PDA

View Full Version : Ouran Cosplay

panicc
04-19-2011, 09:37 PM
For the next convention I'm going to I'm going to cosplay as Haruhi from Ouran, but before I order anything for it, I was wondering what a good website would be to buy the cosplay from? o; Like, has anyone bought one from an specific website or anything that was really good quality? C: THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP!

Deru-Wisper
04-19-2011, 10:33 PM
I haven't yet bought a cosplay (or cosplayed at all, sadly) but Cosplay Fu is a popular choice and seems reliable to what I've heard. Hope your Haruhi cosplay goes well!

kairatera
04-19-2011, 10:50 PM
Ebay, it can be shady, but there are tons of places that have amazing feedback. Plus, they custom make it to your size and height. Comfy fit -w-

pyrodancer
05-04-2011, 10:17 PM
for my first cosplays, my friends and i purchased some costumes from milanoo.com

they were nice quality, and they were very helpful when we had questions about anything ^^

refianku
05-14-2011, 09:18 AM
I happen to be an Ouran cosplayer myself! :D for my ouran cosplay I got from milanoo.com. the colors of the uniform matched like perfectly with the anime series and the costume itself was pretty good quality but you'd wanna be really careful with your costume because the buttons fall off easy and it can rip if you're not careful, trust me I know -__-

Anyhow if you're buying yours from milanoo.com just re-sew the buttons onto it if they feel a little loose (better safe than sorry is what I say) and be careful with it! Other than that the costume itself is awesome! ^.^

pyrodancer
05-15-2011, 11:13 PM
I happen to be an Ouran cosplayer myself! :D for my ouran cosplay I got from milanoo.com. the colors of the uniform matched like perfectly with the anime series and the costume itself was pretty good quality but you'd wanna be really careful with your costume because the buttons fall off easy and it can rip if you're not careful, trust me I know -__-

Anyhow if you're buying yours from milanoo.com just re-sew the buttons onto it if they feel a little loose (better safe than sorry is what I say) and be careful with it! Other than that the costume itself is awesome! ^.^

haha, very true bout the buttons. my friend who did tamaki last year was really drunk and rolling on the floor in his ouran uniform, and all his buttons came off, it was actually pretty freakin funny....

did you get that tie that just kinda zips up without having to actually tie it?! that thing was pretty cool, i was highly entertained by it (but then again, i'm pretty easily amused. lol) ^^

refianku
05-16-2011, 07:34 PM
haha, very true bout the buttons. my friend who did tamaki last year was really drunk and rolling on the floor in his ouran uniform, and all his buttons came off, it was actually pretty freakin funny....

did you get that tie that just kinda zips up without having to actually tie it?! that thing was pretty cool, i was highly entertained by it (but then again, i'm pretty easily amused. lol) ^^

haha wow that sounds funny XDD I was actually doing a dance with my friends and I happened to slip and fall and on of my buttons actually like broke in half I wasn't too happy about that >.> but I fixed it! lol

Yes I did get the zip up tie thing that came with it! It is soo cool, until the zipper somehow got itself stuck and now i can't zip it up anymore T.T I have to use like a safty pin and pin my tie in place, it's quite a pain. And The purple-ish stuff on the tie near the top some how came up stitched too so I had to fix that too and man that was annoying TT.TT I've had soo many issues with my ouran cosplay but somehow i've still managed to get by! XDD

pyrodancer
05-16-2011, 11:34 PM
lol Sounds like you had quite an adventure dealing with your ouran costume. XP But I still think that Milanoo is a very good site for cosplayers who are new, or who just want to buy costumes that are good quality for an affordable price. ^^ I still have my Ouran uniform from last year, but I'm planning on making my own Ouran costume this year for AWA. I'm gonna do the "Haruhi in wonderland" version of Honey Senpai ^^

refianku
05-17-2011, 07:15 PM
Yes it has been quite an adventure but I've had such great memories with the tamaki cosplay hahaha
Milanoo is a pretty good site for new cosplayers, I agree but for some of the costumes you just got to be a little careful with so you don't completely destroy it lol
OMG you're doing the honey-senpai version of the wonderland episode?! :o no way! Good luck with everything! ^.^ Next year I'm actually planning on cosplaying as Mad Hatter Tamaki from the very same episode and I'll have a set of cheshire cat version of the twins! :D but I'm going to try to get to work on the mad hatter cosplay as soon as I get the money for it XD

pyrodancer
05-18-2011, 12:10 AM
yea, i'm still tryin to figure out how i'm gonna sew all the stuff for the wonderland honey-senpai XP i'm too lazy to buy patterns, so i kinda make my own as i cut and sew. lol i'm jealous that you get the cheshire twins with you for your cosplay!!! i absolutely adore the hitachiin boys ^^ good luck with your mad hatter cosplay :)

refianku
05-18-2011, 08:48 AM
Aw well I bet it's going to turn out amazing! ^^ I wanna see it when you finish it!! XD Yes, I love the hitachiin boys too so thankfully I was able to meet some hitachiin boy cosplayers who agreed to do the cheshire twins to go along with my mad hatter cosplay! But thanks, I can't wait to get started with my cosplay, it's going to be epic! :D but good luck with you cosplay as well! Have fun it with lol

Ends Beginning
05-18-2011, 09:03 AM
I have had no luck with Milanoo at all. Ever Ourna uniform I ordered from them has been the wrong size even when I ordered custom size paid extra and gave them measurements that were a few inches bigger. They all came in to small. I currently wear the uniform ordered for my fiance with is marked as a men's XL. Each time Milanoo has refused to give me a refund or exchange the uniform. I don't suggest ordering for them even when I called them they hung up on me.
Cosplay Fu or Ebay are your best bet or even better commission someone to make it.

pyrodancer
05-19-2011, 02:59 AM
refianku: thanks, i'll definitely have fun with my costume-making! afterall, that's the whole point of cosplaying, is to have fun! lol i'll remember to take pics and post them up once i'm done, and u need to share pics of you and the twins once you finish your costume as well!! ^^

ends beginning: sorry to hear that you've had problems with milanoo XP between my friends and i, we ordered 3 ouran outfits (we did honey, mori, and tamaki so obviously we all had to order different sizes, mori had to custom order his) and all of us were able to fit into our costumes perfectly. we've also bought naruto's jacket, kiba's jacket from naruto and shippuden, and an inuyasha outfit, and all of those worked well for us.

Ends Beginning
05-19-2011, 11:56 AM
I just think it was odd that a men's XL fits a woman who normally wears a size small. Maybe their makers were slacking off or something. I'm jus tpissed they refused to refund me and claimed I had altered the jackets to not fit. I was like....yeah I took apart and re-did the jackets so they wouldn't fit just to complain....=_=
Some people are just idiots I suppose. Well needless to say be very careful in ordering from any website with a pre-made size chart sometimes they lie. I now only make my own or have my close and trusted friend make mine. no more rip offs for me.

pyrodancer
05-19-2011, 10:29 PM
hmmm, yea that is really weird. i wear a small normally, and i bought a small for the jacket and it worked for me.... but of course like you said, you always gotta be careful when ordering online :P i'm glad that i actually have a sewing machine that works, so i can actually my own costumes :)