PDA

View Full Version : Hyde / Gackt / Jrock panel

Himemiya
11-05-2003, 11:15 PM
I bought the Moonchild DVD boxset. Moonchild is a movie staring Gackt (former lead singer of Malice Mizer / Soloist), Hyde (singer for L'arc en Ciel / Soloist), Wang Leehom (Chinese pop singer), a guy from battle royale, and a chinese girl. Its crazy awesome. Fans of Hyde/Gackt really like this movie :)

Anyway, i know a lot of people can't afford the ($95 with shipping) DVD, or don't have a region 2 DVD player. So I'd like to somehow show it at a Jrock panel, or a Jmusic panel, or it have its own panel. Or something.

I have NO idea of how to go about this. We couldn't show it in a video room, could we? Because animazement chooses the videos. But we'd need a projector. I could bring the region free player... x.x! HELP. I'M SLEEPY AND CONFUSED.

Michi
11-06-2003, 01:37 AM
This has nothing to do with Animazement or the showing but.. Which guy from Battle Royale? *^^* I'm just curious.

And to add to your actual thread, I think you could show it at a panel. I've been to panels (Jrock and Seramyu ones) where they have TVs set up. Just ask the con if you'll be able to use one, or have someone bring a monitor.

Himemiya
11-06-2003, 10:36 AM
Taro Yamamoto plays Shougo Kawada in Battle Royale, and Toshi in Moonchild *^^* very different roles... In Moonchild he plays a silly guy :D

You think i should just have a "MoonChild" panel? its a long movie, so I could talk a liiiiittle bit about it, and then show it... O.o

Lovelyangel_81
11-06-2003, 12:25 PM
I think you should have a MoonChild panel. Or a Hyde/Gackt/Moonchild panel or something like that. ^^;

oh btw, how long is it? :)

liz-maru
11-06-2003, 02:08 PM
that would be cool *_* if you brought it for us to watch ^_^ omg pwease!

Himemiya
11-06-2003, 04:40 PM
Its 2-3 hours... kind of long the first time you watch it, but if you're a fan of gackt and/or hyde, you'll be happy :D

Moonchild panel? Ya think they'll give me a room for 3 hours? x.x;

evaneko
11-06-2003, 05:45 PM
You could ask! I know people (including me!) who would definatly be interested in a panel like this. I think they take suggestions for showings- maybe you could email someone in charge and ask if they would consider showing it?? I don't reallly know ^^;;

Tomo
11-08-2003, 08:12 AM
Ooouh!!! That would be spiffs. You should definately ask. *nod nod* It wouldn't hurt. :B

Himemiya
11-11-2003, 01:10 AM
Evaneko - the problem with suggesting they show it is... I don't want to lend them my DVD x.x;; I don't even let it leave my house. x.x;;

A friend that runs panels at AZ every year suggested emailing AZ staff around february, so I'm gonna work on it :D What day do you think you'd prefer the panel to be?

Lovelyangel_81
11-11-2003, 11:25 AM
How about Friday night?

Kas
11-16-2003, 01:53 PM
A friend that runs panels at AZ every year suggested emailing AZ staff around february, so I'm gonna work on it :D What day do you think you'd prefer the panel to be?

I think it's possible Himemiya. I know the room we had for the Friday night jrock/gothic lolita panel had a projector in it and it was very big too. You could hook up your dvd player to it. I think our panel was 2 hours so I'm sure they could give you a room for that long or even longer if people is interested. Just request that you would need a projector if they can provide one.

SMoogle
11-27-2003, 10:45 PM
When is Animazement? I'm in Atlanta, and I try to get to as many cons as I can. I would LOVE to see Moon Child - been trying to win it off Ebay for a while (lost the last one by 2 dollars) but it still "evades my grasp". If they would play it, I would come ^.-