PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Mascot Costumes

sailormoon4life
04-18-2011, 03:38 PM
I've seen alot of Pokemon cosplayers who go with the mascot version. Where do you get one?

dalbkino
04-19-2011, 03:43 AM
I believe most people make them themselves. I haven't really seen any websites or commisioners offering them.

Kibafan
04-19-2011, 02:16 PM
you just have to know were to look there are commissions but the can be from 500-1000 depending on details i made a nine tails one there alot of work to get into but worth it if you pull it off.

Ends Beginning
05-13-2011, 07:25 AM
I just bought a Rayquaza Mascot form someone here on cos.com and I might pull it apart and alter it a tiny bit maybe even make it Shiny Rayquaza. ^-^

Ryuu_
05-15-2011, 11:09 PM
There are tons of people out there who you can commission mascot costumes, fursuits or whatever from. Just keep in mind, one as Kibafan said, they can get pretty pricey. Also, alot of people will refuse a job if it's of a copyrighted character, like a pokemon. So you may have to search around a bit more to find someone.

sussiehellens
08-24-2011, 02:55 AM
Yeah I agree. I guess it is much pricey to have a pokemon costume since the alike is copyrighted. You will never want to wear something illegal, do you?

Ends Beginning
08-24-2011, 02:28 PM
Yeah I agree. I guess it is much pricey to have a pokemon costume since the alike is copyrighted. You will never want to wear something illegal, do you?

In technicality cosplaying any character is copyrighted is copyright infringement, but it is up to the original copyright holder to file a complaint. Though do you see the owner of the Pokemon franchise or any Anime/Manga owner filing complains for each and every cosplayer who cosplays their characters? No, didn't think so.
But on the off chance they did it'd be up to the cosplayer to file a counter claim under the "Fair Use" policy (this is US law not worldwide).
So all in all unless the original copyright holder wants to spend hours searching down cosplayers and hours in courts and paying high fees I doubt any of this would be question. Therefore bringing up the "Cosplay is illegal" topic is a moot point because in the long ring yes it is illegal, but it is not likely anyone will really care.

-endrant-