my house; we ate the frozen kind. My grandmother and her sisters would make fresh kielbasa (which I can definitely do without) at Easter, but that was the only Polish specialty they ever seemed to bother with.

I like food way too much to pick a favorite. I'd be here forever. Can I just go with "hot sauce" right now and leave it at that? Because right now I am eating hot sauce on just about everything.

BraveKnight
04-18-2011, 08:42 PM
oh man... good call on several of the dishes listed above. btw Pocketfighter... I'll probably start a war on accident when I say this... but Chicago pie is the best pie PERIOD. OMG how a new york "foldable" crust competes with the epic deep dish pies of chicago boggles my mind. I mean I'd take new over everything else out there but if chicago shows up and is like "btw Brave Knight... here is a slice from your birthplace to remind you that it still loves you" *drools*

Pierogies are also full of win! But all that talk about Chicago pie has made me want to throw down with a Gyro...

ARIADecember
04-18-2011, 08:57 PM
this is kinda funny
the simple questions like "what is your favorite food" and "whats your favorite color" so on, have to be one of the hardest for me to answer XD
theres do much food in the world for me to pick some lol.

ShadowYazoo
04-18-2011, 09:21 PM
Most vegetarian pasta dishes are my favorites :D Ramen and Soba in particular. Never get tired of that stuff and usually eat it while watching Naruto..it became a tradition xD

Seaweed Salad. My proffessor saw me order that and was very confused, since he is used to plain stuff like Lettuce. Or spinach.

http://ginzasushiportorange.com/images/seaweed_salad_ginza_sushi.jpg

Oblivion_Kirie
04-18-2011, 09:25 PM
Chicken nuggets.

seriously.

SaskWhovian
04-18-2011, 10:32 PM
Moose steaks. So good.

BraveKnight
04-18-2011, 11:50 PM
I have never had Moose... but man oh man I love bison. Bison Chili is THE BEST with a generous amount of cornbread! and some nice decadent irish butter... oh and some grated sharp cheddar on top! Maybe a dab of sour cream... and totally bring on the hot sauce. ><

SaskWhovian
04-18-2011, 11:53 PM
I've had bison burgers, pretty good but I am thinking fresh bison would be better.

But yes, you have to try moose! It is hard to find though. My Dad only gave me some before after he would go hunting. He hasn't been in a year or so now though so my supply has run out! I'm so sad. So very very sad.

penny_dreadful
04-19-2011, 09:38 AM
oh man... good call on several of the dishes listed above. btw Pocketfighter... I'll probably start a war on accident when I say this... but Chicago pie is the best pie PERIOD. OMG how a new york "foldable" crust competes with the epic deep dish pies of chicago boggles my mind. I mean I'd take new over everything else out there but if chicago shows up and is like "btw Brave Knight... here is a slice from your birthplace to remind you that it still loves you" *drools*

Insanity. Deep dish pie is all well and good, but how you can compare that to the sublime perfection of a thin-crust, wood-oven fired, slightly charred masterpiece of Buffalo mozzarella, tangy sauce, and impeccable seasoning... YOU CAN'T. YOU JUST CAN'T. It isn't right.

BraveKnight
04-19-2011, 09:48 AM
No way... HEARTY... pure and simple. Toppings on Chicago pie are just amazing... THAT and they don't hold back. And the flaky oh so goodness of Chicago pie crust... and I mean chunky tomato sauce?! Naw NY pie is good but Chicago buy is the best =P

Pocketfightr
04-19-2011, 10:16 AM
I can't stand things with the slightly charred taste. >_< I've just never been able to enjoy things that taste like they were overcooked.

The awesomeness about Giordano's pizza is it's not just a deep dish. They toss an extra layer of crust in the middle. It goes something like: crust, sauce/toppings, crust, cheese, more sauce. That's a pizza with substance!

penny_dreadful
04-19-2011, 10:28 AM
and I mean chunky tomato sauce?!

NASTAY.

I can't stand things with the slightly charred taste. >_< I've just never been able to enjoy things that taste like they were overcooked.

It's not overcooked! It's REAL WOOD-FIRED GOODNESS.

BraveKnight
04-19-2011, 10:32 AM
Lol I know we are just going to have to agree to disagree =P Chicago style pie is just what I enjoy the most, but there are people who are going to think that "there is too much going on" with that pizza and want the taste of a newyork pie. It's not like I get to enjoy Chicago pie here in VA anyway -.- And I rarely visit Chicago anymore.

