PDA

View Full Version : Location suggestions please? (Philly and Baltimore)

MagdaleneDaae
05-04-2011, 09:14 PM
Okay, so I am doing a photoshoot in June some time. It'll probably be Arthas and Jaina from Warcraft, but it may just be me as Jaina if my Arthas is busy, also I'm doing a Harley Quinn shoot, possibly a Princess Odette shoot and maybe a Tina Armstrong shoot. Can someone recommend me places in Philly for those? I live in Philly but I need a few ideas maybe I hadn't considered. For Jaina I'd thought maybe the art museum garden area, but I don't know..

Now as to Baltimore, the shoots will be of Thrall and Jaina, Harley and The Joker, and finally Derek and Odette. I have only been to the inner harbor convention center area, so I know nothing of the city (well, okay, I've been to the Poe exhibits when I was younger) but anyone who could recommend me where to take photoshoots there?

Scorpion89
05-06-2011, 08:50 PM
Now as to Baltimore, the shoots will be of Thrall and Jaina, Harley and The Joker, and finally Derek and Odette. I have only been to the inner harbor convention center area, so I know nothing of the city (well, okay, I've been to the Poe exhibits when I was younger) but anyone who could recommend me where to take photoshoots there?

Well I live in Bmore and I'm a photographer if you can give me a better idea what type location and theme your looking for I can help you with locations and if you need someone to do photo's I can do that for you also.

MagdaleneDaae
05-07-2011, 07:14 AM
Well I live in Bmore and I'm a photographer if you can give me a better idea what type location and theme your looking for I can help you with locations and if you need someone to do photo's I can do that for you also.

Thank you so much! I will try and elaborate theme a bit then. So for the Warcraft shoot, I'm looking for something natural or medieval, somewhat secluded and sort of romantic.

For the Harley and Joker, I'm looking for chaotic, dillapidated, like a mad house but obviously I'd like to try and remain safe as far as where I go. I know that may be hard given that particular criteria, though. I also considered the Poe house or another Poe related area since Poe was all about the whole madness and unusual in his writing.

For the Odette and Derek photos I'm looking for a nice pond or other body of water. I prefer if there are sometimes swans or at least swan boats, but if not, just a pretty body of water in a park will do. I was planning to use the inner harbor's actual harbor area, but too many tourists and modern looking distractions on the water for the particular nature of the cosplay.

Scorpion89
05-07-2011, 08:35 AM
Thank you so much! I will try and elaborate theme a bit then. So for the Warcraft shoot, I'm looking for something natural or medieval, somewhat secluded and sort of romantic.

Okay I have location that I use that is a nice wooded area near JHU their is a small stream and a nice open meadow. Here is alink showing some of the location.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pby5a/sets/72157624180035197/

For the Harley and Joker, I'm looking for chaotic, dillapidated, like a mad house but obviously I'd like to try and remain safe as far as where I go. I know that may be hard given that particular criteria, though. I also considered the Poe house or another Poe related area since Poe was all about the whole madness and unusual in his writing.

Okay let me look around at a few place's down in Pigtown and over in Hampden there are some Industrial site that might fit your need.

For the Odette and Derek photos I'm looking for a nice pond or other body of water. I prefer if there are sometimes swans or at least swan boats, but if not, just a pretty body of water in a park will do. I was planning to use the inner harbor's actual harbor area, but too many tourists and modern looking distractions on the water for the particular nature of the cosplay.

Well there really is only one place in Baltimore I would send you to and this is the Cylburn Arboretum. Here is a link to the place.

http://www.cylburnassociation.org/

The Cylburn also can double for your Wooded Area also.

Hope this helps let me know if you need a photographer :wave:

MagdaleneDaae
05-07-2011, 08:45 AM
Awesome! Thanks, and we actually might, I'll consult with my cosplay group.

Scorpion89
05-07-2011, 09:01 AM
Awesome! Thanks, and we actually might, I'll consult with my cosplay group.

Okay let me know and I'll checkout Pigtown today have a shoot down in that area today. Are you looking to do this before Otakon.

MagdaleneDaae
05-07-2011, 09:12 AM
Okay let me know and I'll checkout Pigtown today have a shoot down in that area today. Are you looking to do this before Otakon.

Actually, either after or during due to hotel expense.

Scorpion89
05-07-2011, 10:13 AM
Actually, either after or during due to hotel expense.

May I suggest before or after Kon