PDA

View Full Version : Freeza in character or not?

Miss Majin
04-23-2011, 02:45 PM
I'm going to cosplay final form Freeza next summer. I have thought a lot about being in character in that costume. I really would like to be a bit Freezaish, I mean like when someone that I don't know comes to talk, for example to take a picture of me (and, of course, I want to let them take photos. Don't all the cosplayers like to be photographed?).

BUT. I don't know how should I act. Of course I have readen the manga and watched the anime and I know what Freeza is like, but how could I fit his behaviour to reality and, especially, to a con? I've never been in character before, haven't even tried. Or should I be totally out of character (is it said like that)?

So now I ask: people, who have cosplayed Freeza or who otherwise know how should I do, help the poor thing who wants to be THE MOST POWERFUL BEING IN THE UNIVERSEEEEEEEEE!

Hayroon
04-23-2011, 03:27 PM
Just carry yourself the way he does ie: take on his mannerisms and act very arrogant, try getting use to it before the con by walking around your house/apartment in character and if you want practice the voice

ubercaledor
05-10-2011, 12:32 AM
The part I would find hardest is the walk (since it tends to float everywhere), but other than that, I would imagine its reaction to photos to be something like "Yes, puny mortals, worship me as you would your god, for the hour of your destruction is at hand!!!"

Kibafan
05-12-2011, 08:04 AM
i have cosplayed his first form he is very difficult to get down pat i suggest remembering yes he is arrogant but also aristocratic for photos freeze some scenes and look for poses my favorite was were he crosses hand across chest and has his tail warped around him

awesomeifyit
11-06-2011, 08:29 AM
my general rule is if someone comes up to me in character i go along with it.