Arc_The_Lad
04-19-2011, 10:46 AM
Now you taste the mighty BISON!

cupofjasmine
04-19-2011, 10:51 AM
grilled chicken caesar salad, bulgogi, shrimp alfredo, lasagna, there's too much that i like!

Doktor Lee
04-19-2011, 10:55 AM
Moose steaks. So good.

Salutations, fellow Whovian!

Oh mannnn, Canadian moose is the best. My stepfather, whom is a game hunter and a professional chef in his own right, brought down a ton of moose last Christmas and it was absolutely delicious. Everytime I go to visit my mother, I always ask, "Hey mom, has Franz brought down any moose lately? I'm starving!"

Other than moose, I loves me a medium-well done sirloin. Well, any steak, fish, and meat in particular.

TRIAL OF THE DRAGONNNN.

penny_dreadful
04-19-2011, 11:00 AM
I had a bison steak in Walt Disney World. It was fine, but... if I have to eat a steak, I'll stick with filet mignon.

Or tofu. Tofu's good, too.

x-Steffi-x
04-19-2011, 11:29 AM
SV's family makes them at Christmas, and they ONLY do the cottage cheese kind. They're not bad, but I definitely prefer potato and onion. Funnily enough, pierogies were never made from scratch in my house; we ate the frozen kind. My grandmother and her sisters would make fresh kielbasa (which I can definitely do without) at Easter, but that was the only Polish specialty they ever seemed to bother with.

I like food way too much to pick a favorite. I'd be here forever. Can I just go with "hot sauce" right now and leave it at that? Because right now I am eating hot sauce on just about everything.

Oh the cottage cheese ones that I had were frozen ones since our local Walmart started selling them, I just scooped the cheese out and ate the rest XD
But yes, potate and onion is best, I'm sure a meat one might taste nice.

Hot sauce eh? I'm noticing I'm eating a lot of ketchup :I

TheAnarCHris
04-19-2011, 11:37 AM
Of NY vs. Chicago style Pizza: As a life long NYCer, I've had a variety of delicious and awesome Pizzas, that's certainily outdone anything produced by the states of California or Florida. However, I have never had a LEGIT Chicago style pizza, but chunky tomato sauce is certainly off-setting. Should I make it to c2e2, I'll compare, but I doubt NYC pizza will be defeated in my mind.

In terms of actually food, Steak reigns supreme, as there's so much one can do with it. A properly done steak salad is great, as is the ever appealing Steak Taco. Philly cheesteaks are god-tier, and like PD pointed out Filet Mignon is tops.

BraveKnight
04-19-2011, 11:46 AM
Oh man Bulgogi... oh man oh man oh man... soooooooo good. I get it wrapped in large leaves of romaine... some rice... kimchee... *drools* I'm also a fan of steak. The Sushi shop my bro works at also has kobe steak... it comes in on this hot rock and it is AMAZING... I feel a little guilty eating it at times too though... that cow is treated better then some people in third world countries... and it's sole purpose is to be treated a good life THEN get butchered for my very appreciative pallete ><

Anyway sorry about being a buzz kill rofl. Food is food and steak is also very num num. =D

nannyogg
04-19-2011, 12:51 PM
I have been craving Ethiopian food. I want to get it in Addis Ababa, and come home with a suitcase full of coffee again.

HidingintheMist
04-19-2011, 01:19 PM
Sushi and steak. =/

HomeDepot
04-19-2011, 09:56 PM
Baozi! (meat buns) Although I think i'm a big fan of anything that combines fatty pork and carbs
http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j325/homedepot1/300px-Nangua_Baozi_chinese_dumplings.jpg

BraveKnight
04-19-2011, 09:58 PM
zomg those look tasty!!!! We have a dim sum shop here in the VA that I super enjoy. Kyoto has all these nice little steamer containers and it's great for a date! They have this heart shaped rice paper they put the dim sum on and zomg.... oh and mini juice buns!!!!! /dies

hollowchrist
04-19-2011, 10:23 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/190/500362860_3a4d8eb9f8.jpg

Shells and cheese.

Could nom that all the time.

BraveKnight
04-19-2011, 10:47 PM
That is pretty classic right there... I remember the shells and cheese =)

Elentarin
04-19-2011, 11:15 PM
I crave Pot roast all the time. So perhaps that is my favorite food. C: