PDA

View Full Version : hello

Hisoka
11-05-2003, 05:30 PM
the amazing Studmaster told me to make good use of this forum...so here are my pictures of this halloween costume (Im kamui from X)

Hisoka
11-05-2003, 05:32 PM
uh! i forgot, i would like to hear youre coments! the sword doesnt show too good but i even made the details on it!

Hisoka
11-06-2003, 03:09 PM
Im so happy to hear all youre coments! so many of them....cant stop reading

Lilli
11-06-2003, 03:16 PM
Wow. No one commented on your costume after 1 whole day. No wonder you're devastated.

Hitori
11-06-2003, 03:19 PM
Alrighti, avid X fan commenting~
Shirt: Looks good, for that extraness you ought to put that gold band/symbol on the collar. You also need a white long sleeve dress shirt under the jacket.
Pants: I suggest flat fronted pants, w/ straight legs and ironed in creases if you want to be totalli accurate.
Cloak: I like... you mai want to make the collar wider, as his is quite large.
Sword: I'd love to see a better pic! The sword is the bestest if one can get it right. In the first pic though, I love the wai it's wrapped in red fabric, nice touch.
Anithing else: Pale makeup, but not too pale. Maybe some eyeliner to accent your eyes and give it that CLAMP feel. The hair isn't totalli right, but I assume it's your own and not much can be done about that...... *nods*

Hisoka
11-06-2003, 06:47 PM
hitori...i like you a lot! hahahaha, is just that youre the only person who posted anithing at all. I didnt wore a white shirt so my chest could be seen, hahaha just kidding, the sword is great trust me, im an art student and a painted it my self, my hair.... i cant do nothing about that, and i wouldnt were a weg even if they paid me, thakyou for youre coments, is just that i havent been able to make any friends at all on this forum...

Hitori
11-06-2003, 07:17 PM
Wigs can be your friends. I love wigs, no realli. You just have to get used to them. XD Go see mi hair, that's what I have to stuff under a wig so you can't complain XD
Aniwho... you just have to give it time, you haven't had your costume up veri long. I'm sure more people will repli or comment, don't judge them before they have a chance to sai anithing.

SquishedFlower
11-06-2003, 08:19 PM
great costume! but, is the cloak crushed velvet? or is it just wrinkly? i cant tell from the picture. If it is not then i suggest the handy dandy iron :-) i I really would like 2 see a pick o the sword, what did u make it out of anyway? Oh yeah and i havent made any friends either! Oh well such is life :-)

Hisoka
11-06-2003, 10:47 PM
the sword is made out of wood and i painted it with acrylics, and hitori ! im not judjing anyone

Gren
11-07-2003, 04:43 PM
Calm down about not immediately receiving a torrent of comments. This isn't the most active forum, and it really really annoys people.

I don't recommend a shiney material for the cloak. It contrasts poorly with the main costume, and is not very Kamui-like. It gives the cloak a purchased at a hallowen shop kind of look.

are the cuffs sliding up because your arms are raised or are the sleeves just too short? If it's raised arms, see if you can figure any poses that keep your shoulders down, if not, you could cheap by extending the red banding further.

Why won't you wear a wig? Have you tried wearing one in the past?

Hisoka
11-07-2003, 11:43 PM
does by cloak you refer to the cape?

Hitori
11-22-2003, 01:07 AM
Yeah, she cloak means cape^_^
I'm still super interested in seeing that sword. I think I'm gonna make one miself. *wants to see the sword realli bad*

Ooh, and you should go here: http://www.seiryuu.org/~amiboshi/XCosplay/ and look around and join.

Hotaru's Sister
11-22-2003, 09:26 AM
There's a big difference between halloween store wigs and good quality ones so don't automatically assume it'll be bad. Check out this site for some good anime wigs:

http://www.katiebair.com/wigs.html

Hisoka
11-23-2003, 09:58 PM
im gonna try and take a new photo of the sword, stay tuned ok?

Hisoka
11-24-2003, 10:32 PM
i got the second soundtrack to the tv series and its awsome!!!!!! buy it evryone!!!

Karasu
11-25-2003, 12:32 AM
I have a pick about the photography: get closer. All the full body shots are really far away and the only close up shot is blurry. Your costume is good, but you need someone to take better pictures of you in it. Ok, I'm done.