PDA

View Full Version : Ema Skye Cosplay Help!

IchigoAlchemist
04-21-2011, 07:26 PM
I'm starting my Ema Skye cosplay early for AWA 2011. I need some help finding her sunglasses and pink&purple thigh high socks. (I'm doing her design from Miles Edgeworth Investigations.) Any suggestions/links would be helpful! ^_^

BisectedBrioche
04-21-2011, 09:59 PM
Well striped thigh high socks aren't hard to find (I got a red and white pair a while ago from Amazon.co.uk for my Disgaea Thief crossplay, so I'd try there or eBay). If you can't find any in that colour, you could always try finding a pink or purple pair and dyeing/painting the stripes on.

As for the glasses, I'd suggest buying a cheap pair with a white frame and as pale lenses as possible (again, Amazon and eBay should have loads, as would pretty much anywhere that sells sunglasses).

To get the right lens colour (just an idea); Pop out the lenses and spray or dip them in a solution of pink acrylic ink and rubbing alcohol (that same as suggested for dying wigs), that should stain them without making them opaque.

IchigoAlchemist
04-22-2011, 02:12 PM
Well striped thigh high socks aren't hard to find (I got a red and white pair a while ago from Amazon.co.uk for my Disgaea Thief crossplay, so I'd try there or eBay). If you can't find any in that colour, you could always try finding a pink or purple pair and dyeing/painting the stripes on.

As for the glasses, I'd suggest buying a cheap pair with a white frame and as pale lenses as possible (again, Amazon and eBay should have loads, as would pretty much anywhere that sells sunglasses).

To get the right lens colour (just an idea); Pop out the lenses and spray or dip them in a solution of pink acrylic ink and rubbing alcohol (that same as suggested for dying wigs), that should stain them without making them opaque.

Thanks for the suggestions! I'm definetly going to try out your idea for the glasses. I guess I'll just shop around a bit more for the socks. Thanks~! :)

Shii Arisugawa
05-14-2011, 04:45 AM

Sunshine.
05-15-2011, 07:25 AM
I am doing that exact costume right now, and the socks are one of the easiest thing to find. As said above, get them from Sock Dreams. I got them from there. They are at a good price, and awesome quality.

It is true that I'm doing a bit of my interpretation of Ema, as I'm not sure what the colours are, so I actually got Pink & Black socks, but I'm pretty sure there ARE pink & purple in Sock Dreams...

shiro-kuro
08-11-2011, 08:51 PM
There are pink and blue, if that's close enough! Hehe, thanks kindof what I thought they were ^u^;; Also, there's a "denim" option with the Purple Knees socks, but it might be a bit too dark.

Obsessionally
01-13-2012, 03:40 AM
If you don't find her glasses, or suitable enough glasses, then you may wanna try these.
http://www.giantvintage.com/product_info.php?cPath=323&products_id=20586

I'm planning to do her Apollo Justice design!