PDA

View Full Version : Vincent Valentine....Suggestions?

Elysion Gear
11-05-2003, 03:34 PM
I was wondering on how I could improve the look of this costume. I first wore it to Ai-Kon

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=77837&size=big&password=&sort=1&cat=500

Catpaw
11-05-2003, 03:39 PM
*Glomps & doesn't let go* No changes! It is the perfect Vincent costume!

Susumari
11-05-2003, 03:45 PM
holy! that's a kick ass vincent! alll hail hail hail

Elysion Gear
11-05-2003, 04:10 PM
*blushes*
^_^;;
Thank you but....*Tries to pry Catpaw from her.....and fails miserably.*

...I'm trying to get closer to prefecting the whole costume. Like maybe adding black leather staps with real buckles, getting those red contacts, and getting a long black wig so I won't have to dye my hair.

If you didn't notice, I've still got to get a holster for the gun and the right (brown) glove to to.....

Hotaru
11-05-2003, 04:16 PM
what material is the cape made out of? it seems a little bit...flimsy...but that's the only thing. i'm grasping for something to critique, because it's really awesome.

Elysion Gear
11-05-2003, 04:30 PM
I have no clue....I bought it more then a year ago. and it was such a perfect shade or red that I just had to get it. ^_^
Tho, At the time, I didn't know what to do with the material....until after I played FFVII. ^_~

sakura yuna
11-05-2003, 04:59 PM
First off great job on the costume...but I have a few concerns as far as the costume goes...you need a black wig...and you need to get rid of the glasses and get some red contact lenses...oh yes and your cape/cloak thingie needs to be made out of heavier material...because it looks kind of like a table cloth...right now...otherwise good job on the claw arm...

Lyn
11-05-2003, 05:49 PM
...and you need to get rid of the glasses and get some red contact lenses...

Just as a note, not everyone can simply get contact lenses and some people can't even wear them. You have to get a presciption first and the special colored kinds tend to be very expensive. I don't think it's really needed, just cosplayers will add it to a costume if they can afford it and if they can wear contacts.

The only thing I can think of to critique on the costume is the white part of your claw arm. Shouldn't that be black? That's really the only part of the costume that doesn't really look that right but the rest is very very well done.

the_tennyo
11-05-2003, 06:30 PM
got a picture on a different site at all?

Catpaw
11-06-2003, 08:43 AM
Lyn: That was the flash that made her claw seem white... it's gold really.

Elysion Gear
11-06-2003, 11:39 AM
First off great job on the costume...but I have a few concerns as far as the costume goes...you need a black wig...and you need to get rid of the glasses and get some red contact lenses...oh yes and your cape/cloak thingie needs to be made out of heavier material...because it looks kind of like a table cloth...right now...otherwise good job on the claw arm...

Yeah....it does look like a tablecloth....Perhaps I should give it a lining...make it a little more 'heavier' but keep the 'flowing' affect....

Lilli
11-06-2003, 04:23 PM
*-* Wow. Very nice claw and boots!

Aside from the stuff you've mentioned you're still working on, I like it lots! I can't wait to see it, once you've found a black wig. (And if you wind up being able to find red contacts, those too! I know it's rough finding them with a prescription, though...)

So nice! Yaay Vincent

Edit: Lilli can use pronouns... Yes, Lilli can...

Chanté
11-06-2003, 04:51 PM
Also about the cape, maybe you could make it out of a less "satiny" material, which makes the costume look "costumey". Maybe for a more realistic look, if you ever come across the right shade of red, you could remake the cape out of a heavier-weight fabric that isn't as shiny, like gabadreme (at Joann's).

Lyn
11-06-2003, 04:54 PM
Lyn: That was the flash that made her claw seem white... it's gold really.

Ohhh. K. I feel dumb now. Not only did I not notice that but I also forgot that the claw is gold there. Duh. *hits head*

Ah well, then, gotta say that the costume is pretty close to be perfect then. Though a black wig in the future might help if you don't mind spending the money on one.

Catpaw
11-06-2003, 05:41 PM
*Has wig in hand* I'm givin' my Vincent wig to EG... I dunno wha she's gonna do with it though... Straighten it or cut it?

Gren
11-07-2003, 05:22 PM
Really, a lining wouldn't make the cape look heavier. The material you used looks like lining, judging by the shine of it. If you were hellbent on keeping that fabric, You might try using a fusible interfacing. Try it with some leftover fabric first, to ensure your cape won't melt.

Actual construction. His caoe is in two peices. The top part, which covers his neckand shoulders, and the bottom, which hangs down http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ff7/text/char/ff7chr07.html (Click on CG Artwork)

On his Right arm, there is no sleeve. It is bare except for his black glove

His headbands look like they actually extend slightly above his head, causing his hair to fountain out like that. If you use a really thick interfacing, you can probably acheive this. Would also work well if you glued it all into one big cylinder, and then subtley stiched/glued that to the bottom of your wig.

Can't tell in any of your pics if you do/don't have them, but in addition to the 3 attached buckles, he has 2 freehanging on the right side. Exactly how they would ever attack tothe left is a mystery, as the entire buckle is over there.

Elysion Gear
11-10-2003, 10:52 AM
Actual construction. His caoe is in two peices. The top part, which covers his neckand shoulders, and the bottom, which hangs down http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ff7/text/char/ff7chr07.html (Click on CG Artwork)

On his Right arm, there is no sleeve. It is bare except for his black glove

His headbands look like they actually extend slightly above his head, causing his hair to fountain out like that. If you use a really thick interfacing, you can probably acheive this. Would also work well if you glued it all into one big cylinder, and then subtley stiched/glued that to the bottom of your wig.

Can't tell in any of your pics if you do/don't have them, but in addition to the 3 attached buckles, he has 2 freehanging on the right side. Exactly how they would ever attack tothe left is a mystery, as the entire buckle is over there.

Bleh! I didn't think I had enough matrial to make a two piece cape....Maybe I should re-do the whole cape...*thinks it over.* out of matrial that is not too light nor to heavy, and not "costumey" (if there is such a thing.)

*squints at Vinny pic* Vincent has his shirt sleeves rolled up.(Showing his forarms) I didn't want to show my arms in the pic, my forearms are too skiny. ;_;

*Takes the Wig from CP,* depending on what I have, The black wig will be sewn on the headband, after I make the headband a bit more....taller?
(Take a look at the Costume description, on how I made it) I used craftfoam to make the headband....

...And I'm on the search for 5 small matching buckles for the cape, a pair of matching belts and a pair of decent boots (those boots are dark brown?) to attach the pointy toes tips to...

Plus, I planing on getting those red contacts......I want to be the (near)perfect Vincent Valentine!

Gren
11-11-2003, 10:48 PM
http://www.tandyleather.com/Belts.html
All the buckles you can stand! ^o^

RadicalDreamer
11-11-2003, 10:59 PM
Excellent work, dude. Is that a real boomstick?

Kanaki-chan
08-16-2007, 09:49 AM
pleather works wonders....O.O, just make the coat out of red pleather or vinyl, and then you'll have nosebleeding fangirls surrounding you....O.O

Narno
08-16-2007, 10:43 PM
This post... is from 2003... 4 years ago. I think it's time to let it die.

darkStars
08-17-2007, 09:17 PM
Vincent's cape bottom isn't straight like yours, try to cut it a little.

Paradox Vincent
08-18-2007, 05:54 PM
I was wondering on how I could improve the look of this costume. I first wore it to Ai-Kon

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=77837&size=big&password=&sort=1&cat=500

In photos you shouldn't wear your glasses. And you also should use some pale makeup and some eyeliner.

:D It's good though, yes.