PDA

View Full Version : Chii/Freya (Dark Chii) Completed Costume

squeechii
11-04-2003, 04:59 AM
I finished this costume in less than a month. I started October 10th, and finished October 31st. This is my first costume... I know the picture isn't that great, but it's really the best I could do. I'll try to get better pictures later. What do you think?

squeechii
11-04-2003, 05:03 AM
Oh... I forgot to include... I had no pattern for this... So it was kind of difficult for me.

Hitomi chan
11-04-2003, 03:00 PM
hehe I've made that dress without patterns too :thumbsup: yeaaah, is difficult. It looks nice but I think that it would be better appreciated if you're using it ^_^

lainey
11-05-2003, 07:24 PM
yeah it's tough to judge when it's just on the bed like that lol

SquishedFlower
11-06-2003, 09:23 PM
Looks good I like the correctness of the symbol on the front ( i made drawings of that costume for my friend who was going to be freya) What are you going 2 wear on your head?

Masami
11-07-2003, 04:56 PM
I agree with everyone else.. the dress looks good. Get a better picture.. with you in it! ^_^ One question though.. what are you doing for the hair? If a wig, make sure you get a GOOD one. I've seen a lot of Chi cosplay where the wig/or real hair ruins the costume. Details are a must ^_^ But bravo for your first costume!! My first one SUCKED >;D

Pyochi
11-09-2003, 06:38 PM
it looks really nice, but just like hitomi chan said it will be better apreciated on you ^^

Hanyaan
11-10-2003, 10:11 PM
The costume looks accurate, but a large portion of how good a cosplay is depends on how it fits the person wearing it. (Which is why I don't buy costumes on Ebay, since I don't know if it'll fit me like my good ones do, but that's digressing.) Does it fit well?

And yes, DO wear a good wig. Don't use a 10 buck Walmart one. Those suck.

manaxmana
11-12-2003, 08:09 AM
Wooo i like the symbol. And making a dress without patterns is hell so you get bonus points for that hee hee.. Put that dress on and post another pic~!

liz-maru
11-12-2003, 06:24 PM
it looks really nice!! ^_^

Lottie
11-15-2003, 08:18 PM
Wow!!! That's really good, if I did a Chii costume that would be the one I would like to do, it's so pretty. Nice job ^_^

Duke-Wintermaul
06-03-2004, 07:37 PM
yeah I agree with everyone else but, yeah, try to get a pic of you wearing it :)

Squall1882
06-04-2004, 12:29 PM
Wow.. that's awesome for a first costume.. and making it with no pattern at all!! That's skill!

NiGHTmaren
06-06-2004, 02:01 PM
The costume looks great, and the fact that you didn't use a pattern is impressive. But I agree, it's best to judge it if you are actually wearing it. That way we could see how it "falls", as in how the skirt part looks while you wear it. Remember to find a nice wig, doesn't have to be Chii's length (in fact, steer clear of Godiva wigs o_O), but long and a nice shade of blonde with bangs. I recommend trying to find a good wig shop online, there is a listing of where to find wigs in the Wig Forum. Ears and spools are important, and try to find a pair of shoes that flatters the costume. ^_^

*~Hime no Toki~*

Senko-chan
06-06-2004, 07:34 PM
it's very good! it came out awesome considering that you didn't use a pattern. Good job! ^_^

pegasusmaiden
06-07-2004, 06:03 PM
I believe the under skirt or the lining was purple I am not sure. I can't really make out if the fabric has a pattern or it is just pixelation (spelling?). The contrast of black and red is always beautiful. All you need are ears and ribbons. :)