PDA

View Full Version : Cosplay Christmas Party ideas? (CA)

RoseDuelist
11-03-2003, 03:00 PM
I had an idea so a bunch of us could get together for, like, a little christmas gathering? Last year we had a Secret Santa thing on here so I figured some of us could meet in person and do something similar. Ya know, like, having all of our costumes christmas themed (throw a santa hat on it.. lol!!)

Anyway, I live in Orange County so if we decide to get this going hopefully we could keep it in So Cal. ^.^ I would host it at MY house but my house is tiny and my mom would never approve. So! Our options are meeting at a park type of thing or if somebody else wants to host it in there house we could do that.

I'm thinking park! lol! I don't think anyone has a big enough living room for this, but hey, ya never know. The only problem with having it outdoors would be weather since this season looks like it actually might ran. o.o; But yeah...

I'm thinking for the date having it be, like, the 20th? Or something like that...

Anyway... throw in your ideas! This would be fun!
We need:
~Location ideas
~Confirmation on if the date (20th of December) is ok
~Hopefully at least 5-10 people interested in this

If 5 or more people like this idea we'll start hammering out the details like food. ^_^

Throw in your ideas! Yay!

P.S. I have some location ideas but I want to hear from you guys first.

katchoo
11-04-2003, 12:50 AM
I would love to join in the fun! Let me know when and where and if anyone needs a ride from the valley let me know.

Firefox
11-04-2003, 10:17 AM
Sounds like fun, and as for location, why not Mason Park in Irvine, where that one picnic was held back in May?
Weather permitting, of course!

Nadeshiko
11-04-2003, 12:26 PM
I think I'll be able to make it. I'm in SoCal during the holidays. OC isn't too far from Long Beach. ^^

sakura yuna
11-04-2003, 02:04 PM
Hmm....I might be able to go to this christmas thing if my mom lets...me...maybe if I tell her it's for christmas cosplay purposes she will let me go...because she knows that everyone I cosplay with I either know or talk a lot to them...but we shall see..

MyLeonheart
11-04-2003, 08:42 PM
hummm never been there but i could prolly ,make it that day well give me directions how to get there ok ^_^ well talk tou you all later

~MyLeonHeart~

Ura-Kou
11-04-2003, 09:44 PM
Sounds fun. I'm definetly up for something like that.

Suzushichan
11-06-2003, 01:45 AM
Balboa park is really pretty around Christmas time...it's all decorated and stuff. If I do go to this thing, I'll probably wear my Uriko costume (the red one) and add a Santa hat! ^_^

Reno_kun
11-06-2003, 01:51 PM
yeah i agree with mellisa, that park is nice and all lit up around christmas time so let's do that in fact since i missed the halloween gathering it will give me a chance to get meet everyone and see some of my old friends. hope jackie can make it.

Suzushichan
11-07-2003, 01:07 AM
*chants* Kusai likes Jacki! Kusai likes Jacki! Kusai likes Jacki! and so does another guy who posts often (don't think I don't know who you are! ><')
*coughachoughl* Well, that's just what Jacki told me. Oh, and Kusai tell her I said hi and give her my phone number! (PM me to get it for her.)

um, yeah. Balboa park would be a great place for a christmas gathering! Oh, and if anybody wants to comission a costume for christmas (hint,kusai,hint)
my deadline for christmas costumes is Nov.20. why so early you ask? because I'm very busy this and next month. that's why. and I'm already working on 2 comissions right now.

Reno_kun
11-07-2003, 03:07 PM
so you want me to set this thing up since i'm on so damn often. ok i can deal with that.

dEmEnTeDcHiCkEn
11-07-2003, 05:17 PM
Me likey. My only problem is that I'm in the Beverly Hills/LA area. It will be hard for me to get there (christmas shopping rush) and I would have to convince my parents to let me go, so I would have to talk with you on the phone, check the location, etc. A little problematic, but I just might make it.

