PDA

View Full Version : Yes/No, thoughts about this idea/costume.

DeiDei~Chan
04-30-2011, 04:10 AM
I don't know if this costume idea may... upset few people. And hope me and my friend don't get rude comments about it or toward us.
You see, me and my friend are doing Yade & Xan (in which they didn't came from a game nor anime) and here what may bother some people... Yade & Xan has that twist of WW2 german uniform style with a hint of morden (like Yade has a mask almost like Hannable Leacter's mask and a eyepatch while Xan has a eyescope like thing). They both have the red band but not with the black spider ( someone here use that term, i thought it was good to use on here) , in order to replace that, there a Y and a X there.
Now here this question; will this idea will cause some touble at a con?

Aoipeach
04-30-2011, 04:23 AM
I think inside the con, you shouldn't have too much grief, as there are cosplays that resemble SS uniform and some have swastikas which cosplayers choose to include, while others will forfeit some accuracy because they do not want to wear it; but people understand it's a convention, people will cosplay, some characters will have costumes like that, and they know it's just a costume. Most of the time, if you have a nagging doubt that it'll offend someone, it probably will, but everything will be offensive someone (in theory, i've never heard of someone being offended by a baby bunny) and if you want to do the costume, it sounds like you're well within your rights to do so. However, once you leave the con, people won't understand it's just a costume. You're at much higher risk for someone being offended by it. If you're going to leave, you should probably take off the mask/eyepatch/armbands, anything like that to be safe, and store them in your hotel room or car or bag if you have to. The best thing to do if you're going to wear a costume like that is prepare yourself for harsh comments that may come, and if you couldn't handle those, then it may just be best not to wear it at all.

DeiDei~Chan
04-30-2011, 04:41 AM
Well, thanks for the information. Beside, what's the worst remarks that I not read/heard of?