PDA

View Full Version : TF2 Scout Headset help

LolMachiina
05-01-2011, 08:41 PM
Hey, I was wondering how someone goes about making this? I'm not good at making props, but I really want to cosplay this year as the Scout. Any suggestions or any for sale?

Emilt
05-24-2011, 05:11 PM
Reference pictures are always a good help~ But since I sort of know what you're talking about, I'll take a shot at it.

http://girlsdontplaygames.com/scout_headset.jpg
They seemed to just take a pair of headphones with a mic attached and paint around it yellow/orange. Seems like an quick fix for something like that, but not completely accurate.

If you're really going for accuracy, I suppose I can recommend modding a headset if you're good in that field. Otherwise, go from scratch with some good ol' craft foam, paper mache, and other pieces you can find around.

Kyatt
07-02-2011, 09:49 PM
Should you not have headphones with a mic attached, you can take a small rubber ball, cut it in half, paint it black, and glue it onto the earpiece. From there, take a short length of wire and just stick it into the ball - it should stay in pretty well. For the other end, just find some small thing of foam; I used a rectangle of it cut from a spare foam brush.

sly bleu
06-24-2012, 11:08 PM
Oh! Oh! I'm working on mine right now! If you still want some help let me know!

soren7550
06-25-2012, 07:32 PM
When I made mine, I just bought a 'diva headset' from a party store and painted the earpiece.