Hmmm... For costumes.... Well, I'm Jewish (but not religious in the least), so I won't know what to do! We'll have to see ^_^

Suzushichan
11-08-2003, 01:38 AM
bring yo' cloud and I shall glomp thee! ^_^

dEmEnTeDcHiCkEn
11-08-2003, 01:48 AM
Yarr, I shall bringeth the Cloud. (maybe I'll wrap my sword in green and red stripes with a nice ribbon ^_^)

I just need to talk in person, over the pone, or it's a no-go.

Reno_kun
11-08-2003, 02:03 PM
hey hey maybe i could do seifer for it? Cloud vrs. Seifer it's a thought?

MyLeonheart
11-08-2003, 04:32 PM
ok let me get this strait.......

Loc: ???? ivren?? and i ned directions
When: Dec 20th what time????

please answer these questions and on what day does dec 20th fall on?? i need to see if i can get it off since it's an holladay roteen i dont know what is going on with work so please post asap

thanks

Me Ke Aloha Pumhana

~MyLeonHeart~

Miaka No Baka
11-08-2003, 05:47 PM
dec 20th is a saturday. Sounds interesting maybe i'll be there depends if there are plans or not ^_^ *must go sew xmas themed costume* ^_^;

Miaka no Baka

Suzushichan
11-09-2003, 02:18 AM
Irvine?! What 'bout balboa park?! hmm... maybe we can plan a party here too. there's no way I can get to Irvine...Who ever's close to SD can come here, and who ever's close to Irvine can go there?
hmmm...

and kusai: LOL!!! YOU AS SEIFER TO FACE CLOUD?!?! BWAHAHAHAHA!!! that's really funny, seriously, I'm laughing to tears...you couldn't possibly make a seifer costume...though you COULD commission it..*hintHINT!!!*

Reno_kun
11-09-2003, 05:06 PM
hey lay off with the kusanagi coustem allright, i had no no money and fucking time to do anything so i had to do him or not cosplay at all.

dEmEnTeDcHiCkEn
11-09-2003, 07:09 PM
Alright, Irvine is about an hour drive from here. I'll see if if one of my parents can take me.

Well, better get working on that costume... I was thinking Black Mage isn't good, and my Kaiba won't be ready for a while, so I guess it's KH Cloud!

Firefox
11-09-2003, 08:32 PM
The reason I suggested Mason Park in Irvine is that it seems to be more centrally located if it's going to be a southern California event. Also, since that one picnic took place there back in early May, I thought people would already know how to get there.

However, after hearing about how decked Balboa Park is going to be during the Season, maybe it'd be worth the trip. Besides, about the only time I go down to San Diego is for the ComicCon, so maybe another trip wouldn't sound so bad.

Anyway, weather permitting, I'm game for either or another place once it's decided. See you all there (if I don't see you at the Japan Expo!).

Suzushichan
11-10-2003, 12:56 AM
thank you. I think that San Diego is the best spot, not because I'm closer, but because Balboa park is soooooo pretty during that season. Oh, and don't forget 'bout the Japanese friendship garden they have there (perfect for photo ops.) ^_^ hope to see all soon, and if and when we do this, I'm deffinately going to be Uriko! =^@_@^= ~me-ow.

Reno_kun
11-10-2003, 01:47 PM
and since i have the side burns already i will be lupin.

MyLeonheart
11-10-2003, 11:40 PM
yes balboa park is wayyyyyyy better for me and pluse it is relly pertty there.......well i hope we can go there

dEmEnTeDcHiCkEn
11-11-2003, 01:11 AM
I'm out, then. San Diego is a 2-hour drive from here.

Suzushichan
11-12-2003, 01:37 AM
okay, okay, so far we have Myself, Kausai, and Leonheart...anybody else wanna' join in. c'mon! I know that there's more of you cosplayers here in SD!!! ><! Btw, those who plan on doing this, PM me we'll start making plans and maybe even start a new thread. hope to hear from you all soon!

