PDA

View Full Version : Project World of A-kon 23 (2012)

Seiten Taisei
04-25-2011, 11:10 PM
World of Warcraft at Project A-kon 23.

What is A-kon?
A-kon (http://a-kon.com) is the oldest continually running, anime-based convention in North America. Located in Dallas, Texas.
Celebrating its 22nd year in 2011, A-Kon hosts anime fans and guests, and offers other items of interest ranging from gaming, to independent film, all in the quest to provide the best experience for the fans and bring the most engaging, and educational, entertainment to the anime community.

What does the "23" stand for?
It would celebrate 23 years of constant growing and going strong.

What is the plan?
This is our project. Next year, the year 2012, we are planing on doing a Saturday cosplay group at A-kon 23. The theme is World of Warcraft. We want to make an amazing and talented photographer, Kuragiman have the most epic, amazing, and wonderful shoot ever.

What we are looking for?
Alliance (Draenei, Dwarves, Gnome, Human, Night Elf, Worgan.)
Horde (Blood Elf, Goblins, Orcs, Tauren, Trolls, Undead.)
Scourge
ETC.

Classes?
Death Knight, Druid, Hunter, Mage, Paladin, Priest, Rouge, Shaman, Warlock, Warrior.

Notable Toons? (Notable ones, I want to try to have at least one, so if you see one missing, I was to lazy to add it SO REQUEST!}

-King Genn Greymane (Worgan)
-Prophet Velen (Draenei)
-Council of Three Hammers (Dwarfs)
-High Tinker Gelbin Mekkatorque (Gnomes)
-King Varian Wrynn (Human)
-High Priestess Tyrande Whisperwind and Archdruid Malfurion Stormrage (Night Elf)
-Vol’jin (trolls)
-High Chieftain Baine Bloodhoof (Taurens)
-Garrosh Hellscream Warchief of the Horde (orc)
-Lor’themar Theron Regent Lord of Quel’Thalas (Blood Elf)
-Trade Prince Gallywix (Goblins)
-ETC

Facebook Group for the Cosplay workings: http://www.facebook.com/#!/home.php?sk=group_157343727640075

Notable Characters that will be attending
Lady Sylvanas (Myself)
The Lich King (My husband)
Night Elf Mohawk
King Genn Greymane Worgan Form
Female Lich King
(Maybe) King Varian Wrynn

Others
By Class
Death Knight x2
Druid x1
Paladin x1
Rogue x1
Hunter x1

By Race
Human x2
Night Elf x1
Undead x1
Blood Elf x1
Troll x1

Photo Shoot Times

Unofficial Shoot
Day: Saturday
Time: 12pm-2pm. This shoot is expected to be an hour to two hours. You do not have to stay the whole time.
Location: Will be in survivors park. However, we will meet right by registration before moving out for those who do not know where the park is at. Some people don't.

Notes
-Once the photo room comes around, I will try to book it if those wish it to be booked. It will be booked for an hour. I will make sure we will have the room for an our and not have a miss understanding.

Nozze
04-26-2011, 01:38 AM
Aw, Jaina is taken? Sad face.

Looks like a great project though. :) Hopefully you can have quite a few participants!

Seiten Taisei
04-26-2011, 09:48 AM
Nope It's not, just haven't put a full list of all notable characters lol

catfetus
05-01-2011, 01:48 PM
I can't dedicate myself for 2012 yet, but are you going to be there this year? :O It would be nice to hang out.

Nozze
05-02-2011, 09:19 AM
Oooh, well I was planning on making Jaina next year anyway for BlizzCon! I've actually got a mini-group of Jaina / Thrall / Varian / then Tirion or Arthas planned; could probably swing it for this since Texas isn't as far away as most other cons!

@Catfetus: I noticed on the facebook group that there are going to be some WoW cosplayers in general on the Friday of the con, I'm not sure about Seiten specifically.

Seiten Taisei
05-02-2011, 03:21 PM
I will be on friday this year.
On the A-kon forums on here and on the site, I'm the one organizing the little meet up this year as well.

Lycannon
05-14-2011, 11:26 AM
This actually sounds like a ton of fun! I'll have my worgen costume finished for BlizzCon this year, and I live about 30 minutes from Dallas. I've never been to A-kon, but I've always wanted to go. This would give me a great reason to. :]

Seiten Taisei
07-05-2011, 03:52 PM
I have updated the first post =D Its prettier now =D

XShinwa
08-31-2011, 07:12 AM
This is ROKKUkanon from the A-Kon forums, go ahead and add Maiev Shadowsong to the list (: