PDA

View Full Version : Who wants to get in shape for the summer?

CelestialShadow
04-28-2011, 02:48 AM
Well its that time of the year where we all start to worry about if we are going to fit into last years swim wear and summer clothing :eeek:

After taking a long hard look in the mirror and seeing my loose gut and then taking a body fat index only to scream at the meter i decided its time to get back into shape.

Frankly I thought my diet alone living here in japan would be enough to keep me on the slim side and indeed it has except i lost all my muscle mass in the process :waaaah:

So who`s with me on the quest to get back in shape for the summer? *raises fist in the air*

Since all of us are here in Japan and its certainly a far cry from the USA, why dont we share advice and info on how to get in shape? Does anyone know any foods that can help you loose weight? Locations that are good for excercise? Tips and tricks for workouts? Supplements?

What about yourself do you want to change? Bigger muscles? Flatter tummy? Become better at running, push ups, sit ups, ect? Lets share our goals!

Here is what I am doing so far:

Starting date for workout: April 27 2011
My Goal: Flat tummy (or loose 5 pounds which is all in my tummy lol)
My workout: 30 min. daily walk during the HOT part of the day (i make sure to wear sunscreen and bring water) Not sitting on the train ride to work, only standing and not holding on to anything to practice balance control (also works out your abs) then 60 crunches and sit ups at night before i go to bed.
My diet: Only lean meats and veg, NO SODA, only water or gatorade or tea. Only eat bread and sweets once a week and no snacking at work (where i eat the most junk food) NO RED BULL OR COFFEE....sucks but i do have to wean myself off that stuff....
My supplements: Woman`s daily multivitamin, vitamin c,b,e,a, Turmeric, Cinnamon (for my acne, its and anti inflammant)

Tenshi0080
04-28-2011, 04:04 AM
be careful as startches will give you mass.... one month until i reach yokosuka by the way.....

nightko
04-29-2011, 03:40 PM
I think you should cut gatorade. Too much sugar.
Loosing muscle is bad, it lowers your body catabolism, which in turns makes you gain more weight given the same diet.
Walking during the hot part of the day will just makes your body dehydrate faster, not really loosing fat.

A good read for some basic info:
http://www.naturalbodyhealing.com/stabilising-blood-sugar-levels.html

I really plan to get back in shape as well. Already bought a new pair of sports shoes. I plan to jog daily for at least 30 mins. No sugar. Plan to pick a dance course/Thai Boxing/Kung Fu class one month from now.