~suzushi :D

LupinSansei
11-12-2003, 02:16 AM
Thats a cool idea! Id go as Lupin III (Giant diamond and infered goggles) and all but San Diego is a bit far for me. O Well Who knows I might go with a stroke of luck and if this gathering gets real popular.

Firefox
11-12-2003, 10:52 AM
Looks like it's going to be Balboa Park! Also looks like a trip to San Diego!
Balboa Park is a big place, so where and when are we going to meet, and, for example, how far is the spot from, say, the Aerospace Musuem?
If I don't see you before at the Japan Expo, then I'll see you there!

RoseDuelist
11-12-2003, 04:59 PM
Balboa is further from me, but I'm up for it!! December 20th is a Saturday, so how about noonish for a meeting time?

Anybody knows how to set something like this up? Do we have to call and reserve a spot or just show up? I know I posted the idea, but if somebody can do this technical thing it'd be great since I'm sorta clueless..

P.S. Sorry I've been away from the thread for so long.. I broke my toe and it's a pain to get to the computer... ;_; Owie...

Now let's discuss food too! lol!

Reno_kun
11-12-2003, 05:40 PM
Thats a cool idea! Id go as Lupin III (Giant diamond and infered goggles) and all but San Diego is a bit far for me. O Well Who knows I might go with a stroke of luck and if this gathering gets real popular.
you trying out do me lupin or should i say pop's

MyLeonheart
11-12-2003, 07:08 PM
OK........

Time 12:00 sat dec 10th
Place :balaboa PARK

SEE YA GUYS THERE ......

prolly wont have a good costume but eh it's all in good fun (dont have the time or $$ to make one right now) and dont have the $$ to commision one but oh well

~MyLeonHeart~

HowlinMadMurphy
11-12-2003, 10:50 PM
Blegh, san diego is a far drive for the day before my birthday >_<. Ai ya, maybe I'll still go if I can convince my boyfriend to drive me. I'll probably go as Yuffie.

LupinSansei
11-12-2003, 11:59 PM
you trying out do me lupin or should i say pop's

Ive been doing this costume before you and I try my best to know all about lupin and have the most accurate costume. (And I mean accurate) for all three of my lupin costumes and the different variations. Theres nothin wrong with more than one lupin.

Suzushichan
11-13-2003, 12:34 AM
um, Leonheart; it's DECEMBER 20th <----
20! sat. dec. 20! there's a whole new thread for the SD gathering! ^_^

Firefox
11-13-2003, 12:37 AM
Barring weather or other events, I'll see you all there!
So where in Balboa Park are we meeting and should I bring anything, like drinks or snacks?

Suzushichan
11-13-2003, 12:45 AM
Oi! go to the SD christmas gathering thread! all the info is THERE!!! ><

Jubei-chan
11-13-2003, 10:52 PM
For those that San Diego is too far ... what about a Orange County gathering? Are we giving up on an Irvine, or elsewhere, location? Or are we looking for someone to spearhead the venture?

Firefox
11-13-2003, 11:39 PM
Sorry!
Just remembered that Lord of the Rings:Return of the King is going to be released that weekend, and my friends and I are going to make a weekend of it. So I won't be able to make it down there that weekend!
Still, to those who are attending, Happy Holidays!

dEmEnTeDcHiCkEn
11-14-2003, 03:12 AM
Orange county? I think I could pull that off, provided I can get a ride from a relative. Say when.

Jubei-chan
11-14-2003, 04:39 AM
Sorry!
Just remembered that Lord of the Rings:Return of the King is going to be released that weekend, and my friends and I are going to make a weekend of it. So I won't be able to make it down there that weekend!
Still, to those who are attending, Happy Holidays!

::gasp and egad:: Good point! Hmmm … must rethink schedule! I'll get back to y'all about what I can and can't do. ::sits and ponders::

MyLeonheart
11-14-2003, 10:48 PM
EEEEP I MENT TO SAY DEC 20th sigh oh well sorry about that x.x