PDA

View Full Version : Review: Make Up Forever Professional shadow

Stormraven24
05-04-2011, 01:09 PM
Name of Product:
Make Up Forever Professional Aqua Cream in 3 (silver)

Where Purchased:
Sephora

Product Description:
From Make Up Forever's site: "The Aqua Cream is an ultra-pigmented, long-lasting waterproof cream. Highly concentrated in mother-of-pearl pigments, it provides an immediate color intensity with a luminous finish. Its long-lasting formula will not crease or smudge under the most extreme conditions."

Pros:
Concentrated, vibrant, definitely silver; no chance of mistaking it for grey dark grey. Goes on smooth, dries quickly, and holds for a long time. Relatively cheap at $22 for 0.21 oz, especially since you don't need to use a lot to get great coverage; I covered my entire lid and barely put a scratch in the pot. Being waterproof is also a big plus.

Cons:
Even with a primer it tends to crease a tiny bit. Since it's a very metallic color, it also has the tendency to show off ANY wrinkles or creases on your eyelid. And once it dries, it pretty much on there for good. Makes it a bit difficult to apply eyeliner smoothly if you're putting it over top the shadow.

Overall Rating: 0-10 (0 is poor, 10 is excellent)
Right now, I'll say an 8 since it does show imperfections of the lid, but it's so pretty.

Edit: I didn't see the pre-existing thread someone else did for this cream, but is it cool if I leave this thread open?